Global Golf Trade-In Question

I would just call them to make sure. I have bought/traded several times with Global Golf with good success. You just have to make sure you purchase the same you trade in clubs for it to attach to the purchase.

I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say in the bolded part. I thought you could either buy now and have your credit card credited the trade-in value once they receive your clubs, or (more than likely the route I'd go), you can get a trade-in estimate, mail them in, they verify, and e-mail you an gift card number for the trade-in value for a future purchase.

all depends on the condition your clubs are in. My clubs were in average condition and GG gave me a fair pricing for them. Plus anything over $100 for trade in, they'll give you free Fedex s/h. You just print out the label.
You also have to consider this using eBay: There's a fee that you would have to pay using eBay. Paypal will also take a very small portion. Plus, you would have to pay for the s/h cost.
By the way, Global golf won't just give you cash. They will give you a gift card or credit to use in the future purchase.

I am well aware of the costs associated with selling on eBay (if you re-read the post you quoted, I figured all of the added costs into the $100 net estimate). I am also aware that Global Golf doesn't give cash, which is why (in the same quoted post), my debate was between (approx.) $100 cash vs. store credit of $140 minus whatever they devalue the clubs at based on condition after receipt, which is kind of an unknown going in. That's why I asked how much the trade-in value changed for you from the original estimate to the actual value given. If they tell me $140, and I get $135, then no big deal. If they tell me $140, then I get $100, that would be a deal breaker. I'll take $100 cash over $100 store credit any day of the week. I understand what you're saying, and appreciate the input. I was unaware of the free FedEx shipping on trade-ins over $100. That certainly adds to the appeal.

I just went on their site and it says 150% Trade in Value on all 2015 Callaway Club Purchases

You could just call them and have all your questions answered immediately. They can clarify everything

I am well aware of the costs associated with selling on eBay (if you re-read the post you quoted, I figured all of the added costs into the $100 net estimate). I am also aware that Global Golf doesn't give cash, which is why (in the same quoted post), my debate was between (approx.) $100 cash vs. store credit of $140 minus whatever they devalue the clubs at based on condition after receipt, which is kind of an unknown going in. That's why I asked how much the trade-in value changed for you from the original estimate to the actual value given. If they tell me $140, and I get $135, then no big deal. If they tell me $140, then I get $100, that would be a deal breaker. I'll take $100 cash over $100 store credit any day of the week. I understand what you're saying, and appreciate the input. I was unaware of the free FedEx shipping on trade-ins over $100. That certainly adds to the appeal.

Ok, I'll give you one example of my prior trade in: I traded in 3 clubs. All of them were in good condition (my assessment). Initial value was at $125. I got $110 credit after they physically evaluated my clubs. $15 difference was no big deal to me because s/h that I would've paid for if I sold them myself on eBay.
Sending your clubs to GG blind is scary but they wouldn't cheat to make a few extra bucks. GG is a good reputable company and would want to gain your trust as a buyer.

I think Global Golf and I are on a first name basis. I'm like their Norm from Cheers.

Good site to work with. As long as the clubs are not damaged, you will get that much in trade-in credit.

Do you happen to know if they accept irons with paint fill removed? thanks!

Sorry for the confusion, you are right. There are two options. Either trade in and buy the same day to get purchase credit or trade in for long term store credit where they email you a store credit voucher. I was just clarifying the trade in purchase now option.
I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say in the bolded part. I thought you could either buy now and have your credit card credited the trade-in value once they receive your clubs, or (more than likely the route I'd go), you can get a trade-in estimate, mail them in, they verify, and e-mail you an gift card number for the trade-in value for a future purchase.

As a certifiable club ho, I've traded in so many clubs to Global Golf that I've lost count. I've never had them deduct any amount for condition.

You could just call them and have all your questions answered immediately. They can clarify everything

I plan on calling tomorrow to clarify. I started this thread hoping to have some of the vague questions answered by some more experienced in the process, and better educate myself to speak to them. I probably should have started this thread earlier in the day to gather info and called this afternoon, but now I'm up against running home and changing to get ready for my league tonight, so that's not going to happen today. Poor planning on my part. I'll be watching & participating in this thread tonight, and will call them with any questions left unanswered tomorrow and report back all the relevant info I get here.

Ok, I'll give you one example of my prior trade in: I traded in 3 clubs. All of them were in good condition (my assessment). Initial value was at $125. I got $110 credit after they physically evaluated my clubs. $15 difference was no big deal to me because s/h that I would've paid for if I sold them myself on eBay.
Sending your clubs to GG blind is scary but they wouldn't cheat to make a few extra bucks. GG is a good reputable company and would want to gain your trust as a buyer.

Excellent info, Wonton, thanks!

I plan on calling tomorrow to clarify. I started this thread hoping to have some of the vague questions answered by some more experienced in the process, and better educate myself to speak to them. I probably should have started this thread earlier in the day to gather info and called this afternoon, but now I'm up against running home and changing to get ready for my league tonight, so that's not going to happen today. Poor planning on my part. I'll be watching & participating in this thread tonight, and will call them with any questions left unanswered tomorrow and report back all the relevant info I get here.
No prob, sounds like a plan! Sorry didn't mean to come off as rude, its just easier sometimes to get specific answers over the phone. Let us know how things turn out!

