All Inclusive Vacation Help

I've done probably a dozen all inclusives. We've done Sandals a few times. For us, it's the best way to go. The level of service and pampering from the moment you step off the airplane is second to none. The food is excellent. No limit on a la carte restaurants. Everything is included including tips. You get pampered. That is why there is a premium on this service. We got the butler service last time and it was second to none. The resorts might not be as modern looking as the new mega ones however they take amazing care of the grounds and the rooms are the best kept and supplied of anywhere in the Caribbean.

IMHO, if you are looking for a nice getaway than any 5 star resort would do. If you are looking for a truly VIP experience, go Sandals. I won't do another all inclusive unless it's Sandals.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
None of the Sandals looked bad, just thought they looked like they were lacking some of the things that other resorts/suites have, and they were still more expensive. I also read that if you want the best reservations and the best beach lounges, you have to have a Butler to reserve them, which costs even more.

Thoughts?

Gosh I forgot how awesome this was. Now I want to go back, ha!
From the roof top terrace:
46a68af6db0a6c9608d1eb8b200fadca.jpg

And balcony:
c574372033529e995ed768e2d912d8fb.jpg

I'd high recommend a Disney Cruise, yes you're reading that correctly.....just don't tell the kids it's Disney. lol

My wife (and our two kids) went on a Disney Cruise back in January and we had a blast. It's AI, and if you choose the right Ports of Call, all you'll get is beaches. They have free shows every night (which are outstanding). If you're going without your kids that's totally perfect. The service is THE BEST I've ever seen. You're not required to have formal wear to eat in any of the restaurant's (except a few, but you'll know that ahead of time) if you don't want to. They have a private island with a ton of very clean beaches. They have an adults only pool on the ship, as well as a number of bars that are as well.
It's NOT as if you're running around at Disney World on a boat. I saw a LOT of couples that were there without their kids.
I'd suggest you get a room with a balcony, so you can sit out there and relax. They have free room service, so they'll bring you food or drinks whenever you want. BUT you can take your own liquor with you onto the ship! YA, take a whole bunch of shooters or some smaller bottles, they don't care! PLUS, they have a drink station on the ship with pop, tea or water...which on some other cruise lines, is not free. Just make sure to take a tumbler/bottle with you...the cups they have are way to small.

You can do all the reservations yourself. It's not a big deal. We liked the butler because they did all this for us. We did Emerald Isle in the Bahamas in January. Unlimited golf. The butler made our tee times, arranged to have our clubs transferred to the course, made our dinner reservations, etc. The butlers also grabbed us some beach or pool loungers, brought us our lunch on the course or to to the pool, got our drinks for us, brought us room service. They also brought us a cooler full of drinks for the pool or beach after golf. It truly was amazing but you don't need the butler to enjoy the higher standard of Sandals. I've been to lots of all inclusives and yes some resorts are nicer however the level of service and quality of everything involved at Sandals is truly the highest quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather was in the high 80's to mid 90's the whole time.Rained for like an hour the last day we were there. Ocean and pool water were great Probably High 70's to low 80's. We spent an entire day in the ocean one day and the every other day in the pools.

Cool, hoping for similar weather! This will be our first nice trip away from the kids and we are beyond excited, despite that it's still 6 months away

I'd high recommend a Disney Cruise, yes you're reading that correctly.....just don't tell the kids it's Disney. lol

My wife (and our two kids) went on a Disney Cruise back in January and we had a blast. It's AI, and if you choose the right Ports of Call, all you'll get is beaches. They have free shows every night (which are outstanding). If you're going without your kids that's totally perfect. The service is THE BEST I've ever seen. You're not required to have formal wear to eat in any of the restaurant's (except a few, but you'll know that ahead of time) if you don't want to. They have a private island with a ton of very clean beaches. They have an adults only pool on the ship, as well as a number of bars that are as well.
It's NOT as if you're running around at Disney World on a boat. I saw a LOT of couples that were there without their kids.
I'd suggest you get a room with a balcony, so you can sit out there and relax. They have free room service, so they'll bring you food or drinks whenever you want. BUT you can take your own liquor with you onto the ship! YA, take a whole bunch of shooters or some smaller bottles, they don't care! PLUS, they have a drink station on the ship with pop, tea or water...which on some other cruise lines, is not free. Just make sure to take a tumbler/bottle with you...the cups they have are way to small.

