To drink or not to drink?

Oh. I forgot Fireball counts. Thanks NEB!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They had fireball jello shots last night during league. I had two.

Sometimes, usually I am walking and just trying to stay hydrated with water/Gatorade/etc. I will have a few brews if others I am playing with are having some, but I usually stay way from the hard stuff as 99.9% of the time I have to drive home post round and just don't need to worry about whether I am under the legal limit.

Nah I never drink.

Have no problem with people that do as long as it doesn't get ridiculous .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you swig some booze on the course when you play? If so what's your drink of choice? How does it affect your play? If not, why not?

Usually I will have a beer at the turn, but I find even a single beer will affect my focus level for a couple holes. I'm no light weight either!
Leave the sauce alone bud. Thank me later

I mostly play by myself or with one other person. I don't usually drink then. When a few of us are able to get together for a round I'll usually have some beer.

My first 5-6 holes determine if I am going to have a drink. I am well known in my scramble team to turn my game around if I am playing crappy after a beer or two to loosen me up. But if I'm playing well I stick to water or Gatorade. Lately though I have been cutting out the alcohol during the round and saving it for the clubhouse.

Most of the time I'll save the drinking until the clubhouse. If its a real slow round and I'm not playing very well, might go ahead and grab a beer from the cart girl somewhere on the back nine to get a head start.

I try not to mix drinking with golfing, maybe a beer but that is very rare. Afterwards is another story entirely.

Depends? Hahaha

Vodka and Fireball typically......things go better when I stay with vodka.

Like Cookie, I would never drink on the course.

After the round..............

Not me. I don't mix my athletics and drinking. I compete in golf, thus I don't drink. After though/ game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm bad enough sober.

There's only a special group of friends down south who I see only once every two years, when we play golf that's about the only time I drink beer during the round. I also almost never drink after the round, because I feel like I'm ingesting more toxins than what I sweated out during the round.
I do reserve serious drinking with those special buddies of mine. A couple of years ago, we started drinking at 2 pm after golf and finished at 2 am, a combination of light beer and Johnnie Walker. 12 hours of drinking.

99% of the time, I don't drink on the course. I'd rather play better than drink. UNLESS I'm playing like total crap, I won't drink until after the round...usually.

I am hesitant to post this, as I am not calling any one person out. I am guilty of it in the past.

I may have one ... but don't understand the mindset that says not during my golf game, but have no problem drinking then getting in a car and driving.

Not typically but I am not stuck on the idea. It may help my hook straighten out. ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Let's be fair, drinking and driving is absolutely critical to be aware of. In the case of this thread I was operating under the assumption that people are responsible enough to make the proper decision about driving home from the course. In no way am I advocating heavy drinking or sloshing it up and driving. That in and of itself is a different subject with no grey area in my book. My wife and I own 2 wine bars and I take understanding alcohol and it's effects very seriously, it's part of my job.

To those of you who don't drink at all, great job I am very appreciative of that decision and the effort it takes in social environments to stick to it!

Normally don't - I take my golf pretty seriously. But in a casual round when I'm not playing for score and others are, I definitely will. Rarely more than 2 or 3 in a round.

I enjoy a post round drink or two.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes beer, sometimes Fireball, sometimes vodka/lemonade.
But....not to excess.

Yes, bourbon and diet. I don't get tanked, I just enjoy a beverage or two while playing. It's not an every round occurrence but I do like to tip back a few

As much as I like to joke about Fireball making me a scratch golfer, I don't usually drink on the course. I'm not opposed to it, especially in the more casual rounds, but I'm not one that has to drink to enjoy golf.

I do occasionally, it depends on who I'm playing with and if it's a Sunday round/after work or a club tournament. If I do drink it's usually a couple beers over the course of 18, or a tito's & club soda

Back