Ran into some issues reshafting

Roberts puller on the Bay dude. Best investment I have made. Shoot me a text if you need any help, I can't play golf but I can re-shaft.

Callaway tends to put a small plug in the tip of the shaft against the weight to prevent any little vibration from the tip weight to the shaft at impact. You should be able to pull them out with pliers later. I second a torch to get the weights out in the shaft, much easier to deal with as opposed to down the hosel. If I get a weight stuck in the hosel, I will take a torch and aim it straight down the hosel and then tap it against a piece of wood to get it to come out.

Do these vibration dampeners in the Callaway need removed? Seem in there pretty solid

Beats me they were all shapes and sizes lol.

Torch it is!!!
How long does it take before I can pop the head off?

Listen for the bubble-pop when the epoxy liquifies. Heat all around the shaft maybe 10-15 seconds. Then it's ready to pull.

Do these vibration dampeners in the Callaway need removed? Seem in there pretty solid

Let me also clarify a bit. I never torch a wood. I don't ever even try to work on a glued in hosel wood. I presume you must use heat gun for these. They scare me.

I never bought a Roberts or any other kind of puller cause the with the torch I never needed one. I tried the micro-torch. One side would cool down while the other side was heating up. I didn't like waiting 2 minutes when 20 seconds with the big boy worked.

Swingweights - super easy to buy and install if you know what you want. However, of all the irons I've reshafted, only about one on 30 have had swingweights in the hosel to begin with. So most times there was nothing to replace. Should I have measured and matched them after reshafting? Probably, but I don't deal with forged player blades to that degree of precision.

Just finished up...god bless the Taylormade cb irons with no swing weights lol.

Much quicker today and felt more like I knew what I was doing.

Confidence restored

Confidence restored

It may have been mentioned in this thread already but do you have a swingweight scale ?

Glad to hear you finished up but sad cause I was hoping to help before our trip

It may have been mentioned in this thread already but do you have a swingweight scale ?

Nope..won't be doing the reshafting on my own this time...will get the tools needed so I can better next time.

Glad to hear you finished up but sad cause I was hoping to help before our trip

Well maybe I'll have envoy work to do

Confidence restored

Great. I'll send you a few sets in the coming weeks to get mine done.

K. Thanks.

So when can I drop mine off Mike?

Yeah just hit those spots where I wasn't prepared to deal with the weights and had no clue how to proceed. Luckily hawk and golfinff helped me out so I at least got 1 done.

Not sure if I'm going to keep trying the apex or not
I must have reshafted my Apex irons about 3 times and never had too many issues. The first time I ran into some problems with the weights from the XP95s getting stuck in the head. But after other than that, it was pretty much a cake walk. Patience is key.

I must have reshafted my Apex irons about 3 times and never had too many issues. The first time I ran into some problems with the weights from the XP95s getting stuck in the head. But after other than that, it was pretty much a cake walk. Patience is key.

What did you do to get the weights out of he heads? Just heat and pliers?

What did you do to get the weights out of he heads? Just heat and pliers?
I used heat and a drill bit just larger than the hole in the weight. I had no plans of re-using the weights since the shafts I was putting in had different weight characteristics, so saving the weights wasn't something I was concerned about.

Back