I have drank the Taylormade Koolaid

glenncal1

Reaction score
Handicap
20 before
I didn't even realize it until looking at the forum today. I am just getting back into golf after about a 5 year layoff do to injuries, life etc. It started out innocently enough, was in Golfsmith trying different putters and really liked the Taylormade spider. Sip 1. Started reading about the improvements made to GI irons aver the last few years, did a lot of online research, hit many different types and ended up Taylormade Speedblades. Sip 2. I had 2 Cleveland 588 Hybrids that really didn't fit in with the new irons, hit a bunch of hybrids and got the SLDR. Sip 3. My current driver has about a 260cc head, we cant have that, I figure to go all in on Taylormade and picked up a used R1 on ebay. Full Koolaid consumption. Now I hope I can get my game back (there are signs of progress). I still have Cleveland 5 Wood and Bag. :taylormade::drinks:

They make some great golf clubs glenn. Nothing wrong with that.

nothing wrong with that bag. R1 was a really good driver. Speedblades are great irons. And I quite liked the SLDR hybrid. Spider putter, not my favorite, but I know others enjoyed them. Get out and enjoy the new bag.

Play what you love, love what you play.

Loved my R1! Get out there and enjoy that setup!

I have a serious case of OCD when it comes to matching bags. I like other companies gear but If I buy some I will have to make a whole bag out of it haha

The improvements in their GI irons over the past few years is pretty impressive.

~Rock

Welcome to the club, didn't think I would ever buy another Taylormade driver. Can't deny the SLDR for me is the best driver I have ever used.
Good thing is that TM pumps out so many clubs a year, the prices plummet pretty quick on stuff to snag good deals.

I drank the koolaid too. I'm happy about it. Enjoy your TM clubs!

That's a solid bag. Enjoy it. I love my Spider putter.

They make some great golf clubs glenn. Nothing wrong with that.

They do make some good clubs. Not a brand for me, but if it works for you, go for it.

Solid bag man, Speedblades and R1 are still some of their best offerings ever IMO.

I have a serious case of OCD when it comes to matching bags. I like other companies gear but If I buy some I will have to make a whole bag out of it haha

That Bridgestone ball is tweaking me! Taylormade makes balls too!

Nothing wrong with Koolaid.
Tmag always has and always will make good golf equipment

Congrats on the new gear bud! TM makes good stuff, though none of it has made my bag lately. I have an R9 460 with a C.Kua in it that is my backup driver though, and I hit that thing great. Used to game an R11S and r7 TP irons too.

Why does it have to be drinking the koolaid haha TM has some solid offerings. Play what you like to play my dude. Congrats on your new sticks!

Never thought much about brand loyalty when it comes to golf then one day I looked at my bag and it's 90% TM. I can't see switching to their wedges or ball.

Congrats on the new sticks, TM makes some exceptional gear.

Nice bag, of course each manufacturer sells their own brand of kool aid but all of them make some very good products now a days.

Very nice. Those are some solid choices. My bag is almost all TMAG right now. Need to update my signature.

I gamed the R1 and the Speedblades last year; and they were both very solid offerings. Welcome back to the game and enjoy the new toys!

I'll admit to having developed a very severe case of OCD as I've too just completed my TM equipment recently.

SLDR 460 10.5
SLDR Hybrid 2&3
SLDR Irons 4-AW
ATV Wedge 56&60
Ghost Manta Putter

What is missing is a TM cart bag. I think I need professional help.

My bag has a bunch of TM, as you'll see in my sig. People seem to hate them due to the over-the-top marketing..but they tend to back it up with solid equipment. My bag has changed completely (save the bag itself) over the last 18 months, and some Callaway is sneaking in (more is inbound as we speak), but I'll always look to TM.

I only wish they'd bring back the copper paint.

I was never a fan of the constant flow of product. Common sense said it has to back up at some point or the consumer simply gets tired of their new driver being TM's old driver. Still they have had some great clubs, balls and had a big hand in keeping the game cool.
Play what you want. Do not worry about what I am playing. Usually it is pretty old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back