New Zealand - a new golfing destination?

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
In light of Harry L's recent post about the Kiwi Challenge this story may be timely.

New Zealand has been voted ‘Golf Destination of the Year 2009’ for the Asia and Australasia region at the International Association of Golf Tour Operators world's top destination awards held in Marbella Spain on Thursday evening.
The top four finalists were Australia, China, New Zealand and Thailand.

I must say, I'd certainly love to play Kauri Cliffs and Cape Kidnappers in NZ. For those who are interested, I found a website with some great views of some of NZ's best courses -> http://www.greenfernz.com/

In Golf magazine this month they did a write up on New Zealand golf, impressive looking courses there. I probably won't get a chance to tee it up, but I can always dream.

Perhaps NZ is closer than you think MO_Hacker.

The ironic thing about flying time between the US and NZ is that it is actually takes less than it does to fly from the US to Australia, even though Australia is closer. Apparently the pilots fly south down the Americas before swinging up towards NZ. Something to do with the world being flatter at the ends & therefore taking less time if you go that way.

The same thing happens for planes flying from Australia to South Africa. They actually go via the South Pole. It takes less time than flying in a straight line.

Back