Do you tee it up on par 3s?

The same principal applies on a teed up ball. The tee gives you that cushion to sweep or hit down on the ball. It's all in your head and once it's there it's reality. I would just tee the ball up when at the range and work on your motion through the ball. Then when at the course it will be old hat.

Fwiw I used to make the mound as well and did the week before last. I left my shot short and right. Tee the ball up when ever the rules allow it.

Well took your advice. Started teeing up on par 3's. Way more consistent strikes. Played par 3's at my hole course 1 under yesterday. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well took your advice. Started teeing up on par 3's. Way more consistent strikes. Played par 3's at my hole course 1 under yesterday. Thanks for the tip

Sweet!! Well done!

Depending on the condition of the tee boxes for me it's generally 6 or 7 iron down, no tee.

Yes. Give me a perfect lie every time with a tee.

Yes. Give me a perfect lie every time with a tee.
That's me too. It may only be a 1/16 of an inch off the ground, but it's up on the tee.

Something I learned this weekend and played around with was how high to tee it up, if I tee it a bit higher I can take a few yards off the club because impact is higher on the face of the club. It worked darn well.

To echo others, I tee it up 100% of the time. My reason being I'm less likely to hit the ball fat. I'm generally a sweeper so if I can sweep a 1/4 inch above the ground rather than trying to make a perfect sweep at ground level, I'm much better off.

Yes, and I actually tee it up about 1/2", not just the perfect lie most do, I want all air if possible, no need for divots.

99% of the time I do

Back