Club fitting and immediate results.

Castpro

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted up a couple of weeks ago about the club fitting experience Kim and I had at the Golf Performance Center at Sea Island on June 10th.

I wanted to post a follow-up after two rounds with the new fitted clubs.

Wow.

I played on Friday with my brother and shot a solid 84 the first round with the new sticks. My personal best score had been an 81 (twice) so I thought the 84 was pretty good. This afternoon my wife and I played 18. It was one of those days when everything was working. Only missed two fairways (only one with the new R15 driver) hit 9 GIR and had several approach shots land with a couple feet of the green. The new XR irons are just awesome pin seekers... :) . Putter was working well too.

Went 40/38 for a personal best 78.... :twist:

For anyone considering a club fitting, all I can say is find a quality fitter and DO IT!!! It seems to have made a big difference for me.

Tommy

I got fit last year (JPX-850s + new driver/3W/hybrids & wedges from a top 100 USA fitter) and couldn't agree more. In my case, partly the fitting and partly the more updated tech.

I had been playing some King Cobras from the mid-90s and I could immediately tell the difference. I relegated the KC's to a second bag I keep in Little Rock and I even had the shafts changed in them. Tried as much as I could to make them viable for the second bag but I just threw in the towel and bought identical Mizuno JPX-850's for the second bag.

I also tuned my driver (JPX-EZ and a Nike Dymo Str8fit) cutting them to 44" and having the swingweight adjusted to D2 and that has worked out very well.

Enjoy the honeymoon.

Great to hear! Fittings are a must and you can't go wrong with XR irons!

Back