Mitsubishi Rayon Shaft Question

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
So I have been trying to compare the Fubuki K and the Fubuki A shafts and everything I can find says they are almost identical. There is a little bit of difference in weight and torque but that's about it. Are there any major differences between the two?

If the answer is no, then why have two shafts in the same line so similar?

K is suppose to be more of a high launch/low spin combination and Alpha is more of a medium/medium.

From my experience though, the spin wasn't much different for me, but launch was almost a full 2* higher with the K.

Mitsubishi Rayon Shaft Question

K is suppose to be more of a high launch/low spin combination and Alpha is more of a medium/medium.

From my experience though, the spin wasn't much different for me, but launch was almost a full 2* higher with the K.

Interesting. Both on the website had the same launch and spin characteristics. Maybe there is just a slight variation between the two.

Found the EI chart on their japanese site

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=fubuki_k&lang=jp

ei_fubuki_k3.jpg

Ok. So that's what I thought. The alpha is just a little softer in the tip and a little firmer in the middle. Should fit me pretty well.

Hmm, that chart is odd because Mitsubishi list the K as firm tip and soft butt.

I'm a bit confused by that chart.. Is it suggesting that the shaft is super soft in the tip and ultra stiff or "hard" in the butt?

I'm a bit confused by that chart.. Is it suggesting that the shaft is super soft in the tip and ultra stiff or "hard" in the butt?

I am confused too, especially when they give this explanation on their website

The FUBUKI K-Series bend profile, with its firm tip and mid section, and softer butt section, allows golfers of all skill levels to generate the highly sought after high-launch low spin shot needed to maximize both carry and roll. The addition of the Power "Ninja" Core technology into the bend profile allows Mitsubishi Rayon to rid the shaft of the harsh feel associated with traditional tip firm profiles.

http://mitsubishirayongolf.com/press.php?date=2011-08-01+17:14:21&lang=en

Ahhh. This is so confusing. The kick point is supposed to be higher up the shaft for both, so wouldn't that make them soft in the butt and stuff in the tip?

Ahhh. This is so confusing. The kick point is supposed to be higher up the shaft for both, so wouldn't that make them soft in the butt and stuff in the tip?

Based off Mitsubishi's own website. Yes. The more I read, the less I believe that chart.

First hand experience with the Alpha series has always been extremely positive for me -- I believe since the original introduction to the shaft when it was paired with the Adams XTD hybrids and woods. I was swinging it in both the stiff and x-stiff shaft with really nice, higher flighting in the 15* wood and 20ish degree hybrid. It's got a very nice stable feel to it.

When I took the Alpha into a driver, I found quite a lot of spin in the heavier stiff shaft, and a little bit of an extra miss in the 60x when paired with a less forgiving driver head (as compared to one or two other shafts I demoed).

All this said, I really haven't had a chance to take a good look at the K. Based on that chart, ignoring the 'stiff' vs 'soft' portion and just focusing on the comparison, it looks like a slightly firmer tip on one with a slightly firmer loading area in the other -- Which one that is apparently remains to be seen hahaha --- But I definitely can't wait to take a run at your K GregDan!

Here is another bend profile from a site that does all of their own analytics

Fubuki-EiGj.png

http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/index.php/mitsubishi-fubuki-driver-and-fairway-golf-shafts/

hahaha that just makes no sense to me with the Fubuki on their website being defined as: "FUBUKI™ K-SERIES - This profile, with it's firm tip section and mid section, and soft butt section, allows golfers of all skill levels to generate the highly sought after high-launch, low spin shot shape needed to maximize both carry and roll. By incorporating Power "Ninja" Core into this design, it has allowed Mitsubishi Rayon to rid the shaft of the harsh feel associated with traditional tip firm profiles."

First hand experience with the Alpha series has always been extremely positive for me -- I believe since the original introduction to the shaft when it was paired with the Adams XTD hybrids and woods. I was swinging it in both the stiff and x-stiff shaft with really nice, higher flighting in the 15* wood and 20ish degree hybrid. It's got a very nice stable feel to it.

When I took the Alpha into a driver, I found quite a lot of spin in the heavier stiff shaft, and a little bit of an extra miss in the 60x when paired with a less forgiving driver head (as compared to one or two other shafts I demoed).

All this said, I really haven't had a chance to take a good look at the K. Based on that chart, ignoring the 'stiff' vs 'soft' portion and just focusing on the comparison, it looks like a slightly firmer tip on one with a slightly firmer loading area in the other -- Which one that is apparently remains to be seen hahaha --- But I definitely can't wait to take a run at your K GregDan!

Thanks buddy! Appreciate your thoughts.

Sadly though they didn't have the K. So both Kevin and I ended up with the Alpha. Should still be a good shaft. Only time will tell though.

Thanks buddy! Appreciate your thoughts.

Sadly though they didn't have the K. So both Kevin and I ended up with the Alpha. Should still be a good shaft. Only time will tell though.

I don't think that's sad at all dude, the Alpha is an awesome shaft. Which one did you end up with? 60? 70? S or X?

I don't think that's sad at all dude, the Alpha is an awesome shaft. Which one did you end up with? 60? 70? S or X?

60X. and I think I have the 70x in my 3Deep.

I play an Alpha 60s in my razr fit & also have a BB 63 & Ilima 60 also in s. Alpha launches just a touch lower, feels tighter but kicks more. On the monitor i was averaging around 12 degrees launch, ball speed 144-148 (range balls) & 2200-2600 rpm. Think its a great feeling shaft, smooth but kicks hard. Found the feedback on poor shots better too. Its almost like with the Ilima & BB every shot good, its harder to feel off centre hits from the heel/toe shots.

60X. and I think I have the 70x in my 3Deep.
Same for me, I have the 70x alpha in my Xhot 3 deep..... I have it tipped 1 1/2 inches. It's a beauty!

I have just swapped out a fubuki tour 70s and put in a alpha 70x in my RBz tour head! The ball flights are very different! I know that I havnt hit the k but I'll give my my experience anyway! The alpha launches a lot lower but I feel it spins about the same it has a much flatter ball flight but I would say carry is close to if not the same as the rainbow flighted tour! Alpha much better dispersion and for me easier to control! Both are great shafts in the right hands!

Smooth tempo = tour
quick tempo = alpha in my opinion

Having trouble figuring out the launch profile on some Mitsubishi Rayon Shafts. Does anyone have any experience with the Bassaard Griffin 43 and/or Eagle 43/53? From what I am reading they appear to be high launch but I cant quite find the information exactly.

Mid bend point should mean mid launch and likely a pretty smooth feel.

Back