Regional Rivalry Colors

Its too sad for me to joke about (even though I kind of did), but that is pretty funny.

Truly is sad, but luckily none of us are affected. Sadly, there's many thousands that have been for a couple years.

Polluted lead vs sky grey Hahahaha.... Battle of the emo states.

That made me LOL.

Did a little research and found out that the State flower for Ohio is the Scarlett Carnation.

I really don't hate the idea of Scarlett with that fact. Would be cool to know that OSU's reasoning around colours surrounded that fact.

I would go with Navy blue camo for DMV due to the Navy presence.
The Navy has the Academy and is repped by some great THP'ers here in MD. But I believe the Army has far and away the biggest active and retired population count of any of the branches from what I read about five years ago.

But I do like the Blue Navy fatigues the best.

The Navy has the Academy and is repped by some great THP'ers here in MD. But I believe the Army has far and away the biggest active and retired population count of any of the branches from what I read about five years ago.

But I do like the Blue Navy fatigues the best.

the other reasons I suggested Navy related was largest naval base in the World, Navy Shipbuilding, and NAVSEA. There was no disrespect intended for any of the other branches of the military.

the other reasons I suggested Navy related was largest naval base in the World, Navy Shipbuilding, and NAVSEA. There was no disrespect intended for any of the other branches of the military.

dont think disrespect was felt and at least two of us in here are ex navy.

Let get back to the topic. "All the rivalries".

Should it just be merely an interesting factoid, or a point of concern, that several of the regions suggested colors leaned heavily on college colors?

No flashbacks of the college football thread, right? :wink:

Should it just be merely an interesting factoid, or a point of concern, that several of the regions suggested colors leaned heavily on college colors?

No flashbacks of the college football thread, right? :wink:

It is just what most think of when they think of an area. To think of how many friends I have here that refuse to wear Carolina Blue though it is funny how it is always tied to the region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is just what most think of when they think of an area. To think of how many friends I have here that refuse to wear Carolina Blue though it is funny how it is always tied to the region
I was going to suggest Crimson/Cream for Carolina but figured it wouldn't get much traction. :tongue:

Interestingly, both North and South Carolina have official colors. For NC it's red and blue, for SC it's indigo blue.

As a side note which probably only interests me, perplexed as to why Oklahoma's official colors are green and white*.

*Mistletoe.

Im a fan of Carolina blue and used to rock it all the time. Actually might need some more in my closet

I'm kinda down with v.man's idea

Ohio (red) vs Michigan (blue)
NY/NJ (blue) vs New England (red)
DMV (DC, MD, VA) (red) vs Carolinas (blue)

Ohio-Red/Michigan- Yellow

NY/NJ- Blue/New England- Celtics Green

DC/MD/VA- Orange/Carolinas- Duke Blue( not that ugly Carolina blue)

I would probably go red for DMV but picked orange for a different color than Ohio

For the DMV, I totally get the Red, Black, Yellow , Blue/gold and Orange choices.

But it many of you said Green, was there a thought behind that or just best avaiable color after picking the others. Just curious, as I can't tie Green to anything.

It's hoops season so I'll go for the assist:

w_m.gif

Green and Gold FTW!

Ohio(red) vs Michigan (blue)
NY/NJ(blue) vs New England(green)
DMV (DC, MD, VA)(maroon) vs Carolinas(carolina blue)

Ohio- red
Michigan- Yellow

NY/NJ- Navy blue
NE- Green

DC/MD/VA- Maroon
Carolina's- Carolina blue

Okay folks, THP wants your input.
There are 3 THP Regional Rivalry matchups on the books for 2016 and we want you to tell us what team colors should be used.

Ohio vs Michigan
NY/NJ vs New England
DMV (DC, MD, VA) vs Carolinas

Take each side in each matchup and tell us the color you think they should represent.

Ohio/Red vs. Michigan/Dark Blue
NY/NJ/Pinstripe vs New England/green
DMV (DC, MD, VA)Orange vs Carolinas/Light Blue

Ohio-Red / Michigan-Navy Blue
NYNJ-Blue with Grey / NE-Green
DMV-Silver & Red / Carolinas-Lt Blue

It's hoops season so I'll go for the assist:

w_m.gif

Green and Gold FTW!

Well if we're gonna do that it should be blue and silver:

odu_logo.gif

Well if we're gonna do that it should be blue and silver:

odu_logo.gif
Boo!! NO CAA defectors allowed.

I'm OK with Towson, Black and Gold although I'm sure some Raven hopeful players would have a hard time with that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Boo!! NO CAA defectors allowed.

I'm OK with Towson, Black and Gold although I'm sure some Raven hopeful players would have a hard time with that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I am NOT wearing black and gold... ever.

Regional Rivalry Colors

I am NOT wearing black and gold... ever.

What do you have against Towson? Or Iowa for that matter?

Back