THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9.2 and holding... I have t had a round in the last month.

Down to 13.2 (-.7).

Ticked down one notch to 9.3. Need to play well the next few rounds, some good one's are at the bottom of the list.

15.1 up to 15.2 but only 1 round played

Up a little bit (from 12.1 to 12.6). Might have liked that before last weekend's tournament. :alien:

Going from 1.8 to 1.6... Could the Cure Putter and AimPoint Express be the reason? Both new additions. My lowest handicap ever. It is a GameGolf Handicap for what it is worth. Started at about 5.5 this year off traditional handicap system. In my last 20 I have had a handful of pars for 9, one 69 for 18, a 35 for nine last night, lots of 74-77 as well. I do not want the snow to come...

One other note. I have used the "StrokesGainedGolf" for a couple rounds & find it very interesting.

Last 9 hole round.. Score of -1 (35)

Total Strokes Gained in these 9 holes: -.26 (meaning I lost .26 strokes total in the nine holes to PGA average metric). So most pros would have been 34.74 on average.

Tee for par 4 & 5 = Gained 1.24 strokes on field- I have lost some weight, worked out a little more, worked on my D & 3w more than ever, stretching every morning. It is paying off.

201+ out = -.70 strokes
151-200 = -.52
101-150 = -1.38
51-100 = -.74
0-50= -.24
Putting = +2.08 ( good night putting, made about 60 feet of putts on first 3 holes). I would expect this to be about zero most days. I have worked a ton on 8' and in.

What have I learned? Long par 3's are rough and I need to improve 125-225 or so. Game Golf has let me know I need to improve in the past. LOL

Short par 5's are not good to score 5's on. Elite players make birdie 65% of the time.
GIR is still an important base metric but a 65 ft 2 putt is about equal to a 15 yard chip + 1 putt.

Usually if I miss a green by 3 yards and still get up and down par the approach was good. This system keeps it all separate and only looks at one shot at a time. How good was that shot compared to a tour average? Miss a green from 110 yards.. Not that good.

This is only 9 holes of data but these numbers will not be disputed by me for that round.
It is nice to get away from seeing total scores and get some unbiased cold feedback broke down into segments of what to work on. Excited to see 10 rounds or so. Probably not too many secrets left after that I would imagine.

Dropped a touch from 2.8 to 3.0 with a big chance finish lower than that 2.8 when our season closes. Next 5 rounds to drop off are mediocre so a couple good ones will set a PB and an awesome number to look at all winter long

Up a lot - 11.7 to 12.6.
Have not been playing very well recently. I deserve this index. So be it.

Held steady at 16.4. Had a nice round but I guess not nice enough to lower lol.

I finally moved off 18 down to 17.7 lol. I will take it. I trended up to 18.9 after 5 straight bad rounds. But lately I have been shooting 88-94 over the past 10 rounds.

Handicap keeps getting lower. Went from a 9.9 to a 9.7. Definitely been playing well. Unfortunately not gonna be able to get out much more the rest of the year.

Handicap keeps getting lower. Went from a 9.9 to a 9.7. Definitely been playing well. Unfortunately not gonna be able to get out much more the rest of the year.
#StanTheSandbagger strikes again :alien:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Had a few good rounds recently and dropped from 7.2 to 5.4

Down again to a 16.6, don't see it going much lower than 16 this year but I had I really good year dropping 4-5 strokes off my cap. Lessons and practice really paid off and I hope to keep these skills "warm" during our winter.

Well, I'm back down to an 11.2. Was hoping to make a season-ending stop in single-digits, but don't think I'll get in enough rounds to do so.

Up a lot - 11.7 to 12.6.
Have not been playing very well recently. I deserve this index. So be it.

#JourneyToA20 :D Just one of those blips, I'm sure. I've hit that kind of wall 3 times just this season.

Went down from 10.1 to 9.1 yesterday, yes in one round. Previous lowest was 9.6 :)

Going from 1.8 to 1.6... Could the Cure Putter and AimPoint Express be the reason? Both new additions. My lowest handicap ever. It is a GameGolf Handicap for what it is worth. Started at about 5.5 this year off traditional handicap system. In my last 20 I have had a handful of pars for 9, one 69 for 18, a 35 for nine last night, lots of 74-77 as well. I do not want the snow to come...
To be honest.. Not worth that much to me. :)

I'm currently a 9.1 handicap, according to GameGolf I should be 3.5.. I know I should be better, but not a 3.5 :)
Not with my 52% FIR, 48% GIR stats.. I shouldn't be.

Let's see the last rounds then:
+7 / 18 holes, CR73.8-SI141
+4 / 9 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course
Level / 9 holes, CR67.8-SI120-ish course
+10 / 18 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course
+5 / 9 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course
+2 / 9 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course
+6 / 18 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course (yesterday, 41 stableford is nice)
+2 / 9 holes, CR71.8-SI130-ish course (today, 9 holes, no Q possible again..)

Just three 18-hole rounds, I've played each one below my current handicap.. I must be doing something right then, but not according to the FIR/GIR stats :D

Had a few good rounds recently and dropped from 7.2 to 5.4
I still want to see your work time sheet!

You have made great strides in your game my friend!

Trending to 11.2 after today.

I'm trending down a touch to 11.4. Honestly thought it would be lower given the high slope rating of the courses I played. The season has to be coming to a close soon so it looks like I will have just missed a single digit cap before jumping up to the 11s. Next year.

Down to 16 now

...trending 9.6 after today's 37 on 9. Holy cow.

Down to 18.3. My goal for this season was to get under 18 for the first time, and have a couple rounds left before winter to make that happen.

1f7ff66b93fdc347a5d7a47fdcdd9204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a combined 9 hole, even par 72 the other day which has me trending to 2.5 so far. Nothing good is falling off over the next few rounds so it should hold to the next revision. That would be a new PB but i want to drive it lower. This has been such a fun run of golf!

After today's 83, says I'm trending 9.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back