Contest - Design A 2014 THP Challenge Coin

Surely this can be turned into something a lot more awesome with a good graphic artist, but my concept is start differences on each side. Ice veins for a great nine, and the fiery trials of a tough 9.

Thanks again THP. I really enjoy these.

ChallengeCoin1-1.png

For the geeky ones ...

With the "live cat", I envision the cat rubbing itself/leaning against the pole. Also, there is an arcing arrow and the THP symbol is the "bounce" into the hole from afar. The arcing arrow also would need to be adjusted in the "dead cat" field. Also need the umlaut above the "o" in Schrodinger. Lastly, the cats would need to be spruced up to look similar, other than their state of consciousness (or lack thereof).
1941343_701607676528803_2071496885_o.jpg

Change the "Tale of Two Nine (Lives)" to a slight modification that reads: Two Tales of Nine (Lives)

Last edited:
Introducing the latest THP Challenge Coin, the "HI/Low" coin. This is how I would propose you use the coin:

- Played between twosomes & foursomes. If played with foursomes then you would determine if it's 2 man teams or individuals
- Players determine wagering stakes prior to the start of the match
- 1st nine the coin is up for grabs. Low 9 hole score gets the coin & wins all the $$ per the set wager. High front 9 hole score pays out to the winner.
- 2nd nine the low score takes the coin from the front 9 winner. High back 9 hole score pays out to the winner.
- The low front 9 winner can also be the low back 9 winner & the high front 9 loser can also be the low back 9 loser

This is my "rough" rendering of what the coin could look like. I'm sure someone with better art skills than me can clean it up.

THP.jpg

Good luck everyone!!

Surely this can be turned into something a lot more awesome with a good graphic artist, but my concept is start differences on each side. Ice veins for a great nine, and the fiery trials of a tough 9.

ChallengeCoin1-1.png

I gotta say Canadan, I would snap that one up in a second if it were available. Great job!

I gotta say Canadan, I would snap that one up in a second if it were available. Great job!

haha, well, if I get lucky, hopefully a refined one! But thank you for the compliment!

Everyone should at least try to design one of these. It's a lot of fun.

Man there are a lot of great designs in here already... Going to be tough to narrow it down and even tougher to come up with an idea to top some of these.

Was going to originally go with a Heaven/Hell theme, but that seems to be done. Not sure if anyone has gone with a Breaking Bad theme, but here goes.

Entry #1
The "working side":
1795626_701511149871789_347782978_n.jpg

Around the outer rim of this side is the phrase: Two 9's: Some break good, some break bad. This side of the coin should be done in black nickel, with white paint for the boxes, letters and numbers.

The other side of the coin is the THP logo and motto.
Another option is for Birdie to be on one side, and replace the second "I" with the THP Logo. On the outer edge of both sides have it say "Two 9's". On the outer edge bottom of the birdie side have it say "Some Break Good", on the bogey side have it say "Some Break Bad". You can also replace the 27 with a -1, and the 45 with a +1. If needed, I can work it up later.

Just wanted to piggyback off yours, Canadan...hope you don't mind. Your idea is pretty darn awesome!

05135ef8-339f-4a87-a066-ed5564fc00b7_zpsa55cee7c.png

Last edited:

ChallengeCoin1-1.png
Yeah, thats pretty awesome right there.

Just saw Dan and Golf3rguy's coins....very awesome looking and creative!

golf3rguy did some amazing designing for me on these, thank you so much!

Here's a quick image that I threw together based on some ideas:

* The face of the coin would have the THP logo and motto like many of the other coins.
* The back, however, features two 9's inverted with respect to each other and some text...

When you hold the coin one way, the "good" nine is upright and the words "NINE UNDER PAR" are at the top of the coin. When you hold it the other way, the "bad" 9 is upright and the words "NINE OVER PAR" are featured.

As a bonus, the two nines in this positioning also create a "69" - a score that most of us would be happy with on any day!

My drawing skills stink but I tried to put together something to give a visual impression of what I have in mind. I did the base stuff in Powerpoint but I couldn't get the lettering to flow so I hand-printed it. It needs color and some cleanup but this shows the basic idea. My daughter does graphic design so I may ask her to refine it a bit and add color.

What do you guys think?

The "Good" position - notice the minus sign is at the top

THP-Nine-Under-Coin.jpg

And, purely by rotating the image 180 degrees, you get the "bad" coin:

THP-Nine-Under-Coin-inverted.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I had a blast and hope everyone else takes a run at it.

Just wanted to piggyback off yours, Canadan...hope you don't mind. Your idea is pretty darn awesome!

05135ef8-339f-4a87-a066-ed5564fc00b7_zpsa55cee7c.png

Calling it right now, anyone wanting to piggyback off fire vs ice should do it. I can't wait to see more designs. Nicely done golf3r! I absolutely love that red vs. blue contrast splash.

I need Help.Not artistic
It might be a little involved, but basically My tale of 2 nines would be a devil playing golf underground (depths of hell with fire and brimstone) while looking up to the heavens. A ladder leading up to the heaven with 10th tee sign pointing up.

Turn coin over Devil in white robe with angel wings playing golf in sunshine, having a nice drink.

might be a little involved, a little dumb, but I cant draw it out to see what it may look like

Contest - Design A 2014 THP Challenge Coin

A play on the words out and in. Could mean the first and last nine, or getting or not getting a shot to drop. The sign across the hole on the out side reads "Closed", but it could be a bar and a padlock or something similar.

gara8any.jpg

Submit-1.png

Apologies to Josh and Morgan in advance for taking the THP logo, trying to replicate it by hand, and then beating it with a hammer.

Thanks to Jersey Nate my drawing came to life. It's not much due to my artistic shortcomings.
jahupydu.jpg

Looks good dude!

It was fun creating a Challenge Coin for sure. Luckily my daughter let me borrow her Crayons.

So many awesome designs in this thread.

ChallengeCoin1-1.png

Nice design Dan!

Several more fantastic designs added. So good that I would purchase several of these without hesitation if they were made.

Gonna be fun seeing what wins.

thought of on the way to work.
yeah, at work. Shhh.
02800dc2-2f8b-4d7d-83eb-ba7453d0027c_zpsbe0f4350.png

Love all the designs so far! My brain is really not working trying to think of something for this.

Haahah, that's nice T0AD!

Back