TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

TaylorMade M1 Driver Preview

TaylorMade M1 Driver Preview

So evidently my AoA isn't positive enough with the driver. Went tonight to demo 460 9.5 Fuji pro 60s and worked on swinging up more and here is what I did.

5a9fa7010287ea1c211f630b550b52c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So evidently my AoA isn't positive enough with the driver. Went tonight to demo 460 9.5 Fuji pro 60s and worked on swinging up more and here is what I did.

5a9fa7010287ea1c211f630b550b52c6.jpg

That's crazy long and consistent. Loving those spin numbers. Have you stacked it up against your current driver?

Thanks. I actually never even looked at the launch or spin numbers in store last night. I'm really surprised by them. My current gamer is up for grabs between M1 10.5 430 and XR 9*. I'll have a better decision once I get both of those on the monitor.

Mine showed up last night just wish i could hit it before Saturday

Ugh that driver looks so good!! I want to try one already.

So just found this online. Did not know there are this many options available.
0ec750361235e4c40896357187fdb5cc.jpg

That Fuji pro 60 is very intriguing to me.

That Fuji pro 60 is very intriguing to me.

I may be wrong, but I think that is a shaft that may be a 'standard" stock shaft in stores? I know the Golfsmith near me had the pro 60 and the KK for sure for demo.

I may be wrong, but I think that is a shaft that may be a 'standard" stock shaft in stores? I know the Golfsmith near me had the pro 60 and the KK for sure for demo.

It is. Still intrigues me though haha. When I went to the store the only one they had with a Fuji pro was the hybrid and it was fantastic. I want to try it in the driver but I believe they are were the KK where I went.

It is. Still intrigues me though haha. When I went to the store the only one they had with a Fuji pro was the hybrid and it was fantastic. I want to try it in the driver but I believe they are were the KK where I went.

The Fuji Pro in the M1 is going to fit a large amount of people. Great job by TM with the stock shaft pairing.

2900 spin, 13.6 launch, 103 SS, 255 carry when I demoed this today. GREAT look at address, solid sound. Had set to draw and low CG and it was paired with the Fujipro regular.

I hit a couple low on the face and few off the toe during warm ups. I saw push fades and 230 carry, on average. I have no baseline to compare as far as TM goes but I'm pleased. I don't normally take cuts with jeans and button up. I look good just not golf good. I think this driver puts TM back in the game.

2900 spin, 13.6 launch, 103 SS, 255 carry when I demoed this today. GREAT look at address, solid sound. Had set to draw and low CG and it was paired with the Fujipro regular.

I hit a couple low on the face and few off the toe during warm ups. I saw push fades and 230 carry, on average. I have no baseline to compare as far as TM goes but I'm pleased. I don't normally take cuts with jeans and button up. I look good just not golf good. I think this driver puts TM back in the game.

Those are solid numbers. Were you able to play around with both weights?

I agree, this should be a winner for TM.

Those are solid numbers. Were you able to play around with both weights?

I agree, this should be a winner for TM.
I made two adjustments and stuck with the second setting I saw. If I had more time I would have tweaked it more for a quick session I was pleased

Solid numbers. I agree this brings TM back as a player in the top end of the bag

It is launch week for the M1 and TaylorMade has ZERO posts on Twitter & Instagram this week about the M1.

Doesn't change the fact that it is an awesome driver, but w....t....f.....

It is launch week for the M1 and TaylorMade has ZERO posts on Twitter & Instagram this week about the M1.

They had some posts on fb recently tho, didn't mention launch week specifically but m1 was still the topic

Considering their customer service on their web site is crowd sourced I am not surprised. They freaking outsourced their Live Chat to brand loyalists.

Somebody quick, find Alex Depallo

Ran back to golfsmith and got 10.5* .....put my kuro kage silver tini 60 regular in it........I normally carry a solid drive 210-215 (stop laughing)

Played with a good friend who carries his driver at least 20yds passed me.....Well at least 5 times today I was 5-10 passed him total with most in the air!

This has to be taylormade's best driver ever.....certainly not as long as I used to be (medical issues sapped my speed) but in the time of aging and limitations this is far and away the longest...

SLDR on the screws was long for me but lacked forgiveness

Jetspeed provided easy launch but spun like a top into the wind

R15 didn't consistently launch properly even lofted up

Aeroburner; never hit without stock option shaft but from others high launch mid spin

Believe it or not but M1 is reminiscent of the Original Razr fit.....only hit it with stock made for RIP'd NV but some great results!

In closing for now, it's truly a pleasure to hit this club.....sound/feel are spot on , confidence building flight, workable if necessary and this forgiving, repeatable high soaring trajectory that also boars through a heavy South Florida wind. YMMV

Great stuff Cace - DD's gave me a quote a full retail and ship date of 10/8, so I am going to wait until it hits retail. Still heavy heavy ponder.

Back