Newburgh, NY Area Courses

stevegp

Intermediate
Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for recommendations of some affordable courses (probably $50 or less) in the Newburgh, New York area, or easily accessible from I-84. Three of us--one from CT, one from PA, and I, from NJ--want to meet somewhere in the middle--Newburgh or somewhat nearby--to play golf. It will probably be on a Friday, if that matters. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Not too many right in Newburgh proper, most are on the east side of the Hudson in the Fishkill area , I would suggest Casperkill on rt 9 or West Point GC just south of 84, which are little more money by very nice, Town of Wallkill which is in Middletown, The Lynx at Rivers Bend in Port Jervis. Lynx and Wallkill best prices. Lynx is 36$ on weekdays I think Wallkill is 50$. I play the Lynx alot it is close to home and cheep. Course is a AW tillinghast original also right at the pa, ny, nj border. Highpoint GC in also on the NJ, PA, NY border it is like 40$ during the week. There are some other courses south of middletown, Hope this helps , I will answer any questions u have

Thanks. I appreciate the information and your offer to answer potential questions.

dont know if you have made a decision yet but out of those listed I would recommend town of wallkill golf club. I just played west point the other day, its nice but they are redoing the clubhouse i think so there is no driving range or putting green. casperkill is in decent shape too but wallkill gets my vote.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I appreciate your feedback. We are going to play one of the recommended courses next Friday. So far, we haven't decided which one.

Since we are looking for something equidistant from our respective homes in Connecticut, PA, and NJ, this general area is a good choice. Going forward, we will probably play golf in the region 3-5 times this summer and fall. We probably will try several of the courses that were suggested.

Thanks again.

also check out garrison golf club..... very nice course

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have played the West Point course a few times, it's worth the trip down. Cool little course and gorgeous place to visit.

Back