Best places for golf clothing on a tight budget

End of season clearance rack at Golf Galaxy. Shirts on that rack get crazy cheap. They might not be the hottest style but it's a great way to pick up a half dozen quality shirts for less than $150.

Really? Cause I've found GG expensive for the most part and never found anything on a small sale rack that was my fit or taste but to be fair I havnt really checked "end of season clearances"

One issue I have with clothing is the cut of the item. I am very finicky how it sits and feels on me when I try something on. If something bothers me the slightest bit I won buy it. So even when at a sale rack and if I do find my size and a design I like I often don't buy it if I don't like how I feel or how it sits on me. You'll be like "that looks fine" and I'll be like "nah, it aint sitting right, feels weird here, this part is stupid" etc etc lol :) I'm a pain.

But when a large amount of different ones are available I will find the one or two that work for me and perhaps by it (the same one) in different colors. Instead of 2 different shirts, or shorts, whatever, it will be two of the same item but in different colors. And if I know it works well, I'll look for that same item again in the future to be available at the right price when I need more. It eliminates the hassle of having to shop and shop. But that's only if it can be found again.

Tough to beat eBay. Even if it might not be legit hehe.

DOD via Dawgdaddy has lead me to Budgetgolf.com , Gofetail.com , and Rockbottomgold.com . I never pay more than 25 bucks for polos, shorts, or pants.

Definitely check out Rockbottomgolf.com all the time. I also like the Champion golf shirts/shorts that Target carries. Online deals are out there everywhere.

Deal of the day thread and Wal-Marts Ben Hogan section.

I constantly search the outlet stores. Tons of awesome deals is there's any around you

I'm going to agree with Izod outlets. For me they are great fitting shirts.

proozy.com

Got some fantastic Adidas golf shirts from here. They often have Under Armour too.

DallasGolf.com occasionally has some good deals. You can subscribe to their email list.

TJ Maxx and Marshall's as well as Walmart (can't beat the price for the Ben Hogan and Russell Athletic stuff).

Goodwill! There are lots of shirts there that are brand new, especially when companies donate unused golf shirts with their logos or events.

I hit up Gmamas quite a bit. There packages are good deals on good clothing.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on Golfetail as I seem to get emails from them everyday. The one time something didn't fit, return was no problem. Lots of Adidas stuff cheap.

I hit up Gmamas quite a bit. There packages are good deals on good clothing.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Can't beat em.

Didn't see it mentioned...but Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off Fifth is good for finding a higher density of normally more expensive stuff for cheap.
Otherwise, I will agree with Costco, TJ Maxx (luck of the draw), and Outlet malls.
Don't forget about Columbia Outlets if they're at your local outlet mall...they're not "golf" shirts...but they're for outdoors, wicking, and have high UPF ratings.

Almost all of my golf attire was picked up at TJ Maxx, Kohls, Walmart, Target, or BJ's Wholesale when it comes to chain stores.

I'm lucky that Ahead's HQ is in the city next to me, so usually at the end of the year they have a huge outlet sale to get rid of overruns, old styles, etc. My father & I usually go on the very last day when everything is marked WAY down & pick up $60 shirts for $5, hats for $2, jackets for $8.

Tj maxx and marshalls have some really good deals. Problem is, it's random if they have anything good in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodwill! There are lots of shirts there that are brand new, especially when companies donate unused golf shirts with their logos or events.
Goodwill has shirts and shorts for $3.95 ea. Seniors get 25% off on Wednesday here.

Goodwill has shirts and shorts for $3.95 ea. Seniors get 25% off on Wednesday here.

Another vote for Goodwill/Thrift stores for the extremely frugal. Definitely the best deal - if you're patient. I have a big thrift store nearby (not a Goodwill, but pretty much the same setup). Different color tags are 1/2 off certain days. I grabbed brand new Greg Norman golf pants with tags on for $4.

Trying the stuff on is a pain though - not many fitting rooms and sometimes a big line.

Another thought about Goodwill stores: If you happen to live in an area with a major college rivalry, sometimes you can find "lost a bet" shirts from the other team. I found a mint U of Michigan (UnderArmour) tech polo in a Columbus Goodwill for $2. Since my oldest brother is a UM grad, I snapped it up.

I do all of my clothes shopping on EBay and in the Outlet stores.

I just started learning to play golf. So far I have picked up most of my clothing at the Under Armour outlet. Luckily, we have three within about 30 minutes of where I live.

Didn't see it mentioned...but Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off Fifth is good for finding a higher density of normally more expensive stuff for cheap.
Otherwise, I will agree with Costco, TJ Maxx (luck of the draw), and Outlet malls.
Don't forget about Columbia Outlets if they're at your local outlet mall...they're not "golf" shirts...but they're for outdoors, wicking, and have high UPF ratings.

I wouldn't even thought to bother with those two. But yea, I suppose I could see some better attire heavily discounted on such sale racks at those two normally expensive stores.

I was in Costco yesterday for other clothing lol and they still have whats left of golf shirts at great prices but for now I'm good and have enough. Except for one of shorts which has some light stains from grease or something down by the outside and front thigh area. To be honest you really wouldn't notice but it bothers me lol. It happened the first time I wore them and I just wasn't throwing them out after just getting them. Perhaps next year they will go and I'll have to replace that color short (light beige)

I wouldn't even thought to bother with those two. But yea, I suppose I could see some better attire heavily discounted on such sale racks at those two normally expensive stores.

I was in Costco yesterday for other clothing lol and they still have whats left of golf shirts at great prices but for now I'm good and have enough. Except for one of shorts which has some light stains from grease or something down by the outside and front thigh area. To be honest you really wouldn't notice but it bothers me lol. It happened the first time I wore them and I just wasn't throwing them out after just getting them. Perhaps next year they will go and I'll have to replace that color short (light beige)
Well Rack and Off Fifth are the outlet portion of those companies. You'll find them around. It's probably where unmoved inventory goes eventually. Wife found and bought a Marc Jacobs (apparently nice?... Ask your wife) purse for about 100 bucks there. It was missing it's strap....She was happier than hell.
Best I could tell, it was equivalent to finding a G25 driver brand new for 40 bucks because the grip was missing...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

End of season sales should be starting soon. This is about the same time last year I went crazy on shorts and shirts.

I'll be keeping an eye and some casual searching for a couple new pairs of shorts over this next month. Heck, even X-mass sales will soon be popping up but sometimes such things are marked up for this purpose and the sale is not as good as we think.

Back