Putting putter cover back on after each hole?

Not even a question for me. Headcover goes back on the putter before the club goes back into the bag. Clubs are too expensive and it would drive me nuts if I knew it was back there without a headcover.

Ocd about this. Hc goes on every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replace every head over after each shot. Had enough people question me on trade in values being too low due to chips and dings from not having headcovers on while bouncing around.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Absolutely. It takes 3 seconds to do and saves a ton of useless and unneeded wear. I always cringe when I see putters without covers. Even volunteer to do it for my girlfriend cuz she is too lazy to do so.

Not a waste of time at all IMO. I put every headcover on everything other than irons and wedges immediately after hitting a shot with said club. I like keeping my clubs pristine and there's a reason why my clubs look the way they do.

I always put my cover back on also, along with my woods too.

Well, I did for a long time....then lost my cover and didn't for a while, now my putter has some small nicks in the edge of the face on the bottom, so I bought another and am using it consistently.

Not to derail the thread, but how would one go about getting the small nicks and dings out of a putter? They are primarily on the face/sole edge.

Ignore my question, just did some searching in the flatstick forum and found a bunch of information.

Last edited:
Being somewhat of a new golfer, I didn't think it was a big deal. After seeing all the battle scars on my Odyssey only after a few rounds, it will be covered full time. Always have to learn the hard way i guess.

Putting putter cover back on after each hole?

Absolutely every time.

I skimmed the last two pages but here's a suggestion for those that say it takes too long.

Mostly I ride cart.

Take cover off. Leave on seat of cart while I'm putting.

Get back in cart (as a passenger I put it on while driving.

Then out at back in bag at the next tee when I m grabbing the driver. Do the same routine with driver headcover.

If I'm driving and my cart partner isn't in the cart I'll put it Way before driving to next hole.

I absolutely put the headcover back on my putter. I don't want any dings or scratches on the face of it that might cause the ball to go other then where I aim it. Same reason I clean my golf ball before putting.

I put the headcovers back on my woods after every shot and my putter is always covered when not in use. I can't stand if 1 little mark gets on my woods or putter so I take great care of them.

Head covers go on woods and putter after every use. I don't know if it's habit or caution, but just the way I've always done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back