JTJIII

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you all really believe that Callaway is the #1 irons of the game. How do you guys like your Callaway irons.

Do you all really believe that Callaway is the #1 irons of the game.

In which sense?

• Number of irons sold?
  • Number of pros using them?
  • Performance?

Callaway makes very good irons. However I do not believe they are the number one irons made. They were in 2008 based on survey numbers sold. This year the Burners are the number one irons sold so far IIRC.

The X-22 irons are very good. Here is our review of them.
The Hackers Paradise Callaway X-22 Irons Review

There is no NUMBER 1 iron in golf unless you mean sales numbers. It is always different for different people and why we have so many people test our clubs in reviews.

#1 is subjective if you mean the way they play. I love Callaway irons and have played them for years as they work for me. My bro-in-law hates Callaway irons and we typically like very similar stuff so there ya go. Subjectivity.

They're like anything else, some people like them, some don't.

I had BB 2006 irons, fitted and recommended by the Callaway Fitting Center, and didn't like them at all! I traded them in after one year for my current G10's.

Guys I play with have various Callaways from X14's to X22's and like them a lot.

I have a set of Big Bertha 2002 irons and they are very easy to hit, very forgiving. It is very hard not to hit them straight.

I'm playing X-14 pros. They're chunky, but not as much as Big Berthas, have less offset, and are really forgiving. I bought them used from Callawaygolfpreowned.com - they were in great condition and cheap.

I have enjoyed my x-20 irons more than any other iron set previously owned, simple and straight.

Back