Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
as i am unfamiliar, i am about to get some graphite shafts pulled and i would like the loft and lie check, and adjusted if need be, on my irons. is this done with the shaft out of the head or is does not matter?

My understanding is you do loft and lie with the shaft in and compare it to stock specs

i'm not sure why you would need to have the shaft in the head to check the lie angle. i would think the angle of the hosel when the club is flat on the ground would be sufficient. but i've never worked on my own clubs so i may be completely wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, you want a shaft of some sort in there, because the actual measurements are done against the shaft, not the hosel.

If I'm not mistaken, you want a shaft of some sort in there, because the actual measurements are done against the shaft, not the hosel.

This guy is right. You bend at the hosel, but I forgot the shaft is the part that rests on the measurement gauge. You need the shaft in.

thanks, the shaft needs to be in, that is correct

definately want the shaft in as to check if you need the lies adjusted you will hit off of a lie board.

Back