Putting putter cover back on after each hole?

I put it back on. The mallet headcovers with the magnet take seconds.

Always cover my putter. I have a system that wastes no time. I grab my putter and walk towards my ball, while on the way I take the putter cover off and put it in my back pocket. Then after my putt while walking back to the cart I walk and cover the putter. Literally wastes no time and gives me something to do qhile walking.

All covers go back on all clubs after every shot in my bag. I like the paint to stay un-chipped on my clubs.
That way no head covers get lost either.

Putter cover always goes back on. My Piretti is my baby haha

Cover is always back on. I'm too OCD to risk a ding here or there.

Mine is black finish so I put it back on. It has a magnet clasp mallet cover so it's fast.

Without a question cover goes back on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time, all the time. If I'm carrying a wedge and my putter I especially want it so the wedge doesn't knick it up. If no wedge I'll pull the cover and leave it on my bag. Just doesn't take any time at all to put it on. And I don't want my putter knicked up.

Just wondering what everybody else does after putting the flat stick back in the bag? I always put the cover back on but I think its a waste of time.
I put it back on immediately and I think it's incredibly important.

My putter cover goes back on after every use, how else can I rep THP so nicely :D

And I don't feel that the covers take up any time to put back on, certainly easier than the iron covers I have for when my clubs are in transit

Because of some of the comments here I just picked up a magnetic putter cover.

Always put the headcover back on all of my clubs. Clubs aren't cheap so why can't I take 1 second go put the cover back on?

Always put the headcover back on all of my clubs. Clubs aren't cheap so why can't I take 1 second go put the cover back on?

Same here. Woods, hybrid, putter - if it comes with a cover, the only time it's off is when I'm using the club, then it goes right back on.

Just today, I was at my home course and a guy was looking to trade a bag full of Callaway X2 Hot clubs for new clubs. His driver, 3 wood and hybrids had no covers (he had no idea what happened to them) and they looked like they were 30 years old. Our pro looked up values and then more less told the guy he was not interested in taking them on trade. The lack of headcover use, killed the resale value. I agreed that the trade in's more than likely would never sell in such poor condition. The guy said he would sell them on eBay and be back to buy the new clubs. I wished him luck.

You can! Very smart thing to do.

With my driver, woods, hybrids, and putter, the headcover is put back on before the cart pulls off. Clubs are too expensive, and I am too anal to allow them to get all nicked and beat up.

I paid all that money to get a nice putter there is no way its getting dinged up without a cover on it. I might leave the cover off my driver or another wood once in a while as long as the others are covered, but never the putter.

All covers go back on my clubs after I make the shot. Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrids and Putter

I have a Scotty.....so...yes!!!

Putter cover goes back on after each hole.

After the...I don't know...maybe the thirteenth or fourteenth time I lost my putter cover, I just started putting it in the golf cart basket before teeing off on the first hole. It helps that I have a blade putter and putting it in the putter well on the side of my bag keeps the putter head away from the other clubs in my bag.

I had to ditch my cover completely. Much nicer not having to worry about it.
But... If I spent big bucks on a putter I would consistently protect it.

I've just got an old beaten up putter, and no headcover. I used to have one for it, but it got los about the first time I used it. Although if I had one of those gorgeous Scottys then absolutely I would cover it up!

Putter cover and any other club covers are only on my clubs when in the trunk of my car.

My putter looks like it was chewed on by a dog, doesn't effect how the putter putts at all. You pay for the technology in the putter, not how it looks :D

Since I got a putter with a cover I have always put the cover back on it after use. Before I would just put the putter back in the bag. I think the first time I used my old putter and didn't put the cover back on it, I almost left it in the cart basket. I have put it back on ever since. I generally put it on the Velcro spot for my glove when I take it off my putter, that way its hanging there when I get back to the cart and my bag and I grab it and put it on all in the same motion to put the putter back.

Back