Cpljohnst gets fit at Annika Academy

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
I'd asked for a driver fitting from my wife for Christmas and she surprised me with a full fitting from Annika Academy in Orlando. It's coming up a week from tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.

I've read so many great things about Annika Academy from past Morgan Cup members that were fit there and posted about their experiences here. Freddie Kong, Donne, and others. Plus I had toured AA during the THP event at Reunion resort.

I'm going in with a complete open mind on everything. I really want to find the right shafts to maximize distance off the tee. I'm right on the line with stiff and regular so will be interesting to see which works best.

I'm a bit nervous because I'm not the best "range" swinger. I'm concerned about over swinging coming into play. I think I'll ask to not even see the numbers until we are done. I'd hate to get up there and lose my swing and start shanking irons! Will gladly accept any tips on how to approach this. I won't get to play for several days prior to the fitting and I almost think that is a good thing.

I'm looking forward to hitting the Apex line of irons as well as the XR line. Will be cool to see which ends up being best for me. I've got no favorites for fairway it hybrid.

Awesome Barry. You work your butt off for your family so I am really happy you are getting something done for you. Enjoy the hell out of it.

This is great Barry, have fun. Looking forward to your feedback

I am excited for you Barry, looking forward to seeing what they fit you to.

I'm right on the line with stiff and regular so will be interesting to see which works best.
I was told that same thing this weekend, so this could be interesting. Can't wait, and happy another THPer gets in on this. I'm still mad I drove right by the place a few weeks ago and did nothing.

I was wondering when this was gonna happen Barry. Enjoy and have fun. Envy you fella and cannot wait to hear your results!

JM

That is terrific Barry. That session may be one the best things I ever splurged on, and really made me understand what a great fitting can be like.

You are going to get some swings in outside before you do anything fitting wise, so that helps you get warmed up and find your swing for the rest. Otherwise, my advise is just to keep asking questions so that you get any information you are looking for, and trust them to do their job...even when they hand you something you may think is absurd.

I would still like to do this.

JM

Happy that you are getting to do a fitting there, Barry! I am looking forward to hearing the outcome.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

That is terrific Barry. That session may be one the best things I ever splurged on, and really made me understand what a great fitting can be like.

You are going to get some swings in outside before you do anything fitting wise, so that helps you get warmed up and find your swing for the rest. Otherwise, my advise is just to keep asking questions so that you get any information you are looking for, and trust them to do their job...even when they hand you something you may think is absurd.
Thanks Donne. Your fitting review was fabulous and really made me want to do my fitting here as well. My swing is not at its best right now, but I think that's a good thing too. The fitter will see what my common flaws are right off and can hopefully steer me towards clubs that will help correct my misses when the swing is not good.

Can't wait to see how it goes Barry. I know talking to you saturday you were really excited about this and rightfully so

Looking forward to hearing all about the experience Barry.

Good for you Barry! You will be shooting lights out with the new setup.

congrats Barry. Hope you have a great time

Wow what a great present from your wife.She knows you and loves you.

What a wonderful gift Barry. Enjoy the fitting!

Enjoy Barry can't wait to see your results buddy , Don't worry they have a great starting point .

That's great Barry! Can'r wait to hear you feedback on the fitting.

Looking forward to reading your experience, Barry. Callaway's lineup is so deep--it should be fun.

Good for you Barry! Enjoy the entire experience.

that place is awesome, and the callaway performance center is the real deal. I don't recall the name of the fitter I met there, but he was very knowledgeable and had an awesome disposition. enjoy and can't wait read your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Barry!

Nice Barry! My man you deserve the best buddy! Have a blast and learn a ton. Quality fitting are so much fun! But a bit tiring too hahahah

Knowing how solid your game is, I know a fitting could help you get to that next level. Looking forward to hearing what you learn.

Back