Titleist 915 Driver & Metal Woods Preview

Heading to the range.

68e1cfb811700763d5a203c15329c8f1.jpg

Just some testing? Or is this a 3 way cage match? They all have a great look that's for sure.

Interested to hear your initial heights on the 915

Historically I have struggled with Titleist drivers....but I always have to keep trying them out. The side spin I generate with them over the years is crazy. It's a swing flaw I know, but they've always caught my eye.

Was impressed with the 910 even though I did not purchase. The 913 was not as likable to me in the feel department as the 910. Looks as if the 915 will be the one ... need to look at the weight and lite shaft selection. I seem to do better with lighter driver/shafts. Still dialing in the Cally V Series.

Heading to the range.

68e1cfb811700763d5a203c15329c8f1.jpg

JB Heading to the range with Pre-release equipment...only good things can come of this. Which shaft is in the 915 JB?

JB Heading to the range with Pre-release equipment...only good things can come of this. Which shaft is in the 915 JB?
Rogue.

Historically I have struggled with Titleist drivers....but I always have to keep trying them out. The side spin I generate with them over the years is crazy. It's a swing flaw I know, but they've always caught my eye.
I have liked the drives up until a few releases back. This new head shape might get me interested again.

The Rogue. I'm very interested in that beast.

This should be interesting.

I have a lot of data here and when Hawk starts his preview thread on the driver I will get this sorted out.

Heck yes! I'm excited for thoughts, I know this one is on a LOOOOOOOOT of radars this year.

Excited to hear the reviews on this. I've been a fan of Titleist drivers in the past. This driver and the Bridgestone are tops on my list to try out for next season.

I have a lot of data here and when Hawk starts his preview thread on the driver I will get this sorted out.

I am super excited to hear this feedback. The Z545 and the 915 have me all kinds of interested.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Really want to hear some feedback. As a recap, still hitting 907D1. Have been above average lately but desire t score more. Would guess this might get me 1/2-1 club closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to hear some feedback. As a recap, still hitting 907D1. Have been above average lately but desire t score more. Would guess this might get me 1/2-1 club closer.

These all should be in the hands of the writers this week, I believe I'll have the fairway on Thursday.

Should have driver pics and maybe some thoughts up tomorrow evening.

These all should be in the hands of the writers this week, I believe I'll have the fairway on Thursday.

I NEED to hear about the fairway broski. NEED doesn't describe it.

Hey everyone. I had a chance to demo the 915 D2 and 915 F. The aldila rogue shaft is really smooth and something I expected being a fan of Aldila shafts.

The driver; it was a really fun session hitting the driver. My miss on the driver is high near the hosel lately and surprisingly it handled it pretty well. About even with my G30. As I got closer to the center that is where there was a clear difference and really nice satisfaction.

As for the 3 wood. WOW! The first hit was an explosion and I'm not just saying that or exaggerating. She was long and it was like I swung the club, and had I not heard the explosion I would not have known there was a ball there. I hit 10 balls back to back with it and other than one fat shot, it was the same feeling. Maybe I found a sweet groove but I hit my target within 15 yards 8/10 (the one fat shot and i hooked one because I came over the top trying to push it to much lol).

My pro shop should be getting the hybrid soon, but I'm really excited about the 3 wood and hybrid right now. That ARC slot can definitely be felt off the deck. I still need to put it side by side with my current driver to see if I'm going to pull the trigger on that but right now, the 3 wood is a MUST for me.

I took like 5 swings with the D2 at the range this morning. The driver was nice, but not a game changer. I was hitting the ball straight and carrying it to my normal 230-235 range. That is exactly in the range of what I get with my R1 cut .75" short. However, it was cold this morning so maybe the numbers are artificially low, maybe in normal weather this is longer than the R1 (which it arguably should be w/ the shaft at full length). I have previously not been a fan of the Diamana shafts, they just don't get along with me. This was probably my first positive experience with one, so that was nice. Sound was good. I'm still not in love with the alignment aid but it wasn't as bad to me as my reaction when I saw the picture. The ball had a crisp firm feeling off the face. It was nice. If I struggled with driver this would certainly be a candidate but since it was giving me about what I currently see out of my gamer I didn't get the bug to buy one. That happened with the next driver I tried, the G30 SF TEC (comments to be posted to that thread).

I played with my golf pro today in a Pro-Am (Pro Pro Am Am), and there were several Titleist staffers there today gaming theses beauties

Visually they are just beautiful looking clubs

I didn't get a chance to hit them at the range but I did notice the sound was different than my 913, but I wouldn't consider it distracting or noticeable across the range like the tin can sound of the old Sasquatch or HiBore - but it was higher pitched than my 913

After our tournament I went to home golf course and they 915 demos were in - only shaft options were blue boards (shipping mishap) but I took a 9.5 head out for a few swings

Initial thoughts: a solid feeling driver I've grown to expect from Titleist; great ball flight and carry, but similar to what I am seeing out of my current setup

I'll need to do some launch monitor testing when the other shafts get in so I can get fit for proper shaft to do a true comparison - but for now I'm intrigued but not blown away

Back