Titleist Vokey SM5

There will be rust. Oh yes. There will be rust.

Very nice Blu!! Let us know how you like them, ive been seriously pondering a few. They are sexy

There will be rust. Oh yes. There will be rust.

So I'm still reading up on the grinds and think the M grinds will be what I need. How did you decide on the S grind?

So I'm still reading up on the grinds and think the M grinds will be what I need. How did you decide on the S grind?

S grind is a full sole. For me, that's ideal for full swings and pitch shots. The M grind is a heel grind. Good for opening the face for bunkers and green side shots.

Easier way, go to Hopkins' website and see what they recommend and just get the equivalent in the Vokeys.

I'm coming for that 60 Blu.

Is there a downside to a wedge rusting? I'm likely going to be getting some of these wedges and I want the raw black ones, but I don't want the rust part of it to hurt my game or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is there a downside to a wedge rusting? I'm likely going to be getting some of these wedges and I want the raw black ones, but I don't want the rust part of it to hurt my game or anything.

Some people don't like the look, but from a performance stand point, no difference.

I'm coming for that 60 Blu.

From my cold dead hands. Bring it. Even better, make your way to Wisco and we can tee it up and I will let you hit it all you want.

Its all aesthetics. The rust will not hurt or improve performance. But the raw finish allows for rusting, and then Coca-Cola baths, which makes the wedge look pretty unique

How did I just find out about these yesterday? They look really good. I actually like the gold. It reminds me of my old Scotty California Del Mar. These might just be my next wedges whenever I get ready for some.

War Eagle from my iPad

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts blu; I've been reading up on these lately and trying to educate myself on the grinds available. Looking foward to seeing how the black wears after some play. Do you find the head compact at address? Like SCOR... MD2.... 588 sized? I haven't seen them in stores around me yet but am pondering one for the 58* slot in the bag.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts blu; I've been reading up on these lately and trying to educate myself on the grinds available. Looking foward to seeing how the black wears after some play. Do you find the head compact at address? Like SCOR... MD2.... 588 sized? I haven't seen them in stores around me yet but am pondering one for the 58* slot in the bag.

They're not that small actually. Decent face area. Looks somewhat 588 ish. The grind on the 60 adds some heft to the sole.

Just got the 58.11 K Grind ... miracle worker out of the sand. Just gotta figure out which 54 grind to get now.

That m grind has me excited.

That m grind has me excited.

After talking with the customer service with Vokey & Golfsmith the M grind is what I need for the conditions and my type of wedge play. My set wedges run through 50* so 54/58 set up fills the gaps nicely and doesn't affect my distances at all.

How do I figure out what kind of grind I need for picking out these wedges? I plan on getting a 50, 54, and 58. I swing/chip normal and am not a digger/sweeper.

How do I figure out what kind of grind I need for picking out these wedges? I plan on getting a 50, 54, and 58. I swing/chip normal and am not a digger/sweeper.

Call Titleist. Or do what I did. Go to hopkinsgolf.com an cross reference their recommendations with the Vokeys.

Call Titleist. Or do what I did. Go to hopkinsgolf.com an cross reference their recommendations with the Vokeys.

I went on the Hopkins website and all of the names for their grinds are different then the Titleist ones. How do I know which ones matches up with the other one?

I went on the Hopkins website and all of the names for their grinds are different then the Titleist ones. How do I know which ones matches up with the other one?

Look at the pictures on Hopkins' site and match them up to the pictures on titleist's site.

Hopkins will give you a baseline based on region. Take that information and call Titleist they will match grinds based on that. They are very helpful.

Nice to hear your thoughts Blu on these. That's a very similar set up to what I'm looking at. S grind in a 52, M grind in a 57. Not sure what direction I want to go with bending. My local shop has a big Titleist demo day coming mid-April and I plan on a wedge fitting that day.I'm certainly doing the Raw Black, I love that look. Will be interesting to see how these rust over time. I might have missed it, but shafts you go with?

Nice to hear your thoughts Blu on these. That's a very similar set up to what I'm looking at. S grind in a 52, M grind in a 57. Not sure what direction I want to go with bending. My local shop has a big Titleist demo day coming mid-April and I plan on a wedge fitting that day.I'm certainly doing the Raw Black, I love that look. Will be interesting to see how these rust over time. I might have missed it, but shafts you go with?

Go Raw Black finish. PD needs a rusty wedge.

Go Raw Black finish. PD needs a rusty wedge.
Raw Black was never a question. Never. I've got a Black Ox Nike at my parents...I love it.

I demoed these and the MD2 Saturday. Clubs both felt unreal nice. In the end it was gonna be a Vokey and the titliest guy there actually for me said he'd get the SM4 instead.

Back