That was good!

I'm all about Dad Golf.

Based on the article I'm officially playing grand dad golf

Personally, I think he should have spelled out Hashtag Chad.

I think I used to play Dad golf, but now I'm pretty confident in the longer clubs. Starting to go at the par 5s in 2 more than ever.

(Adds up my age..) Well I'm almost a decade older than some cart girls, so I guess I do play Dad golf after all.

The last year, I've started easing into that mode. Just didn't know there was a name for it.

Jack

Dad golf is my jam. Especially the part about the dumb joke that flies over the cart girls head.

Nice...i guess I'm playing dad golf too

I don't understand why that is "DAD" golf?
Why isn't that just considered managing ones game? or playing smart? or making good choices?
I mean anyone at any age may learn and chose to play this way and many do. Why is this "DAD" golf? All it really is is playing "smart".

A recent round on a par 5 with two legs (zigzagger) and I was the only one who teed off with a 5wood. And yet in the end I was also the only one who pared the hole and also with a chance at a birdie putt. I don't call that "DAD" golf but just smart golf.

I understand grip and rip it on just about every hole can be fun but imo it can also get a bit repetitively boring too. Imo its a lot of fun to manage holes differently too. It adds another element to golf imo or at least doesn't take one away.

Dad Golf FTW! I'm all about that.

I've been playing "Dad golf" for a few years now, and I'm totally ok with that. During the KC Invitational, I had a great round going, was 1 under going into the par 5, 9th hole and was contemplating going for the green in two (215 carry over water from my spot). After talking with Threeboysdad and Jman, they made me stick to "Dad golf" and lay up instead. It was the right call (*tips hat to them*) as I JUST missed my birdie putt, and shot the 1 under 35 on the front nine.

SOOOO...I've embraced Dad golf, and I'm ok with that!

That was great and definitely where I am at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently "young cool guy golf" is "go for everything like a moron" golf?

In that case, then yes I play dad golf, and I always have. LOL

Agree with all that BUT... I still hate hybrids! Gimme my 3 or 4 iron, 3 or 5 wood.

I am schizophrenic about this.

I was playing golf with my wife's uncle in Santa Fe a couple of weeks ago (he's early 70's and I'm late 50's) and he was egging me on to go for the greens on shorter par 4's and I was pulling my 3 wood to play smart/safe. Eventually, I relented and did bomb a few drivers on the par 4's. Didn't drive the greens but was within 20 yards or so a couple of times.

Have to say that both "Dad golf" and "bomb and gouge" have their appeal.

Really enjoyed that, I am 27, single, no kids, and guess what, I play Dad golf already. lol

Love it and certainly Living the dad golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing dad golf for a while, actually trying to play more aggressive now.

Realistically I am playing grandpa golf because I have a 5H...

Apparently "young cool guy golf" is "go for everything like a moron" golf?

In that case, then yes I play dad golf, and I always have. LOL
Right after I say this, today I took on a narrow opening on a par 5 with driver over a hazard to give myself am opening to get on in 2, and it paid off. So, I need to learn to play "young cool guy golf" when the situation dictates I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back