Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

I keep staring at these.

I've got a hunch we shoooooooooooooooooooould be hearing more on the + soon, especially with the show around the corner.

Based off what what I learned at Cobra I could really see myself going 3w 5w in the MC, maybe even one + and one regular.

And bring on the Red-Tie.

I was wondering if anyone would go regular 3w, 5w+ combo. Sort of an inbetween regular and hybrid size head. Very progressive.

I was wondering if anyone would go regular 3w, 5w+ combo. Sort of an inbetween regular and hybrid size head. Very progressive.

Believe it or not, I was thinking of going the other way. The + is supposed to be hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot off the face and that could give me a weapon off the tee, plus I hit the smaller profile better off the tee believe it or not, and then the standard 5w could be a nice gap catch club both off the tee and even the deck if need be.

Fun to think about.

I'm stuck in my thought process here. The last few years have shown me that I just hybrids consistently better than fairways.

I have to wonder if anything will be different with these that could change that. No other way to know than to try it I suppose, just tough testing on actual grass where it would need to take place.

I'm stuck in my thought process here. The last few years have shown me that I just hybrids consistently better than fairways.

I have to wonder if anything will be different with these that could change that. No other way to know than to try it I suppose, just tough testing on actual grass where it would need to take place.

I can tell you the + will look way more hybrid like to you than the regular (or the cell did to you), the footprint is way more shallow and compact.

Believe it or not, I was thinking of going the other way. The + is supposed to be hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot off the face and that could give me a weapon off the tee, plus I hit the smaller profile better off the tee believe it or not, and then the standard 5w could be a nice gap catch club both off the tee and even the deck if need be.

Fun to think about.

Never really thought of it that way, but it makes sense with the low spin characteristics. Just was looking at it from head size, but your combo makes more sense really.

Never really thought of it that way, but it makes sense with the low spin characteristics. Just was looking at it from head size, but your combo makes more sense really.

Eh, we've all got our quirks, ya know? The smaller profile makes me focus more, which is always a good thing on the tee for me haha

I can tell you the + will look way more hybrid like to you than the regular (or the cell did to you), the footprint is way more shallow and compact.

Interesting on the +. Perhaps that's the look I need for it to work. I do have an extra spot in the bag afterall. :)

Gonna pick up one of these this weekend as a 3/4W. I am going to trade in my XHot and get a little discount and if the wallet says so, upgrade to the red tie shaft.

Gonna pick up one of these this weekend as a 3/4W. I am going to trade in my XHot and get a little discount and if the wallet says so, upgrade to the red tie shaft.

That sounds like a sweet set-up. Can't wait to hear how it works for you.

Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

I will be eyeing the green version this year! I love the cell fwys.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Thought the Red Tie was stock?

Whats stock in the Bio Cell then?

Thanks, Jman.

For some reason I had it in my head that the Red Tie was stock in the Bio Cell...

Thanks, Jman.

For some reason I had it in my head that the Red Tie was stock in the Bio Cell...

No problem dude. FWIW, they said Ricky was impressed with the PXv this year and it held up well for him, so thats a good sign. I'm biased to the red-tie but I'm excited to try the PXv and see at least.

No problem dude. FWIW, they said Ricky was impressed with the PXv this year and it held up well for him, so thats a good sign. I'm biased to the red-tie but I'm excited to try the PXv and see at least.

Cobra has really stepped up their stock offerings, which if you ask me, has been one of the smarted decisions they've made. Before the AMP line, the stock offerings were......well....interesting. Geared for a specific market.

Really want a 18* with a Tour Blue shaft. That shaft just jumps out at me when looking at specs.

James: should I expect the stock PXv to be different than like the PXv 6.0 which was stock in the x-hot or same shaft?

James: should I expect the stock PXv to be different than like the PXv 6.0 which was stock in the x-hot or same shaft?

Its proprietary so it was made in coordination with cobra and TT to pair with this head.

Its proprietary so it was made in coordination with cobra and TT to pair with this head.

Thanks, good to know! I shall throw out my preconceived notions of the PXv shaft then. :)

I like it better than the one that was in the x-hot cookie, but still don't think it's for me though. Open mind I will keep though.

Just went back and looked at the comparison photos in the first post. Actually really happy with the smaller footprint in the +. Regular almost looks like a driver in comparison!

Does anyone know a good online retailer for ordering customized Cobra clubs?

Does anyone know a good online retailer for ordering customized Cobra clubs?

You can order them directly from Cobra. customer service at 800-917-3300 or Online Sales at 800-540-3565

Back