Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid

Glad to find others who are still looking at 2015 equipment. I never buy the new stuff. I ordered the black 2-3 Fly Z hybrid to replace a 5 wood that was not really loved. I am gaming the Fly-Z + driver this season and could not be happier. I love the fact that the adjustments are simple and leave the club neutral. This means I can order a club online without a custom fitting. I can "custom fit" the club to my needs to fill in the yardage gap. I also just recently added the 3-4 fairway wood and have only played one round with it in my bag. My range session was into a strong headwind so I had the loft at 13.5 and was very happy with the ball flight. I expect this hybrid to launch higher than the fairway wood with the weight in the rear of the club. That should be ok as this club would most likely be my go-to for long 2nd shots on par 5's and the occasional approach if the number is right. I have always played more hybrids and fairway woods than most guys. The longest Iron I carry is a 6. I have a Cobra rescue 26 (5 iron) and I game Ping I-20 3-4 hybrids. I was looking for the 17 degree Ping, but couldnt find a decent one on ebay. I also loved the adjustments that the Cobra allowed for, so I orderd.

Will follow up after getting to know the new weapon!:clapp:

Actually, I've broken my purchasing pattern recently, as until this year, I've never bought any club while it was still in its release cycle. However, I bought my Ping G30 driver just before the new G's were released. Then I turned around and bought my Cobra King F6 hybrids and irons a couple of weeks ago. But, I'm back to normal as I just bought a Callaway V Series Heavenwood from Cally Preowned.

That said, I'm still not absolutely sure about my F6 hybrids. When I first got them, every shot was high, with a baby draw. Then I went through 3 straight rounds in which they turned into hook machines, and I do mean screaming hooks. Then, I played again yesterday, and hit 1 tee shot with them and 3 fairway shots. All 4 were back to being high, baby draw, long beautiful shots. Now clearly, the issue cannot be with me. Of course not. It has to be the clubs. :arrogant:

The point is that I'm still intrigued by the Fly-z hybrids. I've read here and elsewhere that they do not hook very much. I'm wondering if I should give 1 a chance? Or maybe practice more with my F6's?

I used to play an X Hot hybrid while I still had a severe slice, but as I worked that away, the X Hot started to hook alot instead. Been looking for another hybrid ever since, tried the Apex hybrid this year which didnt hook, but wasnt very consistent for me, then a Big Bertha hybrid, and Adams Super Idea S, both inconsistent in both directions and lots of others on simulators in shops. Found a Fly-Z used in a store and it felt and looked good so gave it a try and wow, this one is a keeper for sure. Feels very neutral, easy to launch, goes the distance I want and can be adjusted if needed. I have no problems hitting it low or high really either and distance loss isnt huge on mishits. I really like this one, a bargain if you can find it cheap now in my opinion.

Back