I deleloped the yipps on lag putts this year ...yikes ,,but I cured it !! with this !

LEFTY57

Reaction score
Handicap
Oh my god , started to get the yips on long lag putts say 40,to 25 feet this year. THE worst year
putting ever , I am left handed and on long putts my left arm would twitch casing the putt out to the left and short of the hole . After awhile it destroyed
my confidence in mid to short putts , while not yipping those stokes I just tried to wish it in the hole.. not good.

I tried different grip sizes and styles, gripping the putter in all kinds of different styles with mixed but poor results in general.

After watching Jordon Spieth at times he looks at the hole and not at the ball.
Thought why not. First off I take a couple of practice swings to feel the distance, then line up the face to the line ..say the putt breaks three feet
to the left set up there, look directly at that spot 3 feet beside the hole and leave my eye one it, then stroke it.

The results were incredible.. distance and line were spot on leaving kick ins or 3 or 4 footers to finish.

Now I tried this method on on mid range putts which I would call 20- 8 feet the results were mixed but positive. It seems to need more practice with feel
as it depends on up hill , downhill and so on , but I am willing to spend some time on this method.

On short putts say 7 feet and in I just use my normal stroke which seems fine because the pressure isn't there as much anymore and confidence is back.

Even if you don't have the yipps and struggle with lag putting try this it take the thought out of the stroke and frees up you . Make take a bit of work but it has been a God send to my problems.

gb

Sorry I did not notice the Putting like Jordon Spieth thread posted earlier it guess this follows along with
that, feel free to add this to that thread , just wanted to share my great results with the boys.
gb

Back