Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Sadly my time with PM grind is done. Just doesn't flow with my swing anymore and can't spend the time working on it like I could a couple months ago. At least it will look good on my book case at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just love the 56 and 60 in the bag! Around greens, they provide some magic. I really need to work on shots from 30 to 80 yds though. Or just avoid that yardage all together

This club continues to be the best one in the bag for me. Gave me two kick in birdies yesterday from 71 and 35 yards out. Tons of confidence in this club.

Purchased a 58/10 PM Grind today and got it out on the course. I've tried this wedge here and there at THP events from and I'd liked what I'd seen. Really impressed with how it performed for me today. Was great on chips, sand shots and full shots. I think this is a winner.

Starting to really jones for this wedge after seeing all the love here. I like my 56 & 61 currently in the bag but they are old and I think the pm would look nice with my apex pros!

Really stoked to put the newly acquired 56* in play this weekend!

Had a chip in for birdie today with the PM Grind. Only 3 rounds in so this could be just new club shine, but I really like this wedge so far. In addition to the chip in today, I had another near chip in, a near chip in yesterday and a near chip in on Friday. I was unsure of how I'd like the wedge on full shots but so far I think I like it better than the MD2 58/14 it replaced. Has better turf interaction with the lower bounce on full shots than what I was seeing with the MD2. More consistency with distance control on 60-70 yard shots.

This thing is a lifesaver, no matter what is going on in the rest of my game, this thing always performs!

I've had my 60* since the release and have been getting along with it really well! Never played a better wedge from the bunkers or the thick stuff, and it works really well around the greens on short pitches and flop shots. I don't really use it on full shots, generally use my 54* with a half or 3/4 swing, so I can't comment on performance there. That being said, this club has firmly planted itself in my bag and doesn't look to be going anywhere soon!

Funny story with my 60* yesterday. I was about 30 yards from an elevated pin and had to carry a nasty bunker. The ball was on an uphill lie and the lie was good, so I was licking my chops, got it way up in the air and it landed spot on 3 feet from the hole, staying put. This guy we were playing with said I hit that shot like Phil would have. I said I guess that makes sense since I have his wedge. The guy then asked dead seriously, wait, I thought Phil was left-handed. :banghead:

Aside from that shot, I had a few bunker shots yesterday with these that made me smile, with one checking and spinning back to the hole. Chipping from tight lies is the only shot I'm still learning to get comfortable with, but otherwise I'm very happy with them.

This happened today
b4aed57a4f3b71a3ce4916f3accb08ce.jpg
eea6947921f4bca1218b472d7ac24d51.jpg

I'm not lying when I say since adding the 56 and 60 to my bag I've dropped 2 to 3 shots easy per round. I'm getting up and down a ton with these. Lots of chip ins and lots of kick in putts

I'm not lying when I say since adding the 56 and 60 to my bag I've dropped 2 to 3 shots easy per round. I'm getting up and down a ton with these. Lots of chip ins and lots of kick in putts

I can relate to this statement as well. My scores are becoming directly tied to my 60° and 64° lately and I like that.

Here's another sign about these clubs. They make me want to go practice with them. So much fun and it gets me better with them. I need to work on greenside chips more out to 20 yards so that'll be my focus tomorrow hopefully.

So for those running 56 & 60 in these, what are you primarily using the 56 for? Generally 54 fits my gaps better, but I'll use it for longer sand shots and shots between 60-100 sometimes but my 60 PM grind is quickly taking those spots. Just so easy to hit and get the ball to stop fairly quickly.

So for those running 56 & 60 in these, what are you primarily using the 56 for? Generally 54 fits my gaps better, but I'll use it for longer sand shots and shots between 60-100 sometimes but my 60 PM grind is quickly taking those spots. Just so easy to hit and get the ball to stop fairly quickly.
I use my 56 in fluffy grass or sand greenside. Or anything around 100 to 115 yds for half to 3/4 swings.

I am kind of wondering about my current 61 now that I got the 56 - my 61 is really old and I used it only for flops with my old 56, but I could see laying this new Pm open (the 56) and getting the same result - what say those of you with more experience?

I finally ordered a 58* to replace my Vokey. Hopefully it will arrive when I get back from Asia so I can get some practice before the Gauntlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wedge is just freaking awesome. I have nothing but confidence with it and it is quickly becoming my go to for hitting out of green side bunkers. Got up and down 2/4 times yesterday.

Favorite club in the bag right now. Back to back rounds with chip-in birdies with my 58*. Great stick

Three of the guys working in the bag storage room have asked me specifically about these wedges. The head size and the full face grooves are definitely differentiators.

So sad, just got my tracking number from Global Golf, my 58* won't get in until Tuesday, post Gauntlet.

Probably for the best as I will want some practice time with this club before I take it to the course, especially in tense conditions like the Gauntlet.

Will update once I get this bad boy in hand.

So sad, just got my tracking number from Global Golf, my 58* won't get in until Tuesday, post Gauntlet.

Probably for the best as I will want some practice time with this club before I take it to the course, especially in tense conditions like the Gauntlet.

Will update once I get this bad boy in hand.
For the Gauntlet I can see wanting a bit of time with it before hand. For everything else I wouldn't worry, it's pretty much 1. visualize the shot. 2. commit to the shot. 3. act like you make those shots all of the time.

So got the 58* in Monday, and after taking a couple days off of work to go to the Gauntlet, I didn't have time to get in any practice time with it.

Took it out yesterday for 18 at a tough course. I hit a few shots with it before teeing off, but wasn't sure this was the best idea to put it right into play with out much practice time.

1st hole, got the chance to use it when I came up a few yards short on an approach shot and ended up in a grenade bunker. I hit a beauty to 8ft and made the putt to save par. Next hole was a short par 4, I hit driver and left myself with a 55yd up hill shot off a tight lie. I clipped it well and hit it to about 15 feet with a partial swing. I am now a believer! I proceeded to hit some really good and a few poor shots, but that was more because I thought I actually was Phil and could pull off some ridiculous shots.

I want to get some more practice in with this just to get more comfortable looking down on it, but so far I am very impressed with this club.

Back