Ferry Point (Trump), Bronx NY

JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
Played this course twice this week and I have to say it is a quite enjoyable course to play. Went as a single both times and was paired with threesomes. The rounds were about 5 hours each but everyone loved the course and the setting, the weather was superb and all felt that the round just went too fast. Would love to do this course for 36 in a day but that might be quite expensive. Rates vary depending on age and whether one is a NYC resident.

The practice areas are very good. Driving range, short game area and good sized putting green. They charge $50 to use it but access is free with a round so I would definitely recommend taking advantage of that if playing a round.

The pro shop feels temporary. The building is fine and sells the standard issue of merchandise albeit with a lot of Trump branded items. Next to it is a tented area with food and a quality bar. While it has a temporary feel (maybe they will build a bigger facility later), it does not feel shoddy. Say what you will about Trump but he knows how to put on a quality show.

Carts have GPS and allow for ordering of food (they will come find you). There is a stand on the course and a cart comes around as well. Sometimes it seems there is no cart and then you'll get three one right after another. Carts are new and it good shape (course just opened in March 2015) with a nice thick steering wheel.

Glad I went out twice. First day was windy, day after a storm so cart path only. First lap hit 79% of fairways and got caught out of position off the tee a number of times. Second lap around only missed the fairway (13/14, 93%) once - drove through the dogleg on #10 and ended 1 yard into the fescue , wedged out and then hit a 177 yard 6 iron to 18" and a par - and split the fairway on all the others. Best driving day since I got GameGolf averaging 242 with a long of 260 and a short of 225.

As it is links-style, depth/distance perception is an issue. Second day could take the cart on the fairway so GPS could help. Remember to download and update GPS devices before going as it is a new course (I forgot the first day). Would definitely recommend a laser rangefinder as distance is hard to judge as there are really no trees.

From mid-town in early AM about 25-30 minutes away.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Range and putting area (forgot to take shots of the short game area) and one on a hole with the Whitestone Bridge.

Attachments

• DSCN0673.jpg
    DSCN0673.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0674.jpg
    DSCN0674.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0675.jpg
    DSCN0675.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0676.jpg
    DSCN0676.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0677.jpg
    DSCN0677.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0678.jpg
    DSCN0678.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0680.jpg
    DSCN0680.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0679.jpg
    DSCN0679.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I've been wanting to play but my schedule hasn't aligned with my NYC trips this spring/summer.

Nice looking course. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the post. I would love to play this someday. Would be a bit of a treat given the price, but considering the views and the condition, would be worth it. Rick Shiels had a good round from his vlog. 3 under. Drove the green on that water par 4.

Thanks for the post. I would love to play this someday. Would be a bit of a treat given the price, but considering the views and the condition, would be worth it. Rick Shiels had a good round from his vlog. 3 under. Drove the green on that water par 4.

The first day I played it, one guy in my foursome drove the green (he was 2/3 back on the right side of the green) and just missed the eagle putt by an inch - we were playing Blues. From the Golds (what Shiels was playing) its 330+.

The second day I played it I had my best driving day of my life - hit 13 of 14 fairways and also had only 29 putts. If only I could do that every round.

Back