Titleist Vokey SM5

I demoed these and the MD2 Saturday. Clubs both felt unreal nice. In the end it was gonna be a Vokey and the titliest guy there actually for me said he'd get the SM4 instead.

The SM4 isn't that different I guess. I just like these looks better.

I foresee an end of the season set of the gold-nickel wedges.

i got some gold nickel and ive hot a few off the toe and got deep scratches in them, totally spoiled the look.do you think i could buff them out and keep the gold finish?

Going to stop by the shop on my way home and place an order for some left handed SM5s. Going with the following in tour chrome:

48.08 F grind
54.10 S grind
60.11 K grind

Going to stop by the shop on my way home and place an order for some left handed SM5s. Going with the following in tour chrome:

48.08 F grind
54.10 S grind
60.11 K grind

I like the K grind in the 60. Big ole sole for bunker shots!

Anyone tried the 58K or 60K? Wondering..is if hard to open it up to hit pitch or flop shots with the wide sole?

Anyone tried the 58K or 60K? Wondering..is if hard to open it up to hit pitch or flop shots with the wide sole?

Check with Fupresti. I thought he snagged one.

I've got an SM4 with the K grind and I love it. You need to learn the let the bounce do the work. Once you figure that out, it's awesome.

I'm hopping my SM5 60 K will be even better.

Play the 58 m grind. Best bunker wedge I've ever hit.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

How can you tell if a M or K grind would work best for you. I usually take a decent divot & I would most be using the club from 50 yards in and in bunkers. It's really hard to tell hitting off mats in Golfsmith.

How can you tell if a M or K grind would work best for you. I usually take a decent divot & I would most be using the club from 50 yards in and in bunkers. It's really hard to tell hitting off mats in Golfsmith.

I'm like you and at demo day they fitted me for an F grind

The way Titleist has these configured it depends on the type of player you are, Slider, neutral, digger and then the grind is really preference, but has some to do with the type if conditions you normally play. Softer conditions typically means more bounce and tighter conditions means less bounce.

I called Titleist and they walked me though it. I settled on the M grind for my 58 and it has heel relief with 8* bounce.

Has anyone hit these vs the SM4. Just curious if a lot of difference was seen performance wise

I'm like you and at demo day they fitted me for an F grind

What degree was that? 56*? I am considering the difference between the 58M or 58K.

What degree was that? 56*? I am considering the difference between the 58M or 58K.

Just a 56. I use to play 54/58 and discovers that gave me too many options for my simple mind

The way Titleist has these configured it depends on the type of player you are, Slider, neutral, digger and then the grind is really preference, but has some to do with the type if conditions you normally play. Softer conditions typically means more bounce and tighter conditions means less bounce.

I called Titleist and they walked me though it. I settled on the M grind for my 58 and it has heel relief with 8* bounce.

Thanks for the info. I see you are in Texas. There is a lot of hardpan there right? Here in Northern VA we really don't have any hardpan shots.

Thanks for the info. I see you are in Texas. There is a lot of hardpan there right? Here in Northern VA we really don't have any hardpan shots.

I wouldn't really say hard pan, but definitely have tighter fairways with the Bermuda grass that is mostly used.

I spent some time talking with the local Titleist rep and he suggested the M but at the time we were only talking about a 54 sand wedge. May also go with a 58 M.

I am planning on putting a 54-S grind and 60-L grind in the bag in the next few weeks.

I am planning on putting a 54-S grind and 60-L grind in the bag in the next few weeks.

54/10 S grind us what I have and such a great all around club. I've used that anywhere inside of 90yds & occasional short chips around the greens.

I'm looking at a 50 F grind and 54 and 58 M Grind. I like gold!

I had a look at the SM5 wedges yesterday, it has been quite a few years since I owned Vokeys. I think the 3 finishes available this year are great, I have used Oil can or chrome (now known as Tour Chrome) in the past. The black and tour chrome are very nice but the Gold Nickel finish is strangely appealing to me, it is a different look which I think I could use. I am quite happy with my Mizuno MP R-12 wedges, they are still in very good condition but I am seriously considering a couple of the new Vokeys. If I get some I will go with gold nickel 52.08F and 58.07S or 58.08M.

Back