Odyssey Putters Thread

I understand the price points on these. But for my tastes, the head weight is very light. I bet we see this insert featured on future lines though. Perhaps one with adjustable weights

Only 5 grams lighter than previous lines

I didn't even know this happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I've got plans for that 1w!!! Having a hard time finding what I need though

Haha I've got plans for that 1w!!! Having a hard time finding what I need though

How do you feel about welding?

No HT in the number 9 is disappointing. Might have to try it anyways to see what the insert is all about.

Only 5 grams lighter than previous lines
True to some degree but I always game the 20g adjustable weights though. 345g at 33" is no bueno for me

I need a tank version.

this would be interesting. The lighter weight is the only thing keeping me at bay right now. I know i can use lead tape or tungsten weights, but i prefer a clean look.

Not a huge fans of the looks of this line but interested and looking forward to trying the insert.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How do you feel about welding?

Light. I have my #7 at 34 instead of 33 to keep extra swingweight
Exactly, 95% would never notice if you didn't tell them.
I can tell. Noticed it immediately when picking it up. But I game my putters at 360+ usually

I believe the saying is "only those on the Internet can feel the difference in 5grams"

I need a tank version.

this would be interesting. The lighter weight is the only thing keeping me at bay right now. I know i can use lead tape or tungsten weights, but i prefer a clean look.
White hit rx tank cruiser 7 with a plumbers neck... yes please

Disappointed to see the 1w isn't in this line. Good looking putter but I'm not moving on from that head.

Well the big thing too is the stock grip. SS grips tend to counterbalance the balance point which masks exactly how light the putter is. When I switched grips it was obvious but you're correct that in stock set up I couldn't really feel any difference.

I believe the saying is "only those on the Internet can feel the difference in 5grams"
It'll upset some here I'm sure, but this is true. Not saying some can't tell, but far far far far more can only tell when they read it and then become convinced its an astronomical difference.

Well the big thing too is the stock grip. SS grips tend to counterbalance the balance point which masks exactly how light the putter is. When I switched grips it was obvious but you're correct that in stock set up I couldn't really feel any difference.

Standard grip is 59g, SS 2.0 is 50g and 3.0 is 60g.

It'll upset some here I'm sure, but this is true. Not saying some can't tell, but far far far far more can only tell when they read it and then become convinced its an astronomical difference.
I can tell. Perhaps since you game at 36" the difference is less noticeable. But again, as soon as I picked it up it felt light.

Odyssey Putters Thread

Oof, sorry odyssey. I'm not a fan of the looks on the white hot RX at all. Looks cheap to me.

Oof, sorry odyssey. I'm not a fan of the looks on the white hot RX at all. Looks cheap to me.
I actually agree with this. Usually big fan of Odyssey looks

I actually agree with this. Usually big fan of Odyssey looks

Me too. I really wanted that white hot RX face on something that looked like the works line. But apparently this is the cheaper line from them, so I guess it makes sense.

All the new stuff is on the Odyssey web site.

Disappointed there are no milled options. Was hoping for something new in the 2-Ball or #7 style. Oh well.

Back