Bella Collina Golf Course Review

I'm playing for the first time on Tueaday morning? Anyone been out here lately? If so, how is it looking? My expectations are pretty high and given the proximity to El Campeon, that's kind of where the bar is set. Anyone play both and have a comparison? Not regarding the clubhouse, etc, just the course itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The course is always in great shape. I expect it will be hard and fast since we've had cool weather. It was in great shape last time I was there

I'm playing for the first time on Tueaday morning? Anyone been out here lately? If so, how is it looking? My expectations are pretty high and given the proximity to El Campeon, that's kind of where the bar is set. Anyone play both and have a comparison? Not regarding the clubhouse, etc, just the course itself.

Course is almost always in great shape. Greens will be faster than El Campeon and more undulated depending on the green. On 18, only hit it to about 175-200yds out. You will understand why if you decide not to do so.

Funny to see this thread pop up. I ran into SeeMoreGuy today and our conversation ran to Orlando courses. He gave Bella Collina high marks. Have to get on this course on one of my trips to Orlando.

Last edited:
Funny to see this thread pop up. I ran into SeeMoreGuy today and our conversation ran to Orlando courses. He have Bella Collina high marks. Have to get on this course on one of my trips to Orlando.

Usually available on golfnow. Club house is a jaw dropper and the course itself with test a lot of your game. One of my favorites in the central Florida area

How far is Bella Collina from the Universal area? 20 minutes? It's just off the turnpike right?

How far is Bella Collina from the Universal area? 20 minutes? It's just off the turnpike right?

Parts of the course are virtually less than a quarter mile from the turnpike but there isn't an exit very close by. I know how to get there from the north side but I think coming from the south the nearest exit is SR50 and it's not a direct route from there. Even though it may be 20 miles away the drive time is probably closer to 45 minutes

Parts of the course are virtually less than a quarter mile from the turnpike but there isn't an exit very close by. I know how to get there from the north side but I think coming from the south the nearest exit is SR50 and it's not a direct route from there. Even though it may be 20 miles away the drive time is probably closer to 45 minutes

Yes this is about right.

One of the prettiest club houses I have ever seen hands down. Its gorgeous as you walk through. The conditions are always pretty good too. I find the course to be a little "tricked out" for me, but still always a lot of fun.
I completely agree with the "tricked out" part. It's a great course and I do like playing it but its almost like overkill with the hazards.

What a great course and amazing facilities, first class all the way. Glad I brought my A game though. Could have been a frustrating day of golf. Every fairway is an adventure. Straight shots that hit the middle can easily roll off into the rough or worse. Greens were very fast and had a lot of break from about anywhere outside of 5ft.

Really have to use your imagination, especially if you get a little wayward near the greens. I hit to almost sideways angles on a few chip shots and even wedges just to keep it close. Between myself and the guys I played with, had a number of putts that turned 180 degrees or more, but it wasn't really unfair as most balls would settle into a playable area, not roll off the green or anything too silly.

Very highly recommended for anyone looking to get on here. They were working on a lot if stuff, pools, tennis courts, etc. that apparently have been promised to the residents and members for years, and I am told that they will be going private again within a year or so. Never know how that will go, there still aren't many houses out there and I didn't see any home construction either.

What a great course and amazing facilities, first class all the way. Glad I brought my A game though. Could have been a frustrating day of golf. Every fairway is an adventure. Straight shots that hit the middle can easily roll off into the rough or worse. Greens were very fast and had a lot of break from about anywhere outside of 5ft.

Really have to use your imagination, especially if you get a little wayward near the greens. I hit to almost sideways angles on a few chip shots and even wedges just to keep it close. Between myself and the guys I played with, had a number of putts that turned 180 degrees or more, but it wasn't really unfair as most balls would settle into a playable area, not roll off the green or anything too silly.

Very highly recommended for anyone looking to get on here. They were working on a lot if stuff, pools, tennis courts, etc. that apparently have been promised to the residents and members for years, and I am told that they will be going private again within a year or so. Never know how that will go, there still aren't many houses out there and I didn't see any home construction either.

They have been saying that for years now. Unless they start building more houses out there they have to leave it open or the members will have to pay a small fortune to keep it operating.

They have been saying that for years now. Unless they start building more houses out there they have to leave it open or the members will have to pay a small fortune to keep it operating.

Or, keep it open for public play. My favorite

It was always my least favorite of the four "Ginn Properties" in FL. Reunion is so unique, Innisbrook is incredible and their crown jewel being Hammock Beach (best of the best for me). That Clubhouse is something special and the conditions are always nice (probably because nobody ever plays it), but its just too tricked out to me.

Still never a bad round there, outside of having to get there.

Back