Nike Method Origin Putter Preview

That is a great looking putter. Very much looking forward to hearing more about these and reading whomever does the review on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, 419 is.....ballsy.

I agree but I think what we are seeing is companies pushing the prices after years of pricing be around the same. I struggle to think this putter can grab the market at that price point though. That said the shape is outstanding and if it feels as good as it looks I can see one getting into my rotation

I agree but I think what we are seeing is companies pushing the prices after years of pricing be around the same. I struggle to think this putter can grab the market at that price point though. That said the shape is outstanding and if it feels as good as it looks I can see one getting into my rotation

You're an exception to the putter purchasing rule though. :alien:

The real question, to me, at those price points is availability and if it is limited in any way/shape/form or not.

I'm a fan of Nike putters and I'm curious on the tech but the looks don't wow me. Especially after seeing what we saw last week.

You're an exception to the putter purchasing rule though. :alien:

The real question, to me, at those price points is availability and if it is limited in any way/shape/form or not.

That is an interesting point because it is not a headshape that you currently see at retail (few exceptions) and one that many companies pull the "limited" card on

That is an interesting point because it is not a headshape that you currently see at retail (few exceptions) and one that many companies pull the "limited" card on

Precisely. Lots more questions in my head than answers here.

Am I missing something? Are these just an Anser and Anser II shape?

It is interesting. Nike does tremendous things with limited offerings. Their limited to 100 products have sold out in seconds, not surprisingly, but if they expand that to say 5,000 pieces, where does that stand? It might still be limited by some companies standards, and a regular production run by another company.

Im very curious where this model goes and if it expands.

I like the putter design and the tech built into this line. I would imagine the price point will keep many away bc that's a steep number for many.

I'm a fan of Nike putters and I'm curious on the tech but the looks don't wow me. Especially after seeing what we saw last week.

I'm not sure I understand what doesn't wow about what is basically a four piece traditional head shape that incorporates extreme toe/heel weighting and multiple non-metal elements that will undoubtedly soften the contact feedback and potentially improve the roll placed on the ball.

I know it's not presented in a similar light, but frankly, there could be a ton of value in this tech. If this were a smaller company introducing all of this, would it wow more than Nike could?

I'm not sure I understand what doesn't wow about what is basically a four piece traditional head shape that incorporates extreme toe/heel weighting and multiple non-metal elements that will undoubtedly soften the contact feedback and potentially improve the roll placed on the ball.

I know it's not presented in a similar light, but frankly, there could be a ton of value in this tech. If this were a smaller company introducing all of this, would it wow more than Nike could?

So I just asked 7 people via email (non-internet golfers) about this putter release and sent nothing but pictures and the press copy. It was a pretty common theme, which surprised me, but I think is going to be the thoughts. The surprising trend here is that I only had 1 positive response and I think the other 6 were split between "blue looks cheap" and "the marketing is odd".

FWIW, I believe in similar tech, like EVNROLL that does something similar to dampen sweet spot contact. But if you read through the only press copy available right now, the technology is definitely not at the forefront, and if you read it fast, like most do online, its kind of buried.

So I just asked 7 people via email (non-internet golfers) about this putter release and sent nothing but pictures and the press copy. It was a pretty common theme, which surprised me, but I think is going to be the thoughts. The surprising trend here is that I only had 1 positive response and I think the other 6 were split between "blue looks cheap" and "the marketing is odd".

FWIW, I believe in similar tech, like EVNROLL that does something similar to dampen sweet spot contact. But if you read through the only press copy available right now, the technology is definitely not at the forefront, and if you read it fast, like most do online, its kind of buried.

Well, they've been pushing the polymer face elements for a number of years so that doesn't surprise me. I've only got the images to go on with regards to what the additional tech is, but it's nice to see them expand a bit more than their previous offerings, and incorporate weight to the perimeter which i strongly believe benefits golfers.

And it's funny, it's not the blue that makes me think the product is cheapened, but rather the same "NIKE" logo I can buy on a golf shirt. When i think Nike, I don't think clubs despite knowing their lines fairly well over the last few years. I don't wrap my head around that too hard because I'm not sure there's much point, but it definitely lingers.

I wonder if they'd do well to bring in a well known putter maker and build their brand around him. Let the name speak louder than the brand, yet leave the brand totally visible behind it. Certainly worked for others.

Well, they've been pushing the polymer face elements for a number of years so that doesn't surprise me. I've only got the images to go on with regards to what the additional tech is, but it's nice to see them expand a bit more than their previous offerings, and incorporate weight to the perimeter which i strongly believe benefits golfers.

