Putting putter cover back on after each hole?

I value my clubs, after putting I wipe it down if there's any moisture on the greens then put the cover on.

I put the covers back on all my clubs as soon as I get back to the cart. It takes 2 seconds and I don't want them to get messed up. Seems like a no brainier to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter cover is always on. The only time it's off is when I'm actually putting the ball on the green.

The putter cover always goes back on after every hole. Other clubs that have covers though, once it's off during a round it stays off until the round is over.

I cover mine up. Remove it when going to green and put in my pocket. I don't want the putter to scratch and ding up the graphite shafts in my other clubs.
Also, my driver, woods , and hybrids with graphite shafts have head covers with neck socks on them. That way they go down and protect the shafts from getting hit by irons and wedges.

Some people have trouble getting headcovers on and off. Mine are quick. Maybe because I take them off and on so frequently.

Jack

I had one of the first SC Futura's and I got tired of the cover, which was hard to put on. Or I should say too much trouble to put on............or so I thought. After a few years it was all beat up and looked like HE double toothpicks. I learned from that and the cover gets put back on my Squareback every time I get done with it.

When I get to the hole the cover comes off and gets placed on top of the bag. Then back on before putting the putter back in the bag.

Always keep the putter cover on when not in use. Usually I take it off after i pull the putter and leave it stuffed in the top of the bag so when I bring the putter back I slip it back on.

If my putter is in the bag then the cover is on it.

I put it back on after each hole. Always

i seem to be in the minority here. i start my round with the driver and the putter cover off, every round. no club hits or touches the driver head in the bag and the no club hits the face of my putter in my bag. it is so much easier not to lose the head covers when they are not on and off. for me

Always goes back on after using the putter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always put the putter cover back on but drive HC stays off until end of round.

I always, always, always, always, always put the putter cover back on. Nothing makes me crazier than seeing a putter all beat up and dinged up from bag chatter.

I always put mine on as it has on insert in it, you never know any bump can dent it. If I had a putter with no insert I maybe would leave the cover off

I leave the mine off the whole round, including driver HC.

Once I'm done putting, the cover goes back on before it even touches the bag

I always put the putter cover back on

I actually have covers on every club except my putter. But as a result of that it never gets to meat any other club metal to metal plus the 14 way bag top helps also. technically my bag is 15way.

Mine goes back on before the putter goes back into my bag.

It only takes one second to have an accident happen.
It only takes about two to prevent an accident.

It may be poor time management, but I always return all head covers while not in use.

I take it off before the round, and it only goes back on after it. Same goes for my driver cover. I suffer from a severe case of laziness, and my putter sits nice and tight in the slot in my bag, and can't get scratched or dinged any other club.

Putter cover, Driver cover, 3W cover, and hybrid covers always go back on after the shot...anything else is uncivilized :beat-up:

cover comes to the green, I putt, cover goes back on enroute back to cart/bag.

Waste of time is probably the wrong way to word it. I just seem annoyed fiddling with the head cover after every hole, maybe an easier one would be better.

Back