The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

"Oh Captain, My Captain".

Collectively the five greatest captains this event has ever had. Without question and thank you for your service.
That's pretty awesome. These 5 have a tall task on their hands. #THPMC is bigger and better than ever before, that's for sure.

That's pretty awesome. These 5 have a tall task on their hands. #THPMC is bigger and better than ever before, that's for sure.

I expect to have a full head of grey hair by July

And it certainly is not a slight on the great captains of the past. People such as you and P4B were outstanding. The key word is collectively.

One way to know your teammate's game in alternate shot: play with your teammate in the morning round. Some knucklehead came up with that idea last year, it seemed to work out pretty well. I wonder how many of the captains this year will do the same thing.
I'm kind of inclined to agree. Plus you don't end up with a situation where one guy who played among the last pairings and barely gets a granola bar between rounds doesn't get paired up with a guy who's been off the course for awhile and has gone cold. That whole shared struggles thing.

And it certainly is not a slight on the great captains of the past. People such as you and P4B were outstanding. The key word is collectively.
I know dude, I cant imagine the tasks they are being put to as Captains this year. Just goes to show how much this event has evolved over the past 4 years.

I'm kind of inclined to agree. Plus you don't end up with a situation where one guy who played among the last pairings and barely gets a granola bar between rounds doesn't get paired up with a guy who's been off the course for awhile and has gone cold. That whole shared struggles thing.

That will not happen.

One way to know your teammate's game in alternate shot: play with your teammate in the morning round. Some knucklehead came up with that idea last year, it seemed to work out pretty well. I wonder how many of the captains this year will do the same thing.

I'm sure the captains have their own gameplans and will make selections for the best of their respective teams.

Every day is a new challenge, but I wouldn't change a thing. Having the blessing of growing with and leading a group like this is something that I'll never take for granted.

I'm sure the captains have their own gameplans and will make selections for the best of their respective teams.
#Learnfromlastyear

You do know a thing or two about winning Cups. You 2 were awesome together. A true team.

I'm betting it happens a lot more this year and I am basing that off of no insider knowledge whatsoever. I think it was one of the best strategy decisions that was made last year.

That will not happen.

Transportation will be arranged between the courses? If not, the same thing could happen.

You do know a thing or two about winning Cups. You 2 were awesome together. A true team.

Didn't hurt that Jake hit a fade and I hit a draw. We had a shot for just about every situation.

I'm betting it happens a lot more this year and I am basing that off of no insider knowledge whatsoever. I think it was one of the best strategy decisions that was made last year.

I have watched three teams use this strategy in events just like this in the last 12 months. It worked well for one of them and the other two it did not work. At least in terms of winning.

Transportation will be arranged between the courses? If not, the same thing could happen.

As I said, it will not happen.
This is a different event and things are being done differently.

I have watched three teams use this strategy in events just like this in the last 12 months. It worked well for one of them and the other two it did not work. At least in terms of winning.

All comes down to the players a team has and the different personalities to match...either way one goes.

Playing all day with one player works well. Did people switch between rounds last year. I didn't pay attention

Playing all day with one player works well. Did people switch between rounds last year. I didn't pay attention

I switched between scramble and alt-shot last year. It was nearly perfect.

Wasn't sure with the amount of time between rounds. We left TB, put a peg in the ground at Cal and we were off.

That is part on the captain duties. Know who is going out early in the am and get them out early in the PM. Also means you have to think ahead when throwing together your am pairings.

As I said, it will not happen.
This is a different event and things are being done differently.

Then I hope it's being handled differently than all of the players figuring it out on their own. IMO, it was something that could have run smoother with some advance planning.

Wasn't sure with the amount of time between rounds. We left TB, put a peg in the ground at Cal and we were off.

Case in point. I hate that some guys didn't get time to eat anything between rounds.

I'm guessing that it being said it won't happen means that it won't happen, just a wild hunch.

It's not the same old MC. Fact.

I had a balanced breakfast and snacks throughout the rounds. I was good for the day

It can always be smoother. But I don't think it was as bad as the first year there. Seemed like most people knew to figure out rides that morning while on the range. Clearly pace of play and match length can alter plans. I think my first match was like 3rd to last group off in the am and was 3rd or 4th out in the PM. I had time to go in, order a club, and get to the first tee. Just have to be prepared.

In all honesty I think it becomes a moot point with how things are being handled this year. The smart player packs snacks to get them through the round. I've been in situations where I've had to run from one course to the next while playing 36 and the only thing to be had were snacks.

I'm guessing that it being said it won't happen means that it won't happen, just a wild hunch.

It's not the same old MC. Fact.

Sounds it right?

Back