And it's funny, it's not the blue that makes me think the product is cheapened, but rather the same "NIKE" logo I can buy on a golf shirt. When i think Nike, I don't think clubs despite knowing their lines fairly well over the last few years. I don't wrap my head around that too hard because I'm not sure there's much point, but it definitely lingers.

I wonder if they'd do well to bring in a well known putter maker and build their brand around him. Let the name speak louder than the brand, yet leave the brand totally visible behind it. Certainly worked for others.

Further down in page one, there is some of the press copy too.
I actually like most of what I am reading and seeing. I dont love the blue on here, as I think its tries to hard to match up with other clubs, but that doesnt take away for me. I agree 100% on the Nike on the hosel.

Sometimes with golf, less is more. Branding does not need to be everywhere.

I actually like most of what I am reading and seeing. I dont love the blue on here, as I think its tries to hard to match up with other clubs, but that doesnt take away for me. I agree 100% on the Nike on the hosel.

See i think im the opposite. I like that they are adding the blue and blending the entire set top to bottom together. To me that just looks better in a bag. Different strokes for different folks. Mayve the Volt yellow would have been a better choice than the blue but its better than dark gray and red

See i think im the opposite. I like that they are adding the blue and blending the entire set top to bottom together. To me that just looks better in a bag. Different strokes for different folks. Mayve the Volt yellow would have been a better choice than the blue but its better than dark gray and red

I guess as someone that is not really brand specific (#TheGrandaddy is different), I look at the top to bottom of same look as a boxed set. Just personal preference.

I guess as someone that is not really brand specific (#TheGrandaddy is different), I look at the top to bottom of same look as a boxed set. Just personal preference.
Ok ya i can see that. Maybe i would have thought similar had my bag been different. In reality though, a bigger "look" plus/minus will be the headcover. Unless you are that guy who leaves his putter uncovered haha and i cant stand seeing that

I think similar looks go well with similarly named lines. Look at woods through irons for example. But no where else are we really seeing that sort of consistent aesthetic. It does look a little cheap to me.

The more and more I read this thread, the more I believe that Nike tried so hard last year with good products, good marketing, a consistent line, and focus but saw little movement in the market. So instead, they said eff it and stopped trying.

I agree with you. I'd like to see the head with a different colour on there, as I am sure my homerisms for blue let it slide a bit.

Also, I bet if you polled a large chunk of the guys buying the fancy putters they'd talk about how good a 'blank sole' looked. Seems like the market for a nascar looking head caps out well before the 1k crew, but I am not sure these elements are that far off some of what we're seeing from other putters. Maybe more so with white/black, but the color is definitely still there at times.

I'm really digging it.

I agree with you. I'd like to see the head with a different colour on there, as I am sure my homerisms for blue let it slide a bit.

Also, I bet if you polled a large chunk of the guys buying the fancy putters they'd talk about how good a 'blank sole' looked. Seems like the market for a nascar looking head caps out well before the 1k crew, but I am not sure these elements are that far off some of what we're seeing from other putters. Maybe more so with white/black, but the color is definitely still there at times.

I think time will tell on this one. They have put a lot of R&D into it. I mean a lot. If they can create the message to go with that development, they may have something here. They dont have to sell 100k of them. But at this price point, I think they would like to hit 25k.

I think similar looks go well with similarly named lines. Look at woods through irons for example. But no where else are we really seeing that sort of consistent aesthetic. It does look a little cheap to me.

The more and more I read this thread, the more I believe that Nike tried so hard last year with good products, good marketing, a consistent line, and focus but saw little movement in the market. So instead, they said eff it and stopped trying.
I can see Nike starting to grow this season and in the near future. I know nothing about the people behind the brand or anything about their marketing (or lack there of) but they do have a young group of players on tour who are starting to come into their own and i think that will help. THPers are the minority of equipment buyers. The masses still buy what they see the pros having success with

I can see Nike starting to grow this season and in the near future. I know nothing about the people behind the brand or anything about their marketing (or lack there of) but they do have a young group of players on tour who are starting to come into their own and i think that will help. THPers are the minority of equipment buyers. The masses still buy what they see the pros having success with

I would normally agree with you. But if Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy cant sell it, its more than tour presence.

I would normally agree with you. But if Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy cant sell it, its more than tour presence.

will be interesting to see if TW has it in the bag whenever he returns.

Shouldn't Nike be #1 or at least close then since they have Tiger and Rory? While I actually agree with the statement, Nike is the one company that for some reason doesn't ring true for. A lot of people just aren't willing to give Nike a shot.

Back