Vancouver Island Spring Golf

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
After 30 years working for the same company I am getting laid off about the end of March. They are kicking me out the door with a nice package including a year of severance, accrued vacation pay and more.

The kick off to a summer off work and playing golf I am planning a trip out to Vancouver Island for the weekend of April 19-20 to hopefully play a few rounds of golf with some fellow THP'ers. I have no solid plans for the weekend as yet other than driving out and playing Tobiano in Kamloops on Friday the 18th on my way out.

If you are interested please reply to the thread and let me know. I am looking at spending longer than the weekend myself and have found this website to have some great packages for golf on the island.

After 30 years working for the same company I am getting laid off about the end of March. They are kicking me out the door with a nice package including a year of severance, accrued vacation pay and more.

The kick off to a summer off work and playing golf I am planning a trip out to Vancouver Island for the weekend of April 19-20 to hopefully play a few rounds of golf with some fellow THP'ers. I have no solid plans for the weekend as yet other than driving out and playing Tobiano in Kamloops on Friday the 18th on my way out.

If you are interested please reply to the thread and let me know. I am looking at spending longer than the weekend myself and have found this website to have some great packages for golf on the island.

This sounds like an awesome plan and a great way to kick off your summer!
Unfortunately I am leaving for Orlando on the 23rd of April and there's just no way I could even ask my wife to let me head to the Island the weekend prior. I wonder if there's a way I can play Tobiano with you...I freaking LOVE that course and it's probably the nicest course I've ever played. That is Easter weekend I believe so maybe I can make something work out...

I can't say that I'm in 100% yet as things may change between now and April. But Depending on where you are playing as we get closer I may join you.

This sounds like an awesome plan and a great way to kick off your summer!
Unfortunately I am leaving for Orlando on the 23rd of April and there's just no way I could even ask my wife to let me head to the Island the weekend prior. I wonder if there's a way I can play Tobiano with you...I freaking LOVE that course and it's probably the nicest course I've ever played. That is Easter weekend I believe so maybe I can make something work out...

Ditto to this, plus I'm driving down to Cali the first week of April to visit some family, so I am going to be completely toast for vaca time between that and the King. However, depending on when you drive out and back I could potentially be talked into a round/beer/food down towards Vancouver whenever you pass through.

Sounds like a blast dude, I SO wish I could join you for the whole weekend!!

Who knows maybe we could get to gether for a round on the mainland on the Saturday - depending what everyone else wants to do.

As for Tobiano it looks like the 18th is the day I will be there. It would be cool if anyone else could make it for that.

I can't say that I'm in 100% yet as things may change between now and April. But Depending on where you are playing as we get closer I may join you.

I am hoping to get in at least one round at Bear Mountain....

I would join you Froop, but I'm going to be stuck here in snowy he double hockey sticks.

Who knows maybe we could get to gether for a round on the mainland on the Saturday - depending what everyone else wants to do.

As for Tobiano it looks like the 18th is the day I will be there. It would be cool if anyone else could make it for that.

I am hoping to get in at least one round at Bear Mountain....

Easter Long weekend I will either be in the Okanagan or at home near Vancouver. If I am in the OK I will join you at Tobiano and if I am in Vancouver I will join you if you are able to swing a mainland round on the Saturday or Monday.

Tobiano is the freaking bomb. I have never had my ass handed to me in such a pleasurable way before haha.

Tobiano-Golf-Course-02.jpg

Yes Please!

Easter Long weekend I will either be in the Okanagan or at home near Vancouver. If I am in the OK I will join you at Tobiano and if I am in Vancouver I will join you if you are able to swing a mainland round on the Saturday or Monday.

Tobiano is the freaking bomb. I have never had my ass handed to me in such a pleasurable way before haha.

Tobiano-Golf-Course-02.jpg

Yes Please!

Yes please indeed. Next time I'm in BC I am going to have to check that course out.

I may be interested. Only heard great things about the course. Looks simply amazing!!! A complete change from the tracks I'm playing. Told myself I should travel and check out these kinds for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a Saturday mainland round happens I am almost definitely in. Tobiano probably isn't gonna happen for me on Friday because I don't think I can afford to take another day off work in April, but keep me in the loop - depending on how some plans pan out in March, there is a chance I could have a day to burn. That place looks AWESOME!

It would only take a slight change in plans to stop in Vancouver for a Satrurday round. Where do you guys usually play?

Well - there was a big change in plans made today. As some of you know I lost vision in my right eye the Canadian way when I was young. (Hockey stick) The last year or so I have had to be really careful outdoors on sunny days as too much sun in the eye caused really nasty headaches and pain the next day.

I went to see the Opthalmic surgeon this morning. I will be having surgery to remove the eye on April 15th. It is day surgery but requires some follow up during the first couple weeks following the procedure which pretty much wipes out any plans I had for golf during that time.

With the level three Rules Seminar and exam happening the first week of May it may delay my vacation until mid May.

I will be back on the thread and let you know what my plans are as soon as I know when things are rescheduled for.

Sorry to hear that Ted, but health is most important! Good luck with the eye!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Good luck with the eye Froop. I'll keep an eye out for the thread. No pun intended I swear.

Good luck with the eye Froop. I'll keep an eye out for the thread. No pun intended I swear.

You should have just said you would keep an eye out, I know I will! (People who take themselves too seriously never have any fun.)

That's a shame about the surgery.

I'd be really tempted for this but I think 12 hours away is just a bit too far.

Hopefully all is well with your eye Ted!

Regardless, some kind of THP WA/OR/BC/ALB get-together has to happen sometime. I hear the Okanagan is great in the summer...

Hopefully all is well with your eye Ted!

Regardless, some kind of THP WA/OR/BC/ALB get-together has to happen sometime. I hear the Okanagan is great in the summer...

I approve this message. Chambers Bay would also be an awesome spot to have a get together, especially if we did it off season (its hella pricy in the summer).

I'd love to play there before the US Open but that's too far for the Alberta crowd methinks.

I'd be really tempted for this but I think 12 hours away is just a bit too far.

#CarPool #RoadTrip

I think a large get together in the Okanagan would be awesome at some point. Team Alberta vs. Team B.C. vs. Team Merica. Another thread for another day. Bump this when your ready Froop.

#CarPool #RoadTrip

I think a large get together in the Okanagan would be awesome at some point. Team Alberta vs. Team B.C. vs. Team Merica. Another thread for another day. Bump this when your ready Froop.

Now we're on to something! The Okanagan might just be the best place on earth in the summer months, and there are some seriously kickass courses there...as if I needed more to get excited about lol.

#CarPool #RoadTrip

As OG would say, now you're cooking with Crisco! Sounds awesome, I really hope we can make something like this work.

#CarPool #RoadTrip

That might be something I could swing. Pun intended. ;)

No, its a good thing. Hurts so bad sometimes I gotta take stuff that just flat knocks me out to deal with it.

As for Okananan golf - sounds good to me too. Maybe like May long weekend?

Back