2014 New Balance Golf - Booth

As info, the permanent spike versions are in the Atlanta New Balance stores (check your area stores for mix and sizes in stock).

Picked up a black pair Saturday, wore them yesterday - first impressions:

-Break-in time was one walk of the dog / 15 minutes with smell and pee stops (the dog, not me);
-Lighter than the FJ Contour Casuals w/ more support in the arch and the sides;
-Sizing (for me) is dead-on. A 12 medium in dress shoes is a 12 medium in these, YMMV;
-Aggressive spike pattern takes the "I slipped" excuse out of my bag. They will require using the air gun after the round as the cleats do trap a fair amount of clippings.

I've never had good luck ordering shoes online. It was refreshing to go into the New Balance store and have an associate spend time in making sure the shoes were sized correctly & my questions were answered. Heck, he even went to his car & grabbed his seven iron so that I could take practice swings while wearing the shoes. Top notch.

Hope this helps all that are considering these.

Which pair, specifically, did you go with?

If these are as comfortable as my new balance tennis shoes I'm in

I've now had the opportunity to play four rounds in these (Minimus LX), two of which were walking, carrying the bag: They are wearing extremely well; the support is not breaking down; clean up just fine; no issues with water resistance (although I'm not looking for puddles to jump into); and most importantly for me, no back, knee, or shin issues.....I'm pretty well sold and will pick up another pair in a complimentary color soon.

I am giving the shoes a few days of rest between rounds - just like one should do with a fine dress shoe.

Back