Issues with using golf handicaps during a match (Play the same tee/ best man or women

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give this guy 23 shots ...:(

Why even work on the game . Seems like the worse you play the more you get rewarded
I can see in a flighted tourney ... But regular play ?? This is hysterical

If you don't want to play for money then don't... It is really that simple.

I have to give this guy 23 shots ...:(

Why even work on the game . Seems like the worse you play the more you get rewarded
I can see in a flighted tourney ... But regular play ?? This is hysterical

Then dont play him? Just go out and play for fun. I just dont see the issue. And who said he isnt working on his game? You on one hand, want to hand out trophies because someone tried to do something, then someone tries to play golf and they arent good enough to play with you. The hypocrisy literally oozes from your keyboard with every post and its downright tiresome and old.

If you don't want to play for money then don't... It is really that simple.

Please don't use logic in here. It really complicates things for some

#alienneeded?

Oh, mystery meat...

Let's play from 7,000+ sometime. Straight up.

Next thing you know, Notre Dame is going to be giving UMass 14 a half.

With no tees. You have to use those sand thingies. And only persimmon clubs and bladed irons because :(

I will agree to the blades. But even Jack Nicklaus used a tee and sold 460cc drivers. So, no.

I kind of like getting those pops huh MillerTime ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will agree to the blades. But even Jack Nicklaus used a tee and sold 460cc drivers. So, no.

But you have to use limited flight golf balls... Don't want the game ruined in any way

I don't see where the "reward" is. At the end of the day, and this is assuming that it's a legit handicap, that guy still has to shoot better than his average (and really, potential since that's what the handicap represents). After all, there's a reason he's giving those strokes. Do you really feel that great about yourself beating someone who has absolutely no chance against you straight up? If so, good for you I guess?

If it's someone you don't play with often and don't know their game, I probably wouldn't play a match, but if you know the guy is a legit high handicapper, who cares? I give my wife about 30 strokes over 18, and we still have fun playing matches.

But you have to use limited flight golf balls... Don't want the game ruined in any way

Eff that. I worked hard on my swing to be able to hit a 300 yard drive. Why should I have to give up a skill I worked so hard to get. If somebody is a short knocker, then they need to work harder at the game. No reason to help out a hacker who didn't put in the time.

(I just brought it full circle)

Eff that. I worked hard on my swing to be able to hit a 300 yard drive. Why should I have to give up a skill I worked so hard to get. If somebody is a short knocker, then they need to work harder at the game. No reason to help out a hacker who didn't put in the time.

(I just brought it full circle)

I'm sorry sir but everyone tried their best. Just 14 putt the final green so we all tie. Okay?

Then we'll head to Chuck E Cheese and eat our oranges and drink our juice box together while staring at our awesome new trophies!

Quit feeding the troll everyone. It's like a Gremlin and you keep throwing snacks at it at 12:01 am.

This is coming from the same guy who won't play in a thp event because they are too competitive and he's all about fun.

Guys despite the message, let's try to keep to the topic at hand rather than turn this into some sort of pile up banter thread.

Guys despite the message, let's try to keep to the topic at hand rather than turn this into some sort of pile up banter thread.

I do think it is a nice coincidence, I am going to consider it one, that this thread started after you posted in the handicaps and gambling thread. Specifically regarding low handicappers feeling spurred when losing despite shooting close to par.

I mean honestly Mystery, if giving your friend 23 strokes so he can compete with you is that big of a trouble for you, then just play for fun and leave the money games out of it. If your playing for bragging rights, then most likely you are going to shoot the lower score, so you can say you beat him, and he can say he beat you with a handicap, and bam you both win. Either way I think you are missing one of the most important things about golf, and that's to have fun.

23 pops is silly for a money game. I'm a 27 handicap and I can't imagine playing with more than a pop a hole, even against a scratch golfer. There's just too much potential to go low when your handicap is that high.

I'd give the dude a pop a hole tops, especially if he's trying to hustle you for money.

23 pops is silly for a money game. I'm a 27 handicap and I can't imagine playing with more than a pop a hole, even against a scratch golfer. There's just too much potential to go low when your handicap is that high.

I'd give the dude a pop a hole tops, especially if he's trying to hustle you for money.

I'm not sure how accurate that is, assuming the person is honest with their postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back