jiiim

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
NONE
I just got back to golf from a long layoff health related...About 12/13 years ago I purchased a set of Kasco hybrids which were some of the first hybrids...They were really good clubs..a bit demanding but what you put into them you got back...

Anyway I'm in the market again I've been playing a old Taylormade dual I had laying around...it is a good club but I only have one....I was looking for a newer [ it doesn't have to be the latest.. could be a couple years old ] hybrid to replace my 3 and 4 irons...

I don't want a tough to hit hybrid...getting older...something that's easy to get up and as long as there is I have to keep up with these young guys:beat-up:

So what's out there now

Cleveland Mashie and the successor 588s have gotten a lot of love. Can be had quite cheaply as well

I like the Bio Cell hybrids myself. Not expensive and the loft is adjustable. Since I really don't hit long irons well I carry 3 hybrids.

You have a lot of great options, both really new, as well as from the past couple of years. Easy to hit? Try the G-series models from Ping, as well as the Cleveland options (588 and a bit older Altitudes). The Callaway X-series is nice, too, though I get along better with the Alpha model.

my vote would be callaway x2hot, easy to launch and very forgiving

In terms of forgiveness the Adams A-OS series are some of the very best. A7 or the A12OS. They're carzy long and stupid easy to hit. With these hybos think long, high and straight. If you want something lower launching then take these out of the equation.

I like the Bio Cell hybrids myself. Not expensive and the loft is adjustable. Since I really don't hit long irons well I carry 3 hybrids.

The BioCells are both stupid easy to hit and are stupid cheap now...

My favorite hybrids have been the Adams a12OS. Plus since they are older, you can probably get them on the cheap.

Love my Mashie+ and x2hot hybrids. Mashie+ is so solid for me

The M series Mashies are great hybrids and are very reasonably priced. I prefer the smaller sized T series Mashies. My Mashie TM4 is my favorite club in my bag.
Being the club ho that I am, this is a very interesting thread. Off to find some Adams OS series...

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I've heard great things about xhot, x2hot and the xr series. for me, the best combination of point-and-shoot with aesthetic appeal are the j15 series from Bridgestone. they're not the longest, but they're ridiculously straight, responsive and are confidence-inspiring. but they're not inexpensive yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylormade Aeroburner are very easy to hit. I'd say easier than the X2 Hot with a higher flight. To my eye the head sits squarer than the X2 Hot which I always thought looked a little closed. Forgiveness is there especially off the heel.

My favorite hybrids have been the Adams a12OS. Plus since they are older, you can probably get them on the cheap.
About $45 shipped. Fav club in my bag is the 4h.

I'd look at either the Callaway X2 Hot's or the XR's.

I've had both, they are extremely easy to hit any they launch the ball high with great distance.

The TM RBZ Stage 2, 22 degree hybrid in my bag is EASY to hit and goes a good distance. Maybe its me, but TM seems to fit the bill for woods and hybrids. Of course we're all partial to our own clubs.

Adams always make good hybrids but also might want to check the Titleist 915H or HD.

my vote would be callaway x2hot, easy to launch and very forgiving

100%. These are awesome clubs that can be had super cheap now.

I 100% agree the Adams a12OS are awesome. They are also getting very hard to find, at least the 3h is.

I have had an Adams Super Hybrid (3) laying around and finally put it in the bag.

Effing loved it.

My vote would be for the bio cells they are really inexpensive now and and super easy to hit.

PING G30 is a gem. The only hybrid I've hit that doesn't go left. I'm blown away by how good they are. Straight, high and long although maybe not the longest on the market.

Back