Putting putter cover back on after each hole?

Kreeghawk02

Big Fred
Reaction score
Handicap
Many
Just wondering what everybody else does after putting the flat stick back in the bag? I always put the cover back on but I think its a waste of time.

I don't want knicks on my putter so it gets put back on after each hole. Takes 2 seconds anyway

Without fail I put it back on after every time I use it. Don't have to worry about nicks and scratches also I know where its at so less chance of losing it.

Yeah I don't want it to get beat up so I always put the cover back on.

Yes yes one thousand times yes.

Putter abuse should be punishable by public lashings IMO.

Absolutely always have the putter cover on the putter when not in use.

I've tried multiple club organization patterns to where the putter would get less beat up but theres always clanking.

I'm one of the rare ones who does not use putter covers. Complete waste of my time. The only head cover that goes back on a club before the end of a round for me is the driver head cover.

I confess to having two putters that I use (one sometimes misbehaves and needs a timeout). One is pretty and ALWAYS gets covered. The other looks like me and the scars add character.

Every time no matter what. I'm with jman on this one. Way too much spent on these to have them dinged up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gets covered everytime it goes back into the bag

6a3852f83b7824b206e4b78be465a4e2.jpg

All my covers (irons, putter, hybrids/wood/driver) come off at the beginning of the round and stay off until I am done. Then all back on. It's too easy for me to lose/forget them if I am constantly taking them on and off.

Yep, my putter looks pristine. My dad never puts a cover on and it looks like he dropped in a blender. It effects neither of or putting. We both stink equally.

Just wondering what everybody else does after putting the flat stick back in the bag? I always put the cover back on but I think its a waste of time.

I always put it back on, and since I do it as I'm walking back to my bag, it takes zero time.

Sometimes. If there is a lot of back log on the course, I won't just to keep up the pace of play. My bag has a recessed putter slot so nothing comes in contact with the putter and it remains safe. I do try to put it back on when I get the chance.

Always put it back on. Made that mistake one time and my bag came undone from the strap, didn't fall off though. Dragged down the cart path the few feet before I hit the brakes. That putter was ruined...

Before I fork over $300 for a putter I didn't ... but now I take care of the little jewel ...

Absolutely. Not just because of how much I spent on it but if something happens to it from chatter and I can see a mark while standing over a putt it'll drive me nuts

For sure the cover goes back on ea time.

Cover stays on until my ball is on the green. Cover is either wrapped around the shaft of an extra club I'm carrying or one the ground between me and my cart. Doesn't take any time at all as I put it back on on the way to the cart. Don't see it as a waste of time, and gotta protect the flat stick man!

I put the cover on after every hole, and I leave it on until I'm putting. If I'm off the green and I pull the putter from the cart, the cover stays on until I'm ready to putt.

I don't want to mess up the insert.

I always put it on. Clubs get damaged while moving around (i.e. in the cart during a round) not while sitting in a closet.

Putter cover always goes back on after every hole

I hate any type of scratches on my clubs & it's more so with my putter. It's the only club that gets royal treatment every time & is covered securely.

Back