Custom Project X Shaft Review Thread

I'm in a similar place Stan, this shaft in my Vapor Pro is a huge asset to me right now. I'm just booming it with a baby draw on good strikes, and most of my misses are just slight blocks, which I can live with all day (the odd duck hook sneaks in, but no shaft is helping that). I haven't been hitting a ton of fairways with it, but that stat is deceiving as most of my misses with this club have been only a couple yards off the fairway and for the most part very playable. I would echo than I am taking 3W to "hit it straighter." I just continue to love the flight I get with it, it's nice and high but by no means ballooning at all.

Really excited to see the guys this year put together their creations!

Still loving and gaming my custom Project X shaft. I'm so confident in it. After a year of play I really know the shafts. I'm hitting longer drives. Hit 11 of 13 fairways with it on Sunday. In days I miss, it's usually not far off the fairway. Had several Sunday in the 245-260 range. Was driving with and past guys that are usually 15 to 20 yards past me. A subtle footwork change has helped me get the gain.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I haven't even looked at driver shafts since this event. Other than a hiccup at The Lakes at Victoria (thanks to Awkward Silence's juvenile gamesmanship and awful cart driving) I have never been more consistent with the driver. I know I've been saying this for a while but I'll get that HZRDUS Yellow in my 816 one of these days. I'm still loving the Handcrafted LZ though.

This shaft is pretty much my greatest asset right now, and continued to be at #StaffProto. With one exception, I hit solid drives throughout Ivanhoe with this bad boy on the road to no losses in 3 matches.

Now the only question is still I take it out of my Vapor and put it in the new W/S hotness that comes out of Driver vs Driver...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Got the custom shaft out on the course today.

Boy, I like hitting this club. Not the best results, but that was in part because I was playing almost 500 yds shorter than I usually play and I ran out of fairway a couple of times.

Long, straight, good ball flight, really punished the ball today. Was able to move the ball both ways (pull left, push right) but that was not intentional. :bulgy-eyes:

Overall a fun day with this club, which had not been out in a while.

Reviving this thread. Don are you watching? So my custom shaft performed awesomely with the XR head I was playing during the event. I've plugged in an Epic head to the shaft and my results have been mixed. Could I have a swing weight issue? I have misses left and right. Don, would playing a different head throw off the swing weight?

Reviving this thread. Don are you watching? So my custom shaft performed awesomely with the XR head I was playing during the event. I've plugged in an Epic head to the shaft and my results have been mixed. Could I have a swing weight issue? I have misses left and right. Don, would playing a different head throw off the swing weight?

Do you have any kind of scale that you can measure the head mass of the two?

It could be swingweight, or CG location in the head. Did the misses start going one way and you started correcting the other and now are playing army golf?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's definitely army golf now. A lot of heel hits with the epic head and then I'm likely over correcting to get misses the other way. Felt like I was getting more center hits with the XR. I haven't played around with the weighting on the Epic head.

It's definitely army golf now. A lot of heel hits with the epic head and then I'm likely over correcting to get misses the other way. Felt like I was getting more center hits with the XR. I haven't played around with the weighting on the Epic head.

Corporal, do you have a kitchen scale or anything that you can use to weigh the two heads?

More heel hits, if the swing is consistent, could be less droop in the shaft from a lighter head. If you aren't able to confirm the head weights you could try some lead tape on the Epic to see if that helps center the strike.

DB

Back