Mizuno muscle cut

gingerninja

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi

Right so I have a predicament that I would like opinions on.
Currently I play maxfli revolutions red dot and am now hitting the sweet spot with that distinct clicky sound every shot - intoxicating stuff
I have been teasing myself with some mizuno mp30's as I want a touch more feel through the ball and want to test myself further
I don't have a handicap as yet but my short game is an area for improvement - usually around 30-40 putts at a guess - lowest score for 9 holes where i normally play is 38 but have been up around 40 recently
The one lesson I have had the pro said I was a natural and very consistent ball striker the gc2 we were on I have everything with the maxfli within 6yrds of the green around 160yrds
So should I just get them and try them out or is there something I'm missing? Could they show up some flaws I am missing?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should do what you want.

Sorry i am asking will they make flaws more apparent or not? If I am consistently striking a ball well this would still apply if using a different type of head yes?

I don't know much about your current irons, but can safely say you'll lose quite a bit of distance on mis-hits with the 30's compared to a game improvement type iron. I've never though irons like the 30's were inherently hard to hit with a reasonable swing. It's more a matter of when the swing is bad, the result is worse.

Thank you

No problem. There are some options that look sleek, but still offer more forgiveness out there too. MP H5 from Mizuno, Srixon Z 545, Callaway Apex, TM RSi2, etc

I will have a check on them as I'm very fussy at address if a club looks too bulky I can't deal with it

Hi

Right so I have a predicament that I would like opinions on.
Currently I play maxfli revolutions red dot and am now hitting the sweet spot with that distinct clicky sound every shot - intoxicating stuff
I have been teasing myself with some mizuno mp30's as I want a touch more feel through the ball and want to test myself further
I don't have a handicap as yet but my short game is an area for improvement - usually around 30-40 putts at a guess - lowest score for 9 holes where i normally play is 38 but have been up around 40 recently
The one lesson I have had the pro said I was a natural and very consistent ball striker the gc2 we were on I have everything with the maxfli within 6yrds of the green around 160yrds
So should I just get them and try them out or is there something I'm missing? Could they show up some flaws I am missing?

Thanks

Some google-fu led me to this:

maxrev.jpg

Are yours similar in construction? If so I don't think it would be a great leap from those to the MP-30s for you, wrt your ability to strike the ball well.

Yep the same just mine are the red dots so the head are slightly bigger

The MP30's and the Maxfli you play are both cavity backs and they are similar to most forged cavity backs out on the market today. The blades from that era (around 2001/2002) were the MP32's that had the "muscle cut". Was all just Mizuno speak though.. They are either blade or cavity backs.

If you want a club to just "feel" ball striking go pickup a PSP Golf the little one training aid and stick with whatever set of sticks you know the yardages for already.

psp100_sizeface.jpg

Back