The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

dbb9c45061abd6749044aecc2b7ff36d.jpg

Happy for a former Husker. Hope Coach Ty works out in Cleveland.

Lue isn't just an interim replacement, he's getting a 3 year deal to be the head coach

Lol at 3 years

I want to make a Cleveland joke but ... this move is so nonsensical it's not even funny.

Is it that wild? Conversations regarding his coaching status have been had for numerous seasons, so it's not just a knee jerk of some underwhelming performances.

Frankly, watching them play and focus too much on individual efforts makes me wonder if they just aren't sold by his design (and if that's a Lebron thing whatever, it's still not a coach who can dictate the play for an entire ball game). I think the move is interesting, but I don't think it's nonsensical.

Is it that wild? Conversations regarding his coaching status have been had for numerous seasons, so it's not just a knee jerk of some underwhelming performances.

Frankly, watching them play and focus too much on individual efforts makes me wonder if they just aren't sold by his design (and if that's a Lebron thing whatever, it's still not a coach who can dictate the play for an entire ball game). I think the move is interesting, but I don't think it's nonsensical.

Thats a lebron in cleveland thing...same thing happened his first go around.
I do think its asinine to sign a assistant coach with no experience to a 3 year deal.
But then again its only money

I agree with this.
Its interesting, and I am sure it will be a "Lebron wanted him out" or "Lebron wanted his guy" thing that gets talked about, but sometimes change is a good thing.

The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

IMO should have fired him after finals. Only thing that saved him was so many players being hurt. Word is Tyron basically has been coaching the team, all the players go to him for anything already. Now he's just under the bright lights and microscope of being a head coach.

Thats a lebron in cleveland thing...same thing happened his first go around.
I do think its asinine to sign a assistant coach with no experience to a 3 year deal.
But then again its only money

I really don't know anything about who's available or whether the assistant is a viable option, I'm just not all that upset about Blatt being out.

They need to find someone that allows their big three to be relevant at the same time. I know it's a tough concept, but it needs to happen. If it's on Lebron, well, whatever. I jsut want to go back to watching ridiculously good team ball and I don't want to have to watch Golden State to get that.

That's the thing, I don't think there is a proven coach out there that would know how to properly handle a team as talented as Cleveland and a player as polarizing as LeBron. I don't think Thibs would be a good fit in Cleveland, but maybe they'll get lucky with Lue.

Honestly, a coach like Erik Spoelstra would be perfect for Cleveland right now.

I would like to try putting Kevin Love as the 6th man.

Starting 5 of Mozgov, TT, LeBron, Shumpert and Kyrie.

Deli, JR, Jefferson, Love and Varejao off the bench I think would eat up other teams benches.

Love could go nuts taking lots of shots and dominating possesions like when he was with the T-Wolves, which he can't do starting, then if they double him inside he would have JR and Jefferson to kick out to, or he could come out himself. Wouldn't be very strong on D though. Just an experiment/idea.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I would like to try putting Kevin Love as the 6th man.

Starting 5 of Mozgov, TT, LeBron, Shumpert and Kyrie.

Deli, JR, Jefferson, Love and Varejao off the bench I think would eat up other teams benches.

Love could go nuts taking lots of shots and dominating possesions like when he was with the T-Wolves, which he can't do starting, then if they double him inside he would have JR and Jefferson to kick out to, or he could come out himself. Wouldn't be very strong on D though. Just an experiment/idea.

Mozgov can't play against golden state. He gets abused. If you want to set a new lineup that can beat golden state in a series you have to go small.

Kyrie
JR
Shumpert
LeBron
Love

Bench would be
Deli
Mo
Jefferson
TT
Andy

That's the thing, I don't think there is a proven coach out there that would know how to properly handle a team as talented as Cleveland and a player as polarizing as LeBron. I don't think Thibs would be a good fit in Cleveland, but maybe they'll get lucky with Lue.

Honestly, a coach like Erik Spoelstra would be perfect for Cleveland right now.

Spolestra only survived having LeBron on his team because of two people. Pat Riley and DWade. Face it, LeBron is anything but a leader on the court. He lets his ego get in the way wayyyyy too often. DWade was the leader of that Miami Heat team and Pat made sure everyone behaved and bought into what the coach was saying

Mozgov can't play against golden state. He gets abused. If you want to set a new lineup that can beat golden state in a series you have to go small.

Kyrie
JR
Shumpert
LeBron
Love

Bench would be
Deli
Mo
Jefferson
TT
Andy
Pretty hard to beat GSW at small ball though. The Cavs can't out shoot them and can't play better D than their small ball lineup. I would take my chances abusing them on the inside with size, putting LeBron on Steph, and hoping he misses more than 50% of the time while you make layups with size and hope your percentages are better that night. Pretty much all you can do when Steph is shooting the way he is (revolutionary) and Draymond is dropping triple doubles.

Pretty hard to beat GSW at small ball though. The Cavs can't out shoot them and can't play better D than their small ball lineup. I would take my chances abusing them on the inside with size, putting LeBron on Steph, and hoping he misses more than 50% of the time while you make layups with size and hope your percentages are better that night. Pretty much all you can do when Steph is shooting the way he is (revolutionary) and Draymond is dropping triple doubles.

I hope Kyrie gets a chance to play against Steph when 100% and not on a minutes restriction. Before his injury last year in the finals Kyrie was playing great against him

While I am not a Love fan, he is a solid basketball player and helps the Cavs. He does completely hurt them on both ends against the Warriors though, I agree. Slow on offense, and a liability on defense.

The flipside however is this, they cannot match small ball, so the answer might be go big and slow down.

I agree with all of you and I think teams will figure it out soon enough - you can't beat the Warriars at their own game. Slow it down, pound it inside, etc. it may not work either but it's probably the better approach.

While I am not a Love fan, he is a solid basketball player and helps the Cavs. He does completely hurt them on both ends against the Warriors though, I agree. Slow on offense, and a liability on defense.

The flipside however is this, they cannot match small ball, so the answer might be go big and slow down.

If the Cavs had the discipline to slow it down and still play team offense I would agree. But every time they try to slow it down it becomes nothing but I so basketball and they can't beat golden state that way.

Thanks for sharing because I've been trying to find a good explanation. I can't imagine this is going to work out well for them, though.

From the sounds of it it can't get worse. They're literally winning on talent alone. Imagine if Lue gets them playing like a team...

From the sounds of it it can't get worse. They're literally winning on talent alone. Imagine if Lue gets them playing like a team...

Do you think that thrashing from Golden State was the tipping point?

Back