2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Wilson fg tour off the tee? Not good.... Off the deck? Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad view on the 18th green

d61aec8cdb4c6ad47d625f1963cce58b.jpg

Absolutely, I never hit 260.... And this was into the wind, absolute monster of a driver

Makes me want to go hit this. I really liked the M2 on well struck shots. Curious how this one will compare on off-center hits

I'm just getting caught up,you guys are killing it with the coverage. Outside of GG taking a shot, it looks like it's been a successful event so far!

#8. Par 3 in to the wind, pin is 150 yards.

I was short with the heavenwood

Makes me want to go hit this. I really liked the M2 on well struck shots. Curious how this one will compare on off-center hits

Pretty well actually, my shots aren't always on center

Definitely hit the G driver into the par 3. Rolled into the left bunker.

#9 was a bit breezy.

What's everyone doing for dinner?

Just got caught up on all the amazing action, great updates, info and those contests look like a ton of fun, reminds me of that par 3 17th at Prestwick last year for that driver testing, Hawk and I tried only drivers off that tee, didn't turn out so well! I think the yardage was around 170.

For me the M1 was the biggest surprise, I hit it terrible on the range, but absolutely blasted it on the fairway, 270 and 240(into wind, and hit it high with no roll) GBB was good both on the range and the course, blasted it off hole #10 but had some downwind, sf tec was pretty good both range and course as well, but the M1 was the winner on the course today out of all 16 I hit

For me the M1 was the biggest surprise, I hit it terrible on the range, but absolutely blasted it on the fairway, 270 and 240(into wind, and hit it high with no roll) GBB was good both on the range and the course, blasted it off hole #10 but had some downwind, sf tec was pretty good both range and course as well, but the M1 was the winner on the course today out of all 16 I hit

Nice! That's why I go right to the course sometimes hahaha

52700e50cdb20f7b6ce9584436712472.jpg

Love this hole!!

5a3ac8159e91167dc7be1bbeddaa6d43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Great day everybody. Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow morning at the Conservatory course.

The 441 & lightningbolt44 team wins 6 &5 over Brianmk24 and Ced423
Smoked us this morning. I provided no help to my partner today. I need to go back to the range for another 5 hrs!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

For me today the clear winner was the XR16. Felt like I could hit it solid whenever I hit it and the results showed it.

The JGR was a monster on the range for me but only hit one good drive with it on the course. Think it would still be a good option if I had some time to work with it when I'm not hitting 15 other drivers.

GBB was solid the one good swing I put on it but not as long as the XR16 for me.

Didn't get to hit the D200 on the course today but both of the F5s felt pretty hot off the face. Unfortunately I wasn't able to square the face up on any of my swings with either of them. Miss with the tour on the second 18 was definitely more punishing.

I really liked the vapor fly on the range but wasn't able to elevate it at all on the course. Think with a fitting it could be a good option though. Even with the performance on the course I still really liked this driver. Think this is still the biggest surprise of the weekend for me so far.

M1 was definitely straight but I didn't see some of the results that others did. Definitely witnessed DWH hit a couple of good ones with it today though.

PING G was really familiar for me coming off the G30 but not the best driver I hit today (other than the par 3 contest :D). Still a solid option but I have a G30 so I don't need this one.

Cobra max goes high. I know offset doesn't change redwing results but I just couldn't get comfortable over this one. Didn't get to hit the F6. Hope to get one of those on the course tonight.

One thing I definitely confirmed today is that if it says tour, pro or low spin it generally doesn't work for me. There's always exceptions but didn't see good results with any of the advanced drivers today.

I'm slightly tired.

36 holes fighting that wind will take it out of you.

I'm just wishing I am not short by a couple feet again on two contest

It's hard to post everything on tapatalk. I'll get more thoughts down later when I get in front of a computer.

From today, though, the top performer for me was the XR16 Pro. I hit bomb after bomb with it, and there was incredibly small side movement. Point and shoot golf at its finest.

Honorable mention to the Ping G LS-Tec. All it wants to do it fly long and straight.

Such a fun day.

Back