Birdieball Putting Greens

My setup for now. No lefties allowed
mygamy5u.jpg

Not thrilled with mine and have gone back to the Big Moss. My BB has one long stretch where the grain is different than the rest and the ball slows dramatically when it hits that spot. Also, I did buy the strike mat after being told by BB that the green would be fairly receptive for chipping. Unfortunately the balls reacts as if it is hitting a frozen green (even with my 64*). The strike mat is of excellent quality however and will get some use outside.

I use a broom to sweep the grain in the same direction but I'm thinking this will wear it out eventually. It does helps with consistent speed on the surface though. You're right about the chipping thing, it just bounces like a frozen green. Overall, for what I paid I'm happy with it. I have an extra one sitting in a box I'm thinking about selling on craigslist.

Huh! I just thought that was the normal sound! Mine is on carpet, and it does make a louder noise than normal. On hard flooring it's different, you say?

Does it roll any faster or slower when it sits on carpet?

It's slower when it sits on carpet. Still rolls pretty consistently...And no, the loud zipping sound doesn't exist on hard flooring.

My setup for now. No lefties allowed
Looks like a 4x18. Still loving mine, and ended up putting a hole in the very middle and on the other end.

Ordered. The 3x13.5. Typed in upgrade. I think that promo was over but looks like I still got it

Looks like a 4x18. Still loving mine, and ended up putting a hole in the very middle and on the other end.

What did you use to cut the hole?

It's slower when it sits on carpet. Still rolls pretty consistently...And no, the loud zipping sound doesn't exist on hard flooring.

Hmmm... I think I'll leave mine on the carpet for now. I think it's already pretty fast - I can put up with the noise (to be honest, I don't notice it anymore), but the greens around here are generally not this fast, so I don't want to juice it up any more!

What did you use to cut the hole?

Used a razor blade. Its not perfect but it works.

If you took a piece of wood (or even a ruler) and taped an exacto knife/blade to the end, then drilled a small hole at 2 1/8 '" away, you might be able to put a nail or pencil or in the hole and spin or walk the blade around to get a uniform circle cut. I don't know if this material would allow that or not.

If you took a piece of wood (or even a ruler) and taped an exacto knife/blade to the end, then drilled a small hole at 2 1/8 '" away, you might be able to put a nail or pencil or in the hole and spin or walk the blade around to get a uniform circle cut. I don't know if this material would allow that or not.

Idk I've already cut two holes in it. Don't want to cut many more.

Idk I've already cut two holes in it. Don't want to cut many more.

Got ya. I was thinking more of - for anyone doing it in the future. It would probably be easier to trace the circle & just cut it with a razor.

oh yeah that would be much easier. Which I would have thought about that but guess its to late now.
Got ya. I was thinking more of - for anyone doing it in the future. It would probably be easier to trace the circle & just cut it with a razor.

Got out the tape measure. 4X18. Ordered the 3x13.5 so they upgraded the length and the width plus got the 30% off twitter deal.

I've been practicing 4-footers mostly using the smaller hole insert: it's 2.5 inches in diameter, so that's 65% smaller than a regular cup - areawise!

This has become much tougher than I expected. I was making 30 in a row no sweat on the normal cup from 4'. So far, I'm up to 10-11 out of 12 on the small hole, with my longest streak at 8 in a row.

It'll be a while before I can see if this is going to help on the course.
0366d180-3c81-4344-8323-01e07eb1f7e7_zpsdbdc15f8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

do you have to put it on a nice level surface?

I was considering buying one to put in my unfinished basement with a less than leveled floor. Would it be cool to be able to move it around and have some breaking putts or would it make the putting green unusable.

Thanks

do you have to put it on a nice level surface?

I was considering buying one to put in my unfinished basement with a less than leveled floor. Would it be cool to be able to move it around and have some breaking putts or would it make the putting green unusable.

Thanks

It would work fine IMO as long as they were gradual breaks so they were realistic. As long as the green is stretched out so it can lay "flat", and not bunched up in any spots, it will roll well. And the only place I think you would have to worry about it bunching up is on carpet.

It would work fine IMO as long as they were gradual breaks so they were realistic. As long as the green is stretched out so it can lay "flat", and not bunched up in any spots, it will roll well. And the only place I think you would have to worry about it bunching up is on carpet.

great thanks

whats the best place to buy them online? dou you know if there is any discount code i can use?

great thanks

whats the best place to buy them online? dou you know if there is any discount code i can use?

I've only seen them sold direct from birdieball. Sometimes they throw out coupon codes on Facebook or twitter. You could always tweet John at Birdieball and say you're with THP and see if he gives you a deal.

great thanks

birdieball.com There are codes out there. If you send John a message on Twitter (BirdieBallUSA) and let him know that you're on the THP
forum and you'd like to purchase one, he may give you a code. I know he gave many of us a 30% off coupon...and you can upgrade it for free on the site when you're making the purchase as well. We can help walk you through it when time comes.

I've only seen them sold direct from birdieball. Sometimes they throw out coupon codes on Facebook or twitter. You could always tweet John at Birdieball and say you're with THP and see if he gives you a deal.

birdieball.com There are codes out there. If you send John a message on Twitter (BirdieBallUSA) and let him know that you're on the THP
forum and you'd like to purchase one, he may give you a code. I know he gave many of us a 30% off coupon...and you can upgrade it for free on the site when you're making the purchase as well. We can help walk you through it when time comes.

ok guys I will try tweeting him

What they said :D

Not sure if this is a different product, but I've seen one on golf town canada's website and they seem to be cheaper than on birdieball's website...

http://www.golftown.com/Birdie-Ball-Indoor-Putting-Green-12x2-P11552.aspx#.UtVVQ555N2Y

on the web site it gets to about 105$ plus 60 bucks shipping versus 119 at golftown... I sure would rather buy from the source, but shipping is killing me
this is before applying any coupons though

Not sure if this is a different product, but I've seen one on golf town canada's website and they seem to be cheaper than on birdieball's website...

http://www.golftown.com/Birdie-Ball-Indoor-Putting-Green-12x2-P11552.aspx#.UtVVQ555N2Y

on the web site it gets to about 105$ plus 60 bucks shipping versus 119 at golftown... I sure would rather buy from the source, but shipping is killing me
this is before applying any coupons though

Yeah, shipping may be on the expensive side since it's going to Canada....Which I don't completely get...Must be 'international' something or other. But, that green on GolfTown doesn't seem to give you the customizable options (Dual Stimp, cups on both ends, etc...) as birdieball does. When I customized a 9'x2', which would upgrade to a 13.5'x2 for free, the price came out to $84.99...without the discount code and without shipping. I'd see if you can get a coupon code...Customize the green to how you'd want it and then go from there.

Back