I believe you have to make the purchase of a Callaway Club immediately to get the extra bonus trade in credit. Otherwise, you'll just get the normal value, without the 50% bonus.... at least that's what they told me. They'll credit your credit card the trade in value once they are evaluated.

But then again... I haven't purchased from them with a trade in before.

I can't answer your question directly, but if they don't it's not very difficult to repaint them.

Call them up. You get to talk to a real person pretty quickly and they're very helpful.

I believe you have to make the purchase of a Callaway Club immediately to get the extra bonus trade in credit. Otherwise, you'll just get the normal value, without the 50% bonus.... at least that's what they told me. They'll credit your credit card the trade in value once they are evaluated.

But then again... I haven't purchased from them with a trade in before.

I appreciate the input, but to be clear, I wasn't asking in regards to the Callaway promotion directly, just the trade-in program in general. Though, I think I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it if I decide to trade-in with Global Golf with no specific purchase in mind (and I have been wanting to add another hybrid and love my new XR Pro 18*...). I'm kind of going back and forth between a SM5 46* wedge and a new hybrid to swap out with my 4 iron on some courses.

Okey dokey. I didn't quite understand that from the post. My bad.

The XR Pro is pretty fantastic isn't it? Do you have the 18* hybrid or FW?

I don't think you can go wrong any way you go.

I appreciate the input, but to be clear, I wasn't asking in regards to the Callaway promotion directly, just the trade-in program in general. Though, I think I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it if I decide to trade-in with Global Golf with no specific purchase in mind (and I have been wanting to add another hybrid and love my new XR Pro 18*...). I'm kind of going back and forth between a SM5 46* wedge and a new hybrid to swap out with my 4 iron on some courses.

Okey dokey. I didn't quite understand that from the post. My bad.

The XR Pro is pretty fantastic isn't it? Do you have the 18* hybrid or FW?

I don't think you can go wrong any way you go.

I have the 18* hybrid with DI 95. It was a warranty replacement for a X2Hot Pro, which the face cracked on. I have the XR in the bag right now, as I am dealing with a warranty for the Adams Pro Mini (amazingly, face cracked on it as well), and it's (XRP) still pretty new to me. I like it a lot, it's great looking. Though, I'm not sure how much of an improvement it is over the X2HP performance-wise, it's certainly an improvement appearance-wise IMO.

Yeah, i've got the XR Pro 16* fairway and I absolutely love it. I've got the stock 6.5 X in it right now...but I'll be putting a Diamana Kai'li in it once I am able to find the shaft at a price I can handle. That club is ridiculously long. Fun to hit and watch others hit as well. I'm looking into hybrids right now. I was fit into the G30, but I haven't made that my final decision. This deal here may push me to grab the XR Hybrid....But I've gotta give them some swings first...Maybe today!

I have the 18* hybrid with DI 95. It was a warranty replacement for a X2Hot Pro, which the face cracked on. I have the XR in the bag right now, as I am dealing with a warranty for the Adams Pro Mini (amazingly, face cracked on it as well), and it's (XRP) still pretty new to me. I like it a lot, it's great looking. Though, I'm not sure how much of an improvement it is over the X2HP performance-wise, it's certainly an improvement appearance-wise IMO.

GlobalGolf's trade-in terms state nothing about adjusting value for trade in: https://www.globalgolf.com/trade-in/terms/

The reasons they might change value include:

• All traded-in clubs must be in playable condition and free of defects or damage including, but not limited to, dents, cracks, punctures, rattles, excessive chrome wear, excessive shaft wear, bent or split shafts, or dings in the sole or excessive scratches on the clubface.
  • Irons sets must be consecutively numbered irons with the highest lofted club ending in #9 iron, pitching wedge, gap or approach wedge, sand wedge, or lob wedge. Iron sets with missing or damaged clubs are subject to refusal or a reduction of the trade-in value.
  • If upon inspection the item(s) you trade in does not match the item(s) on your packing slip, the trade-in value will change accordingly, as will any applicable trade-in premium.
  • GlobalGolf reserves the right to refuse to accept any trade-in item or to reduce the trade-in value for clubs that have been altered or are not factory complete including, but not limited to, adjustments in loft or lie angle, shaft change, weight change, missing ferrule, refinished head, missing or damaged grip, unmatched irons, unmatched shaft flex, modifications that are not consistent with original manufacturer product specifications, or other non-factory alterations.

When did you place your trade? Seems they don't change values on the condition of the clubs (good, mint, etc.) only on the quantity, damage, and accuracy of the club selection.

So, I just wanted to update in case anyone was interested. I had pretty much planned on moving forward with contacting Global Golf and doing the trade-in if everything jived with the info I was assuming from online research, and then someone contacted me about buying my irons at the listed price at the zero hour before I proceeded. Since I was not trading in for anything in particular and simply trying to get value out of something that has sat unused for quite a while, I of course took the offer and didn't look back. So, I really have nothing of value to add to this conversation in regards to Global Golf and their trade-in program. What I have learned from this experience is that Global Golf offers the most value on a trade-in than any other outlet I could find online, and by a large margin (assuming the quoted price to be accurate). And, Global Golf is a top-notch online retailer in all aspects, and I would certainly recommend them based on my past experiences. So, while I can't comment on the trade-in experience with them beyond what I've shared up to this point, I would certainly recommend beginning any trade-in process with them.

Back