Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

That's my teammate right there, smart. I like it.

I do think we could get you some more time with the CB's soon though :alien:
No worries, bro.

I have a set in my bag that isnt going to be moved out for quite some time, and are similar in specs to the Speedblades.

I finally got out for a round with my CBs since I was fit for them. I probably shouldn't have, since I said I was going to let my back heal up but I couldn't resist going and trying them out.

I don't find these unforgiving at all, in fact my miss yesterday because my back was sore was multiple thin shots, and these really help out in that category. While you can feel that you hit the ball thin, you look up expecting to see a mess and the ball still travels nicely with a minimal loss of distance. If you say that the speed pocket should help with hitting the ball a few grooves low, I'd believe it 100% after what I experienced yesterday.

After my fitting, these are pretty much point and shoot. I did experience some distance loss after the fitting compared to the SGI irons I was playing, but considering that these are now 1.25" shorter than those and higher lofted I would expect quite a bit of distance loss. But the accuracy is incredible, they were pretty much point and shoot for me and once I figure out my distances again I'm confident that these will be my gamers for quite a while. The feel when you hit a pure shot with these irons is so nice. I long to experience it more often.

Tour 90's and CB's intrigue me.

I recokon some info on shafts for those folks that went to the Ultimate Club Testing a few weeks back will be coming our way very soon

I don't find these unforgiving at all, in fact my miss yesterday because my back was sore was multiple thin shots, and these really help out in that category. While you can feel that you hit the ball thin, you look up expecting to see a mess and the ball still travels nicely with a minimal loss of distance. If you say that the speed pocket should help with hitting the ball a few grooves low, I'd believe it 100% after what I experienced yesterday.

I had some time on the range with these this morning. I was tired after my fitting and hit a few shots thin, and my experience was exactly this. Much better ball flight than I was expecting on those misses.

how do these compare to the RB Tours as heard they improved sound and feel over them cheers

Ive only hit the Tours a few time but its night and day IMO. For me the tours were longer, but the TP line is a much more better feeling set of irons IMO.

how do these compare to the RB Tours as heard they improved sound and feel over them cheers

Performance they are right on par for me with the Tours, they do launch a little better IMO.

Sound/Feel is def improved w the slotted irons, much like the SpeedBlades did from the RocketBladez IMO.

I agree with those above that the feel on these is night and day compared to the RBZs.

I think the launch conditions are a lot more in the hands of the shafts now on these where as before the slot caused all sorts of "fun"

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I agree with those above that the feel on these is night and day compared to the RBZs.

I think the launch conditions are a lot more in the hands of the shafts now on these where as before the slot caused all sorts of "fun"

Shafts do play a role in launch, but the largest role is played by the head IMO.

Shafts do play a role in launch, but the largest role is played by the head IMO.

I agree with you 100%. I just felt like in the RBZ tours, the cavity caused some really weird results in both launch and overall distance that no shaft could compensate for.
In my limited time with these they are much more consistent and the shafts seem to have a little more influence on trajectory than just the cavity

cheers all for the replies, also is there any difference in feel on the short irons without the slots, as the RB tours just didn't feel right to me in the short irons either, but that could of been shaft related,cheers for any more help

Quick update regarding the fitting, etc that was discussed last week. Just spoke with TM again and I will be contacting my local TMPL center either later today or tomorrow to schedule my fitting.

Was even told today that if I wanted a combo set I could order that as well and it's an 8 club set so I will likely go 4-AW. I'm sure it'll be recommended to go all CB's but man I would love to toss in a MC PW and a MB AW.

Much more to come as I get my fitting done!

Quick update regarding the fitting, etc that was discussed last week. Just spoke with TM again and I will be contacting my local TMPL center either later today or tomorrow to schedule my fitting.

Was even told today that if I wanted a combo set I could order that as well and it's an 8 club set so I will likely go 4-AW. I'm sure it'll be recommended to go all CB's but man I would love to toss in a MC PW and a MB AW.

There's no MC AW. Also, IMO no need to throw any MC's in there, you're going to love the CB's in those two clubs...you really will.

I ordered a set late last week 4-PW CB's with Tour 90's in them. Hopefully I will get them next week sometime. I am really looking forward to hitting these with the 90's in them. I recently have played both the MP-54's and the RBZ Tours with 90's in them and love the flight of the ball. I can't wait to do a comparison with the 54's and the CB's side by side to compare flight and forgiveness.

I'll be going to GolfTec in Overland Park. Could have done it today in San Ramon, CA, but the people we are staying with say the traffic from here to there is terrible at 4:00. And I don't feel like dealing with Rush Hour anywhere in California!

I ordered a set late last week 4-PW CB's with Tour 90's in them. Hopefully I will get them next week sometime. I am really looking forward to hitting these with the 90's in them. I recently have played both the MP-54's and the RBZ Tours with 90's in them and love the flight of the ball. I can't wait to do a comparison with the 54's and the CB's side by side to compare flight and forgiveness.

Very nice! The 90's are sooooooo intriguing in these.

Love, Love, Love KBS 90's shafts in general. I'm really excited to see them in the CB's.

There's no MC AW. Also, IMO no need to throw any MC's in there, you're going to love the CB's in those two clubs...you really will.

Thank ya sir, I was not aware that both the MC & MB stopped at PW.

CB's throughout it is which is the right move for sure. But let's see what the fitting says. :)

Cookie, how do these compare to your DPCs? I feel that the AP2s I'm playing now are great clubs but I am really drawn to these CBs, I just do not know how much of an upgrade they will be. I could definitely use a shaft upgrade from the S300s, but I am wondering how much better the heads are, if any. I need to go hit these a bit...

Cookie, how do these compare to your DPCs? I feel that the AP2s I'm playing now are great clubs but I am really drawn to these CBs, I just do not know how much of an upgrade they will be. I could definitely use a shaft upgrade from the S300s, but I am wondering how much better the heads are, if any. I need to go hit these a bit...

My time with the CB's is very limited (as in short time on range at Kingdom).

With that said, I think they are a bit more demanding as I think they have a smaller profile than the J40's. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I have them in hand for a good head to head testing.

My time with the CB's is very limited (as in short time on range at Kingdom).

With that said, I think they are a bit more demanding as I think they have a smaller profile than the J40's. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I have them in hand for a good head to head testing.

No more demanding than the J40 DPC's in my opinion, pretty solid comparison to me the more time I spend with them.

No more demanding than the J40 DPC's in my opinion, pretty solid comparison to me the more time I spend with them.

I'll agree with ya there. While I have numerous rounds in with the dpc's and only a few with these I didn't find a huge difference between the 2 really except feel.

Thanks for chiming in guys, as I mentioned my experience with them was very limited so I'm happy to see that you guys think they're very comparable.

I'm excited to put them to some Head to head testing here pretty soon.

Thanks for chiming in guys, as I mentioned my experience with them was very limited so I'm happy to see that you guys think they're very comparable.

I'm excited to put them to some Head to head testing here pretty soon.

I think you'll enjoy them Cookie. Not as forgiving as the Speedblades or as long, but damn solid. I'm enjoying them more each time I get out to be honest.

Back