Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it, you're probably on the money.

Im in the same boat too, seriously going to get some short game instruction this year

"Thriver" type setup in the MC.

Oh yes. Its a ponder now.

Here's a question. I was talking to someone at PGA SS and he said that he uses his old BB driver as a 3W now and plays the new BB as his driver. Has anyone tried this? (Not necessarily a BB, just an older 3W)

Here's a question. I was talking to someone at PGA SS and he said that he uses his old BB driver as a 3W now and plays the new BB as his driver. Has anyone tried this? (Not necessarily a BB, just an older 3W)

Thats interesting Ricky because they would almost look like one of the Callaway Deep clubs when lofted up. Put a good shaft in it and I'm sure it'll be a missile launcher. Hmmm, interesting there.

Adding sets of Adams CB3 irons to my eBay watch list. The girlfriend is gonna be so pissed...haha.

I did not, I was outside. I am going to take your advice and bring in the R1 today to have a look at the numbers. So later today I might have some questions about what all these numbers mean?

Sounds like a good plan. Post those numbers!

This may be a dumb, fooled by the LM ponder, but I'm considering a 712U driving iron. It was more forgiving than I expected, I loved the ball flight and it was a great feeling club. I don't what it is about heavier clubs, but I find it easier to correctly release heavier clubs and keep them on plane.

I'd have to hit this many more times to even consider this as an option for me.

And this ponder is some what tempered, pending I can go some where and try different shafts. Spent half and hour with this today and not great results. Just a lot of slices, but the DGS300 in stiff is a lot of shaft for me, so I wasn't surprised. Another big difference was I was swinging out of my shoes today while yesterday, I was swinging nice and easy. I maintain this club is much more forgiving than I thought and many others might perceive, but got ahead of myself with this one. I was practically calling Titleist yesterday and ordering the 2 and 3...it's just such a great looking club, I probably wanted it to work out a little too much.

I think I'll spend more time with my MP H4 3 iron and/or see if a heavier more stable hybrid is a better fit for me.

Think it's time for me to cut the R1 down to 44". Could be a solid move to gain some consistency with minimal distance loss....in addition to the lesson I have in the works.

Cookie lesson! YUSSSS!!!

Think it's time for me to cut the R1 down to 44". Could be a solid move to gain some consistency with minimal distance loss....in addition to the lesson I have in the works.

Most people should be at 44" many people hit it farther when it is shorter as well. Good ponder .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I played with my cousins husband a few months back, and he plays an old Cally Steelhead with a steel 3W shaft in at 10.5* as his 3W.

And he freaking bombs it.

I played with my cousins husband a few months back, and he plays an old Cally Steelhead with a steel 3W shaft in at 10.5* as his 3W.

And he freaking bombs it.

I have a 3w and 5w steelhead with steel shafts. Absolutley love them.

I'm in ponder mode over hybrids. Amp Cell, X-hot, Covert, Super S, Baffler, Mashie Cleveland Classic? So many options.

I have hit one hybrid in my life on that was on a simulator. But I feel adding one or two to my bag should help me this summer.

Last edited:
I'm in ponder mode over hybrids. Amp Cell, X-hot, Covert, Super S, Baffler, Mashie Cleveland Classic? So many options.

I have hit one hybrid in my life on that was on a simulator. But I feel adding one or two to my bag should help me this summer.

Love me some baffler action, solid performer and very very affordable.

I've thought about cutting down my driver shaft as well. I would at least go down to 45" was even thinking of 44.75" or 44.5" just for something different.

Pondering a Ping G25 driver at the moment...

I just had my drive cut down to 44.5 after not even recognizing the length was an issue. That was one positive thing about going through a Club Champion fitting.

Love me some baffler action, solid performer and very very affordable.

Are you playing the Bafflers or a combination of the Xl's and T-Rail's?

I just had my drive cut down to 44.5 after not even recognizing the length was an issue. That was one positive thing about going through a Club Champion fitting.

Same thing here I am pretty tall 6 '4 and have always played everything long. One of the first things they did was put me in shorter irons and woods .5 inch below standard in the irons and .25-.5 in the driver. Short and heavy d6 in the woods and d8 in the irons

Same thing here I am pretty tall 6 '4 and have always played everything long. One of the first things they did was put me in shorter irons and woods .5 inch below standard in the irons and .25-.5 in the driver. Short and heavy d6 in the woods and d8 in the irons

That seems crazy to me. I am 6'1"ish and play my irons .5" over. That's what I was fit for as standard made me too hunched.

Why did they put you at such a short shaft? Hands really low at address?

Are you playing the Bafflers or a combination of the Xl's and T-Rail's?

I have both currently, both are fantastic. T-Rails a good bit cheaper now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back