Funny you mention this, we actually went on a Disney cruise for our honeymoon. We did 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, and yes, their private island is gorgeous.

Gosh I forgot how awesome this was. Now I want to go back, ha!
From the roof top terrace:
46a68af6db0a6c9608d1eb8b200fadca.jpg

And balcony:
c574372033529e995ed768e2d912d8fb.jpg

Yes, would really like the rooftop but not sure about dumping the extra cash for it. Does look incredible.

I also recommend the cruise route. I've been three times now and have had a blast each time. We went Caribbean cruises twice and Royal Caribbean once.

I hope to go the Mexican Cancun route soon.

My only recommendation is to have fun and truly relax. Leave all of the home worries at home!

None of the Sandals looked bad, just thought they looked like they were lacking some of the things that other resorts/suites have, and they were still more expensive. I also read that if you want the best reservations and the best beach lounges, you have to have a Butler to reserve them, which costs even more.

Thoughts?

Yes, you can pay for certain extras, such as poolside / beach cabanas, but I could not see the need for that to be honest. We sat in almost the same spot everyday while we were there and never had any issues

The only other extras are if you want a candle-lit beach meal, a spa, to play golf and I think scuba diving. Everything else on the resort is included unless you want to spend money on bottles of wine from the managers list

I don't know how it works over there, but here in the UK there are sometimes deals available that actually make a butler room cheaper than a non-butler room so it may be worth keeping an eye out for deals

Yes, would really like the rooftop but not sure about dumping the extra cash for it. Does look incredible.

Understandable, as we could have stayed a couple extra nights in a "lesser" room at the same price. I say "lesser" because they all look incredible. We didn't spend a ton of time on the rooftop and it was more for the wow factor because I was trying to give her the honeymoon we never had. If we return, it will be in a cheaper room. The main pull for the Excellence club, for us, was the views. They all have an oceanfront/view balcony if I recall.

I checked the prices and oddly enough the total price for this October is very similar to the price we paid back in 2009. Like, scary close.

My wife and I did the "Royal Hideaway" in Playa del Carmen and it was great. At the time 6 years ago it was the only all-inclusive resort in Mexico with a AAA 5-diamond award. 13+ so no kids, very good restaurants and small. I think under 100 rooms. Depending on the season deals can be had, but it will still run $400/$500+ per night even on sale. We went in June and the ocean was about 84, afternoon thunderstorm almost daily but still gorgeous. Very hot though

I can definitely recommend Sandals Emerald Bay. It's not cheap, but what an amazing place with amazing service. My wife and I were at the restaurant one night and some kind of hospitality manager came by to ask how our stay was going and if there's anything we enjoy at home that they weren't providing. I asked him if they had Red Bull since I hadn't found any anywhere. He said they don't carry any energy drinks but that that he would have the staff bring it in for me. The next day, our fridge was stocked with four red bulls and they kept filling it until we left. The beach and water were absolutely immaculate. Apparently the water there (Exhuma out islands of the Bahamas) is among the most picturesque in the world. Played their Greg Norman course that's right on the ocean when I was there and the excursions were amazing as well. We didn't have a butler room and didn't feel as though we were missing anything.

You can't go wrong with Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I've been there twice now. Great food, great weather, nice beaches and a lot of things to do.

My wife and I did the "Royal Hideaway" in Playa del Carmen and it was great. At the time 6 years ago it was the only all-inclusive resort in Mexico with a AAA 5-diamond award. 13+ so no kids, very good restaurants and small. I think under 100 rooms.
I second that. That is one great resort... Food is amazing, staff is amazing, adults only; just an excellent choice.

Another good option in PdC: Paradisus la Perla. Pretty much the same as Royal Hideaway, just a bit more luxurious.

Back