The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got ya i keep stats i think i was around 20% last year before the winter hit. maybe i will make 25% a goal for 50 and in this year.

i just thought up something to try how about drop 4 balls off the green to chip aim at 4 diff distance flags. then take your putter and try to make the putt. kind of a real world up and down scenerio.

There ya go. I do a lot of one-ball practice from just off the green.

The other advice I'd give is to get out of the habit of just practicing perfect lies and angles. I'll stomp balls down in the rough, put them on bare spots, short side myself etc. That's the only way you'll know what to expect the ball to do.

This weather sucks. Suppose to be 30° at lunch time. Still plan on hitting up the range to work on what we went through in my lesson Saturday. Got work to do.

This weather sucks. Suppose to be 30° at lunch time. Still plan on hitting up the range to work on what we went through in my lesson Saturday. Got work to do.

Yep. Another rotten week. Unbelievable!

Yeah, you don't want that swing to look like mine for too long ;)

Yep. Another rotten week. Unbelievable!
Ugh it's unreal. BUT it looks like the end of this week could be the week we pull out of it.
Yeah, you don't want that swing to look like mine for too long ;)
Haha! I still can't believe it. I think my jaw hit the floor when we first looked at the video.

Haha! I still can't believe it. I think my jaw hit the floor when we first looked at the video.[/QUOTE]

Ha...did he show u my swing and say Derek taught u well?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Oddly enough, the last few weekends in DFW have not been good for our typical March/Spring time. I think we're slowly making the turn and have some practice rounds scheduled for Thursday and Sunday this week. #AboutTime

My session got cut a bit short my rain but I think I learned a few things. The biggest take away for me today is that I need to play faster. Now I am not slow player to begin with but I need to work on making the game more athletic and less technical. I won't get to play again for several weeks but I plan to try to play at JB pace and see what happens. I was hitting the ball so much better when I would just step in and swing. No practice swings, no waggle, no second look at the target. Just step in and swing.

But the bogies are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The course keeps on telling me
Time and time again. 'Boy, you'll never win!'
"You'll never win"

But the voice of practice tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says "This is for The Morgan Cup"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Shutting down the practice for the rest of the week. Tweaked the right side of my back during the Callaway event and it's not really getting better. Gonna shut it down and not pick up a club until Friday and see if that helps it any.

Damn Wardy! Take it easy buddy....get that back healthy lil' tiger

Shutting down the practice for the rest of the week. Tweaked the right side of my back during the Callaway event and it's not really getting better. Gonna shut it down and not pick up a club until Friday and see if that helps it any.

Stretch and hot baths... let the muscle relax if its muscular issue. Hope you feel better soon!

Stretch and hot baths... let the muscle relax if its muscular issue. Hope you feel better soon!

It likely is yeah. I usually foam roll it a few times a day. It kinda sucks. The pain is just a dull annoying pain.

It likely is yeah. I usually foam roll it a few times a day. It kinda sucks. The pain is just a dull annoying pain.

Dull pain is good. Usually means it will go away soon. Stretching, heat, and NSAID will be your friend

Paging DCBrad

Haha Brad come pop my back and make it stop hurting.

I bet not hitting balls for 2 hours yesterday would have helped it some. Nice thinking on my part

Done for the night. Off night for workouts, so just drilled and hit some balls.

I got home tonight to some snow falling from the sky, I have some grass showing in my yard, so I had time to take 50 swings (not hitting balls). I took driver swings with a focus of starting my swing in my shoulders, keeping my feet quiet, short backswing, and finishing hands high. It will be a process, but I think I felt some good things!

My iron swings, I tend to sweep the ball and struggle when I feel I have to step on a shot, I am finding that preloading weight to my front side helps me make contact with the ball first, (taking business cards from in front of where the ball would be positioned), hopefully my iron play will soon be improving. Another focus was moving my right shoulder forward on the downswing and not dipping it.

Hopefully I can run through more swings tomorrow and Wednesday, and play 18 Thursday.

I'm ready to start playing my best golf!

Done for the night. Off night for workouts, so just drilled and hit some balls.
Nice dude!

I had planned a range session this afternoon, as well as Thursday. Instead I get rain all day and cant get out there. Will have to double the workload for Thursday.

Haha Brad come pop my back and make it stop hurting.

I bet not hitting balls for 2 hours yesterday would have helped it some. Nice thinking on my part

You are just an animal. Shutting it down is a good idea. If it's still bothering you in July, let me know. #billablehours

Seriously though, do you have any biofreeze? That will help as well.

I got home tonight to some snow falling from the sky, I have some grass showing in my yard, so I had time to take 50 swings (not hitting balls). I took driver swings with a focus of starting my swing in my shoulders, keeping my feet quiet, short backswing, and finishing hands high. It will be a process, but I think I felt some good things!

My iron swings, I tend to sweep the ball and struggle when I feel I have to step on a shot, I am finding that preloading weight to my front side helps me make contact with the ball first, (taking business cards from in front of where the ball would be positioned), hopefully my iron play will soon be improving. Another focus was moving my right shoulder forward on the downswing and not dipping it.

Hopefully I can run through more swings tomorrow and Wednesday, and play 18 Thursday.

I'm ready to start playing my best golf!

CJ, just listening to you talk about your swing, you are night and day from when I met you in October. I'm a firm believer that you have to at least have somewhat of an understanding of the mechanics of the swing to be able to begin to change it. Keep at it dude, it sounds like you are improving.

CJ, just listening to you talk about your swing, you are night and day from when I met you in October. I'm a firm believer that you have to at least have somewhat of an understanding of the mechanics of the swing to be able to begin to change it. Keep at it dude, it sounds like you are improving.

Brad, I have come to realize that with my flexibility limitations, and body, that I will never have Adam Scott's swing. But that is no excuse to not attempt to do the right things.
I do feel the bad swings and how they differ from MY good swings, I have been able to self diagnose and correct a few things.

I have 8 rounds in so far this year, and I've gone from averaging 14 penalties a round (I know life of a slicer) to 3. I am keeping the ball in play tons more, also trying to think my way around a course now instead of hero shot after hero shot.
I make better, more consistent contact.

Last year I was starting by shooting mid to high 120's, to this year averaging 103.
I am exited to see where my game is going this year, I really cant wait until I can swing every day!

I cant tell you how much I enjoy hearing "CJ you're playing a lot better than you did last year"
It keeps me going, I have a long way to my plateau, but I do intend to do all I can to reach it!!

Brad, I have come to realize that with my flexibility limitations, and body, that I will never have Adam Scott's swing. But that is no excuse to not attempt to do the right things.
I do feel the bad swings and how they differ from MY good swings, I have been able to self diagnose and correct a few things.

I have 8 rounds in so far this year, and I've gone from averaging 14 penalties a round (I know life of a slicer) to 3. I am keeping the ball in play tons more, also trying to think my way around a course now instead of hero shot after hero shot.
I make better, more consistent contact.

Last year I was starting by shooting mid to high 120's, to this year averaging 103.
I am exited to see where my game is going this year, I really cant wait until I can swing every day!

I cant tell you how much I enjoy hearing "CJ you're playing a lot better than you did last year"
It keeps me going, I have a long way to my plateau, but I do intend to do all I can to reach it!!

Keep up the good work CJ!

You are just an animal. Shutting it down is a good idea. If it's still bothering you in July, let me know. #billablehours

Seriously though, do you have any biofreeze? That will help as well.

Ice pack, and then heated seats in my car. That's basically my rehab situation. That and a bathtub if need be haha

ice pack, and then heated seats in my car. That's basically my rehab situation. That and a bathtub if need be haha

ice ice baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back