Practice With/Without Teeing the Ball Up

UglySwing

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I've noticed when I'm practicing at the range, if I hit driver off the deck, it really seems to magnify any mistakes in my swing.

When I hit the ball off the deck, and see my mistake(s) it seems to really help me 'clean up' my swing with my driver.

Is this something anyone else works on, or has any input on???

I've also read the opposite is true (but haven't tried it yet) where practicing with your irons using a tee can also be a great way to work on your swing.

Anyone have any input?

I never hit driver off deck on the course so I'm not going to do it on the range. I will tee up iron shots on grass ranges where there isn't much grass to hit off.

I never use a driver off the deck, so I have no reason to practice that, but I do hit all clubs both from the turf and off a tee on the range, just as I would on the course. With most of our shots being off the turf, that is what I work on the most when on the range. I rarely hit range balls off a tee, but I have, as hitting off a tee is the easiest shot in golf, so no real reason to practice that.

Don't remember the last time I hit Driver off the deck, but irons off a tee every practice especially if I'm working on drills. It's better to give yourself a clean lie when trying something new.

I think he means he uses the shots not teed up as a way to improve his regular swing. I know what you mean, a open face off the deck has very severe consequences, if you can hit it off the deck straight, you can do it teed up.

Jordan has been doing it all week, 260+ off the deck driver.

Back