The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropped my Corgi off at the vet for his surgery. Poor buy has a broken tooth. He can't seems to catch a break.

3 nights ago, we had a bit of a heated argument over what he needs to do around the house. I hold grudges, as does my son. We haven't talked 2 words to each other since. It's killing me, and I am scared.
I don't want to have a combative relationship with anyone, but will hold my ground 100% for what I feel is right.
I realize that I'm not the easiest to deal with, I'm sort of a tough love, parent myself, it's the only way I know. But my sons have always knew how I stand!
My son does not get into trouble in school, he gets good grades, and is otherwise a great young man.
I have to leave for work tomorrow morning before he gets up, and may not be home by time he goes to bed.
This can't go on.
I will be the one to stop it, and try some civil talk.
This will happen Saturday morning.

Thanks, something I had to get off my chest.

Hell dude, I was on a 5 hour car drive with my dad once and we didn't talk at all. He later said to me that it upset him more then he thought it would and those few words made me feel terrible. I grew up with divorced parents so I only got to see him for HALF my life growing up, just over 10 years total since I was 21 when he passed away (almost 5 yrs ago). I can't begin to explain what I would give in life right now to be able to have 5 hours with him to shoot the sh*t. Man up and have a talk and let him know how you feel. There is nothing to hold a grudge over and nothing to get in a pissing match over, life is too short to lose 3 days with your son over a dish.

Now why I am in the rant thread.. Life is currently upside down and I have been MIA as such. There are a few things eating me up inside and I am doing everything possible to figure them out. Things will get better one way or another, but it has left me feeling guilty for not being active and promoting an event I am honored and excited to be a part of. My apologies and I will do everything I can to get back to active as soon as possible.

Anyone else bored of checking tracking for packages and seeing "inclement weather delays" on there?

It's not a good excuse UPS. Stop using it.

Here I get "delivery delayed due to a missed connection". A missed connection where? In the depot that it has been sitting in for 4 days, and it still hasn't been put on a truck?

The best this week was "Wasn't delivered because it is missing a Unit # for delivery", checked the parcel when I finally picked it up, and there on the waybill is the proper Unit #. The drivers are so lazy that they won't read what is on the shipping instructions, it is more work for them to take it back and hold for pickup (the truck comes to my office every single day for pickups, but because pickups and delivery are different trucks the delivery guy refuses to come here).

Anyone else bored of checking tracking for packages and seeing "inclement weather delays" on there?

It's not a good excuse UPS. Stop using it.
True Story; Had a couple buy some bikes last week and they were a special order, but they wanted them quickly as they had to head back to Ohio today. We did the order immediately, and they called daily checking status, etc. Kept telling the lady that there were weather delays and the shipments were just trickling down to us. She asked, "Well where the hell did they ship from?" I double checked which warehouse it came from, Yep...Ohio.

True Story; Had a couple buy some bikes last week and they were a special order, but they wanted them quickly as they had to head back to Ohio today. We did the order immediately, and they called daily checking status, etc. Kept telling the lady that there were weather delays and the shipments were just trickling down to us. She asked, "Well where the hell did they ship from?" I double checked which warehouse it came from, Yep...Ohio.

Dude Ohio sucks. Absolutely ridiculous. Nothing functions when it snows.

sounds like you better step up the drop shipping program

Dude Ohio sucks. Absolutely ridiculous. Nothing functions when it snows.

That blows dude, but you can't expect much from any state above Florida.

Had a piece of certified mail come to the house yesterday. Noone was home so I have to pick it up there. Business hours 8:30-5, same as my work hours. I track the mail. It went Milwaukee->Madison->back to milwaukee->back to madison->to my local PO

In the ER. GF is going to have to have surgery to remove her appendix
tap tap taparoo

oh man, good luck buddy

Dang, hope all goes well, c0ncept.

No that's funny!

Dang Concept, good wishes going your way.

In the ER. GF is going to have to have surgery to remove her appendix
tap tap taparoo

Good luck to your girlfriend, c0ncept.

I get to start an anti-depressant regiment this evening. Excited. Worried. Ugh.

Been down that road. Wife is currently being helped with them. It is worth it, trust me.

Best wishes c0ncept.

JeffReedMO, what are you taking? I've been on some am on prozac right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Best wishes c0ncept.

JeffReedMO, what are you taking? I've been on some am on prozac right now.

Pristiq. I've never heard of it before. I'm always nervy taking any kind of medication.

be excited buddy it helps to figure things out. One of the best things I did last year was get help
tap tap taparoo

Hmm, don't think I've been on that one. I agree though being on them helps.

I had a light switch break in my bathroom. So I hit breakers to find the right one and to get it replaced. Get it replaced and turn breakers back on. And now no power to kitchen light, stove and hood above stove. Everything else works fine plugs and all. Doesn't make any sense since they are on different circuits. I check all my breakers and nothing. Light switch works fine. Looks like I'm calling an electrician. Argh!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

be excited buddy it helps to figure things out. One of the best things I did last year was get help
tap tap taparoo

I'm excited to balance the highs and lows and start possibly sleeping a little better. I'm just a little nervy of the side effects.

Rough day for me today.

My Dads mom has put up a hell of a fight against Alzheimers for a few years. She has been in a special care facility for about a year now, and her health has always been good, just her mind and memory has been slipping. Over the past week or so, her health has declined significantly, and today I had to make the hard decision to call in Hospice to make her comfortable.

She has been a rock for my family on so many occasions, and it was a rude awakening for me this past fall when she no longer knew who I was. To see her physical health start to decline along with her mental health just absolutely breaks my heart.

She's a fighter. And I love her. But, this is hard for me.

Rough day for me today.

My Dads mom has put up a hell of a fight against Alzheimers for a few years. She has been in a special care facility for about a year now, and her health has always been good, just her mind and memory has been slipping. Over the past week or so, her health has declined significantly, and today I had to make the hard decision to call in Hospice to make her comfortable.

She has been a rock for my family on so many occasions, and it was a rude awakening for me this past fall when she no longer knew who I was. To see her physical health start to decline along with her mental health just absolutely breaks my heart.

She's a fighter. And I love her. But, this is hard for me.

I'm here for ya bro, I know what ur going through, tough spot to be in that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back