2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

Slovenia is keeping close against Sweden. Really tight game I love seeing the smaller countries hang with the big boy's.

Question for you guys though in an event like hockey where you go head to head in a match up would you rather lose and get a silver medal or win and get a bronze medal?

I think I would win and take the bronze. I think loosing even for the silver would feel a little hollow. "You play to win the game"

Win hands down! Silver is the first loser lol

Finland is going take an awesome win! Luckily for Russia they don't have a long way home.

Does anyone else find the amount of female snowboarders getting knocked out cold on the slopestyle and boardercross disturbing? I have seen no less than four flopping lifelessly along in NBC primetime. They are hardcore athletes and that is one of the risks but I am not sure if that is an image the IOC wants but yet again the IOC hasn't been a standup organization that gives two craps about its athletes in a long time.

GB were unlucky against an inform Canadian team, we were always on the back foot and looked to be fighting back when BOOOOOM, it was all over.

Can't believe I was glued to the screen watching curling, don't tell anyone :nono:

GB were unlucky against an inform Canadian team, we were always on the back foot and looked to be fighting back when BOOOOOM, it was all over.

Can't believe I was glued to the screen watching curling, don't tell anyone :nono:

it has been said before, but there is something about curling that makes it hard to change channel

And with that horn, the Russians are out of Men's Ice Hockey. Wow.

gona be an interesting semi, finland sweden

Everyone watches curling in the Olympics!

Watched the snowboard cross. that was crazy guys were taking each other out like it was their job.

Although it's a little X gamesy, I really enjoyed watching this. I think it was the second semifinal, one of them felt it necessary to move in on another, took himself out and two guys behind him as they reached a jump. I felt a little bad for the two guys, but I was laughing my butt off seeing that guy face plant. Exciting stuff. Short track is still my favorite though...

Rooting for the hometown GA girl today Elana Myers for the Women's Bobsled!!!!

Oooohyeah. Finland had a good day today.

Rooting for the hometown GA girl today Elana Myers for the Women's Bobsled!!!!

Yes, I'm also rooting for Miami alum Lauryn Williams who might be the first woman to win the gold in the summer and winter games. She won the 4 x 100 relay in London 2012.

I really enjoy the bobsledding, luge, and skeleton. Figure skating, not so much.

Whereas the men are through to the final! Get in!!

Whereas the men are through to the final! Get in!!

Yes, brilliant performance, right down to the last stone, great win :banana:

I can't believe what Latvia is doing. Son of a...

Canada finally scored....

Crazy to think the top four seeds got through!
olympichockeybracket.jpg

the real final here is the can/us game, its gonna be epic

Can't figure Russia out with all that talent. 3rd Olympics in a row without any medal. Last medal was a bronze in 2002.

Can't figure Russia out with all that talent. 3rd Olympics in a row without any medal. Last medal was a bronze in 2002.

All super stars, no defense, no teamwork. All individuals.

All super stars, no defense, no teamwork. All individuals.

This right here. Only a handful of the skilled Russians have two way games. Some of them can be dominant if they want to be in both ends of the ice. But they would rather float around.

I think they are some of the most skilled players in the world but I think they know that as well and rely on skill instead of hard work which bites them .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back